Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welcome To Narnia

Posted

Has a lot of that melted now? I ask as i drove up the other side of London from the Channel Tunnel up the M11 onto the M25 and then onto the A1(M) and although it did snow going over some hills on the M11 before i got onto the M25 i saw no snow at all down there, it wasn't till after Cambridge i really saw a fair bit of snow before it was more of nothingness again until i got up into Yorkshire(South and West) where i picked up some real depth again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I haven't seen snow like that since Inverness got a pasting in 2003...Two days or so after Banchory reached 18C! :)

Posted
Very nice pictures (and ruler :w00t: ) , you would normally expect that much snow in a mountain resort!

B) The parks in London did temporarily become mountain resorts for a few days - there were people skiing and snowboarding in the royal parks.

I like! :D

I had about the same amount in North Birmingham.

Theres a towel on your washing line :D

Sadly the towel has a severe case of hypothermia, but still wants to battle on despite the conditions. :cold:

Has a lot of that melted now? I ask as i drove up the other side of London from the Channel Tunnel up the M11 onto the M25 and then onto the A1(M) and although it did snow going over some hills on the M11 before i got onto the M25 i saw no snow at all down there, it wasn't till after Cambridge i really saw a fair bit of snow before it was more of nothingness again until i got up into Yorkshire(South and West) where i picked up some real depth again.

Full cover lasted until early wednesday i.e. over everything.

The grass had 100% cover until Thursday/Friday. The side roads still had ice on Thursday, pavements on Friday.

Even some pavements had ice left on Saturday (6 days).

There are still the smallest of patches of snow ice left in sheltered areas in the garden and on the pavement outside (but they will have melted by tomorrow)

WOW! An awesome amount of Snow!

Certainly was, the wind direction (ENE) definitely helped, being directly in the path of the streamer (I am about a mile south of the Thames)

great photos and certainly a good depth there

It's certainly the most snow i've ever seen in my life, unless a small snow patch on the Swiss alps in mid summer counts.

I haven't seen snow like that since Inverness got a pasting in 2003...Two days or so after Banchory reached 18C! :D

Sounds like a heatwave, anyone looking forward to a nice warm April?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Bet everwhere was closed that day :D , we had 28cm on Tuesday and school still didnt close :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Great pics/snow depths, just reminding myself of how lucky some of us have been this winter, thanks for sharing. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Amazing, never noticed these at the time.

It already seems a distant memory, but it really was something to remember for some.