Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
still snowing here in C London, my firm has said i can book into a hotel tonight if i cant get home. considering it took me 3 hours to get to work this morning, if the next dumping makes it worse it looks like i will be enjoying the comforts of the thistle at charing cross :D

I can recommend this one if they are paying.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Finally proper snow flakes falling, keep it coming please

:o :doh: :o :o :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

And thats just a little line of ppn, the main stuff still in France, coming over for a British holiday. Maybe to make the most of the cheap exchange rate :lol: :D ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

We have more in Shoebury and coming down quite fast and in slightly heavier bursts. I think its just snow, and not sleety although hard to tell through the wndow really. Will venture out to have a look soon as got to drive out to pay my cheque in

Posted

Looks like the main frontal band is now joining up with the pre-frontal development that has been present for the last 2hrs or so, will be very interesting to see if that trend continues in the next few hours or not, will be good news for those further west if it does continue to occur...

Posted

Very fine snow grains here, but reasonably heavy giving the snow on the ground a nice top up.

Just fingers crossed the band from France doesnt turn to sleet and rain soon....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Now up to 2cms (since 0900) on the coast at sea level - temp has fallen in the heavier stuff from 1.2 to 0.8C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
I predict the best snow will be from 3pm onwards judgeging from forecasts!

Looking on radar its moving over channel into south essex, Kent already so gonna start a tad earlier than that. midday ? Hevaiest stuff towards 3pm as you have said :o

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Shorne..Kent. Light Snow, light breeze. Temp 0.3c

Posted

Just thought I would have a quick peek at the models as I had forgotten about them for 24 hours - WOW, all three in agreement for the whole week! - Worth having a butchers.... :o

SS

Posted
And thats just a little line of ppn, the main stuff still in France, coming over for a British holiday. Maybe to make the most of the cheap exchange rate :o :o ??

its not laying though as grounds wet :yahoo:

Posted
Phew, I hope your right! :o

Just down the road to you in Harold Wood. Its snow here mate so dont panic!!! Likely to get dumped on again later too with a possible good snow event later in the week.

Posted

Yes the France system will definately start to kick in within the next couple of hours, but heaviest stuff looks like between 3 and 7pm this evening with an increase in windspeed so pottenitially blizzard like in places, particularly over higher ground!

Posted
OK Guys along the south east Kent coast you are the main line of information, what passes through you will develop further, so if you can keep a running track of your conditions it will benefit all the rest of Kent, London and Essex as the main band runs up to them. In Canterbury its snowy, I would say a cross between light to moderate, but I am more interested in the heavy moderate bands that look like they are hitting you now!

Is it blizzard, whiteout yet or just light snow.

post-9369-1233572085_thumb.jpg

Gives you a taste of current conditions in downtown Folkestone...

Laz

Posted
Likely to get dumped on again later too with a possible good snow event later in the week.
Yes I noticed on the BBC weather site that it's predicting heavy snowfall on Friday, also the long range forecast predicts that the month ahead will remain cold and wintry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I though this was going to be snow event but people are talking of rain and sleet whats going on ?

Temps higher then expected ?

Still snowing here -0.6c