Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Just measured on the patio and we have 5" of snow, it may be deeper further out into the garden on the grass, but not venturing that far!

post-2672-1233568087_thumb.jpg

post-2672-1233568140_thumb.jpg

Posted

In Tunbridge Wells I measured 6.5 cm (circa 2.5 inches) this morning.

Some of the other readings - particularly Bromley/Sutton areas and the like are quite amazing and remind me of what we had here in 1991!

We've had light snow for about an hour here, but all hopes are on the next lot coming from France.

MM

Posted

Right thats it= finally given up= had enough, won't get any now, nothing on radar :shok: :o

lovely to see everywhere else getting loads though

have fun :)

Posted
No, he isn't very pleased about the amount of snow to be honest, doesn't much like the white stuff - just said he had about a foot of snow which looks in the right ballpark from his photo.
Crikey O'Riley! lol :shok:

Posted

How much do you have Knightstorm, my home is Ockendon so what you have is going to be a good guide to what its like back home at the moment.

Front really starting to show itself on radar now, also still seems to be some sort of weak pre-frontal system strectching from Essex down to the IoW.

Posted
No, he isn't very pleased about the amount of snow to be honest, doesn't much like the white stuff - just said he had about a foot of snow which looks in the right ballpark from his photo.

Can vouch for that. I am a mile from Epsom and depths are easily a foot deep.

Posted

Periods of heavy snow yesterday has led to accumilations, however the snow turned a bit sleety during the night and this led to a very slight thaw by the morning. Very light snow flurries have emerged now, here in East Kent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Im actually gonna predict massive depths across the SE ONTOP of what they have seen already, another upto 10 inches I reckon. For me it would mean 8 to 10 inches plus 2cm...but for London etc some HUGE accumlations, maybe more than 91! Lots of snow to come!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Well get ready to start the show! Oh yes.... here it comes. Yesterday and last night, was nothing compared to today folks!

The first band just hitting Dover. This is it, here we go, I forecast between 4 to 12" depending on the location, but you will be super unlucky in Kent if you dont get a few inches. The central dover Dover to Canterbury and onwards looks to be direct centre of the projection!

Strap yourself in!!!! Finally A snow storm to enjoy.

Posted

Morning all

Just been sent home from work so I'm very happy indeed :doh:

Thought I'd share a couple of photo's of my back garden. Snow curently 71/2 inches /19 cms.

post-2065-1233568442_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Last nights forecast was VERY poor for here , but very good for others so i'll let that slide hehe. Hopefully we get pounded by this front atleast :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Im actually gonna predict massive depths across the SE ONTOP of what they have seen already, another upto 10 inches I reckon. For me it would mean 8 to 10 inches plus 2cm...but for London etc some HUGE accumlations, maybe more than 91! Lots of snow to come!

really? what makes you think it isnt going to turn to rain with mild sector?

Posted

Is this snow from france going to turn to rain in east kent??????

Posted
snow.jpg

Blimey, did they measure how much snow was on that car? I thought my dads was bad when I was having to dig him out this morning!

Must be about 8 inches on this 1.

Holy shyte!

Even I'd agree that's a good foot!

Posted
Morning all

Just been sent home from work so I'm very happy indeed :doh:

Thought I'd share a couple of photo's of my back garden. Snow curently 71/2 inches /19 cms.

post-2065-1233568574_thumb.jpg

Posted

Hi.Newbie here. I've been following the posts for the last couple of days. I'm near Great Yarmouth.Overnight snow has virtually disappeared. Very small amount of rain/sleet at the moment. I was intending to travel down to the Chichester area today. Is it worth me bothering?

Route would be A12 to Brentwood,M25 to Dartford Crossing,M23 South to pick up the A27 to Chichester. Cheers.

Posted
How much do you have Knightstorm, my home is Ockendon so what you have is going to be a good guide to what its like back home at the moment.
Why where bouts are you at the moment? Well I havn't officially measured it yet, but my estimate would be around in excess of 6 inches, with loads more due!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Well get ready to start the show! Oh yes.... here it comes. Yesterday and last night, was nothing compared to today folks!

The first band just hitting Dover. This is it, here we go, I forecast between 4 to 12" depending on the location, but you will be super unlucky in Kent if you dont get a few inches. The central dover Dover to Canterbury and onwards looks to be direct centre of the projection!

Strap yourself in!!!! Finally A snow storm to enjoy.

really - why is everyone so sure?

last night shows it could totally mis us all - its snowing here now but i expect it to peter off and then turn to rain at 6pm./

Posted

does this look like a fair representation of the snow depth?

snowdepthen0.png

w759.png

i'm south of the two yellow blobs in essex but southwest of london looks like its gonna get absolutely destroyed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Six inches of level snow here.....still snowing..it hasn't stopped all morning!

Fantastic....but one regret. My kids are ten and seven. They've never seen snow like this locally. The only time they've managed to get out on a sledge was when we had about three cms on a thursday a couple of years ago. I was working in Zurich then and it was all gone by the time I arrived home late the following day.

This time, I'm at home, but they went to Ireland for the weekend....due back at stansted this evening (if possible). So I'm still waiting to share a decent snow experience with them!!! And boy, is this a decent experience!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

HEAVY SNOW!!

Could've done with heavy snow last night though :D:doh:

Posted

I am with friends in Forest Green, in the Surrey Hills north of Ewhurst. Ive measured 13 inches of snow inplaces with some deeper

spots where the snow has drifted. Looks like here has taken the direct hit from the overnight snowstreamer.