Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

the 10.28 N24 forecast had the snow due in SE/East Anglia more fragmented than the same forecast half an hour earlier. any reason for that? it also showed the snow turning to rain in east anglia later on. hope the mild air isnt pushing further west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Hmm not sure if we should trust the bbc weather too much, that jay lee or whatever his name is showed it missing us on coast ( he did this yesterday also and was wrong then bless him)but as i type its starting again.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Very pleasant here in milton keynes now, was aroubd 1cm covering when i woke up at 8am, now upto a good 2 inches from moderate to heavy showers that have been falling in the last hour or too. Heres looking to a few more showers to build up a nice blanket for the good stuff lateron :cold:

Here we go, another shower starting to dump more out of the sky :cold:

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
Is this fresh snow fall in the last 1 hour as the band hit you? Its important this answer... please be accurate, thanks,

heavy snow falling in deal right on the coast north of dover

Posted

Just finished building a snowman with my daughter. Had great fun - snow of my childhood kind of amounts (although not yet topped 1991 just yet)

Its been snowing steady in Bexleyheath now for around 20 mins :cold:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

No fresh snow overnight apparent - the last snow showers were about 10pm

Started snowing again about 30 minutes ago and is not coming down moderately and steadily :cold:

3 to 4cms here and now being topped again

Posted
Well there is about 2 inches on the ground here but further up closer to the London area its probably easily 3-4 times that depth so to be honest its going to be a very tough journey f you are intending to do it.

I'd expect another 3-6 of snowfall from this front, quite amazing event I think and I suspect even conservative people would have to describe this event as exceptional, at least for the SE.

kold - how far west do you think it will get along the coast?

Posted
Did you try getting to work? I survived Friday Street but the traffic lights at the Red Lion were fun :D

Callie ;)

Looked out of the window at 6.30am, checked the traffic reports on the net and though s0d it, I don't want to sit at Falmer or Offham for 2 hours then turn around and come home!!!

Posted
(although not yet topped 1991 just yet)
Nowhere near 1991 here yet, perhaps about the same as 2003 or a smidge more. We had nearly 2 foot of lying snow in 1991 with 3 foot drifts!

Posted
We now have 12 cms in Burgess Hill... still snowing.

Another good reason not to try and get to work today!!!

Posted

OK Guys along the south east Kent coast you are the main line of information, what passes through you will develop further, so if you can keep a running track of your conditions it will benefit all the rest of Kent, London and Essex as the main band runs up to them. In Canterbury its snowy, I would say a cross between light to moderate, but I am more interested in the heavy moderate bands that look like they are hitting you now!

Is it blizzard, whiteout yet or just light snow.

Edited by PureOcean

Posted
Le Neige Nouveau Est Arrivé !
Just finished building a snowman with my daughter. Had great fun - snow of my childhood kind of amounts (although not yet topped 1991 just yet) Its been snowing steady in Bexleyheath now for around 20 mins ;)
still snowing here in C London, my firm has said i can book into a hotel tonight if i cant get home. considering it took me 3 hours to get to work this morning, if the next dumping makes it worse it looks like i will be enjoying the comforts of the thistle at charing cross :D

Posted

Having just checked radar I reckon heavy stuff will hit in about the next 3 hours for Kent - are we all in agreement! It looks great how its building up!

Edited by PureOcean

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
I hate to say this but the snow here has started turning abit sleety in the last few minutes hope this isn't the start of something rainy! ;):D

It may be tht you have only the got the very light ppn making it a bit sleety, will get heavier from now on, so expect snow :)