Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
What the hell is wrong with the BBC. A flash warning has been issued here. It's belting down with snow, yet on News24 it shows up bone dry. Look at the festering radar you muppets!!!!

Heavy heavy snow here now - wow!

Sometimes i wonder if anyone who has control over whats gonna be said to the nation reads this forum.

I would help a lot if they did, But tbh i think they have to follow the charts and data rather than nowcasting and relying one what random people from the intertubs have to say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

OI! Rain, rain rain. NO. I hope it keeps tracking dead north! we NEED more in pembs. LOL

woody

Posted
Happy days here in North Wales, we've had nearly 10 hours of light snow, absolutely no thaw!

Took a trek up to the hills around me, there were drifts of snow with depths of well around 4-5ft.

I will be going back up there tomorrow, I will take some photos :)

Hoping for a little from this front, doubt it will reach this far north however, good luck tonight people!

Yeah, We had another couple of cm's last night and started snowing again mid morning and is still going giving another couples of cm's. Very light now though. As you say there are some massive drifts around. What hills did you go up? I was up several of the Clwydians yesterday cutting fallen trees and branches.

Posted
With any luck then we should here the first reports coming in from stroud soon?

Smarty have a few coffees....I wont stay up all night tonight...I think :) ....

just be nice to go and have a Blizzard walk again at midnight...

just checked outside ...its windy slightly....bit concerned with temp....SK are you on here mate ..if so whats your temp

Edited by dogs32

Posted
What the hell is wrong with the BBC. A flash warning has been issued here. It's belting down with snow, yet on News24 it shows up bone dry. Look at the festering radar you muppets!!!!

Heavy heavy snow here now - wow!

That is a recorded forecast I bet, like my favourite botched forecast on a thundery Sunday in 2003.

The BBC Points West update at 22.30 will have been recorded at around 19.00 and will be wrong too.

Posted
we had a party on here in the early :) hrs.now another one

I MUST CALM DOWN.........in all of my yrs 42.of them...I cant remember snow after snow after snow in 5 days

You wern't around in 1963. I was at school in the North Cotswolds and even I got fed up with the amount of snow - after three months! It was still under the hedges in May. I remember walking down the main road on the tops of cars and scraping down to see if anyonewas inside. Honest. Drifts up to telegraph wires and up to the bedroom window. God, this makes me feel old!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

I reallllly hope this doesnt start as rain here.

Id rather not having anything.

Posted
Smarty have a few coffees....I wont stay up all night tonight...I think :) ....

just be nice to go and have a Blizzard walk again at midnight...

just checked outside ...its windy slightly....bit concerned with temp....SK are you on here mate ..if so whats your temp

1.2c here mate with dew of 0c

By the way.....as usual the precip is struggling to make it over the cotswolds, i fear our chances may be diminishing

SK

Posted
Well Kaz it shows rain here and we have snow so I'd totally ignore the precip type tonight as it's struggling.

The heaviest by far seems to be heading across Somerset and Devon moving Northwards, unless the radar movement deceives my eyes.

Is that frontal activity going to be dragged Eastwards overnight to bring the heaviest across East Somerset into Wiltshire/Bristol/Bath/South Gloucs area?

wow thanks Andy for your reply i was beginning to think i was invisible as i have posted so many times without reply so thank you for taking the time.. Temps have actually risen here to 4c .. I feel as if im in a totaly different country not county .. cant believe the difference a few miles makes.. The councils should borrow some of are grit/salt we dont need it anymore :rolleyes: that pricept over me is not right what is showing on radar just is not coming out of the sky, i dont mean no snow i mean its dry.. yet right over me is yellow and green.

lol kaz x

lol kaz xx

Posted

Is it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Snowing heavy again here, don't you just love it. Heavy snow on snow, doesn't get any better :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

light snow grains in south wales

Posted
Its about 1" -2" and still going....if it keeps up then we are gonna be cut off..LOL...about the same we woke up to on Tuesday morning and we have had that in an hour and a half.!

So I suppose it depends on if the temps stay low and it does'nt melt..

How is it in Yeovil?

its been a mixture of sleet ,snow & rain weve have a covering on the grass but as i type nothing from the sky

can someone post the latest radar :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I notice some of you are saying more to come in a few days? why?

woody

Posted
You wern't around in 1963. I was at school in the North Cotswolds and even I got fed up with the amount of snow - after three months! It was still under the hedges in May. I remember walking down the main road on the tops of cars and scraping down to see if anyonewas inside. Honest. Drifts up to telegraph wires and up to the bedroom window. God, this makes me feel old!

:rolleyes: 1966....Im not there yet mate....i dont think i would like that much snow

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Snowing harder here now, i think the windscreen of my car has a covering