1022.0 mb rising 0.3 mb/hr

Wind 4.4 mph gusting 7.7 mph max NW

DP 4.1 DgC

Humidity 80%

No rain last 24 hours

Cloud base 1329 ft

Grey and mild

Posted

Light rain, overcast, 8.3 °C. Feels like: 7.4 °C.

Humidity: 92 % . Dewpoint: 7.1 °C.

Wind: WNW at 7.0 mph. Today's rain: 1.3 mm.

Rain Rate: 0.0 mm/hr. Solar Rad: 58 W/m².

Barometer: 1017.7 mb and Rising Slowly.

Edited by jmackenz

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 7.7c

Outdoor humidity 80%

Pressure 1022mb

Wind direction West

Wind speed 20mph

Gust 28mph

Cloud Height 1346ft

Wet Bulb 6.4c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 32.1mm

Dew Point 4.6c

Wind Chill -2c

Weather Cloudy showers through the night now dry mist dull

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

A dry, overcast and very mild start to the day. At observation, cloudy, though with a few small breaks appearing allowing some brightness, still quite breezy.

Reading’s at 09:00 GMT

Sky Conditions, 7 Oktas, Stratocumulus.

Temperature 7.9°C

Barometer 1023mb falling.

Wind Force 4 NW.

24-hour extremes

Maximum temperature 9.7°C

Minimum temperature 6.8°C

Minimum temperature on grass 4.3°C

Rainfall total = 0.0 mm.

Yesterday, 22 February 2009

It has been a mild, dry and rather windy night with westerly gusts of 29mph. At observation, mild dry and cloudy with a brisk WNW wind. A cloudy and breezy day followed, with only brief glimpse of the sun, feeling chilly at times in the fresh NW wind, maximum gust 30mph, maximum temperature 9.7c.

Paul

Edited by Polar Continental

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Dry, mild and mostly sunny so another nice spring day here. Min of 6.8c now 9.1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Nice day here in Plymouth- looking forward to going for a walk and being on leave!

Posted

Dry and overcast, but feeling very mild.

Wind Speed 3.6 mph

Wind Gust 6.3 mph

Wind Direction 298.0 °

Temperature 10.9 °C

Wind Chill 10.7 °C

Dew Point 7.0 °C

Humidity 75.0 %

Pressure 1022.0 mBars

Rainfall .6 mm

Posted

Cloudy again here, we really have had any of the sunshine that the South and the Midlands have experienced over the past few days! It's quite mild with very little wind but not much happening at all. Incredibly, the month has been very dry indeed in these parts. According to Philip Eden's site, so far in the month the North West of England has only had 32% of its average rainfall. What makes this more remarkable is the fact that Midlands has had above average rainfall and the South East has experienced 184% of its average figure! Probably due to the fact that the South East had far more precipitation in the form of snow than we did near the start of the month. Only 32% here and it seems unlikely we will get much rain before the end of the month, quite amazing!

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 8.8c

Outdoor humidity 79%

Pressure 1024mb

Wind direction West

Wind speed 16mph

Gust 24mph

Cloud Height 1432ft

Wet Bulb 7.2c

Rain in last 24hours 1mm

Total rainfall This Month 33.1mm

Dew Point 5.4c

Wind Chill 4c

Weather Partly cloudy sunny spells dry bright

Posted

Dull, grey, cloudy and very boring

Wind Speed 4.9 mph

Wind Gust 6.9 mph

Wind Direction 332.0 °

Temperature 11.7 °C

Wind Chill 10.9 °C

Dew Point 8.0 °C

Humidity 79.0 %

Pressure 1022.0 mBars

Rainfall .6 mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Mixture of sunshine & cloud. Warmest day of the year so far at 11.8c.

I know it's a bit boring, especially on the cloudier days, but I for one am enjoying the quiet weather. The air is gentle for the first time in months, the house is always warm enough in the mornings and I'm in no danger of falling to my death on ice all the time! A week or so of quiet is a nice change from relentless cold winds which, at least round here, bring much more cloud and gloom than this current weather does.

Posted

This current weather reminds me what it was like just after Boxing Day, except 8-10 degrees milder.

Its just dull and overcast with very little change in temperature from day to night. Incredibly boring and just as the boxing day spell helped to lower the CET and nothing more, this spell is doing exactly the same, but upwards. In all honesty Id rather have the Atlantic than this, at least then it would be interesting, if still mild.

The max temp here was 10.9C after a min of 6.2C, there were a few brighter spells this morning, but no real sunshine.

Posted

This winter has almost totally resembled the 1952-53 winter in many ways. A cold first half to December with a milder second half - a cold first ten days of January, with not much in the way of snow, then a near average rest of the month, then a cold snowy first half of February then a very mild second half. That is just how the winter of 1952-53 was. Looking at past records, the winters of 1952-53 and 2008-09 are almost exactly identical.

Posted
This current weather reminds me what it was like just after Boxing Day, except 8-10 degrees milder.

Its just dull and overcast with very little change in temperature from day to night. Incredibly boring and just as the boxing day spell helped to lower the CET and nothing more, this spell is doing exactly the same, but upwards. In all honesty Id rather have the Atlantic than this, at least then it would be interesting, if still mild.

The max temp here was 10.9C after a min of 6.2C, there were a few brighter spells this morning, but no real sunshine.

I'm getting more day night variation in temps than that post boxing day spell. Then temps were around 1c by say and about -0.5c by night with no sunshine *at all*. Those conditions carried on for for over a week around the time many people were reporting extremely low minima. I remember wishing the Atlantic back in myself although I was the only one! That was by far the worst spell of the winter around here. All it did was make the outside a horrible place to be and required vast amounts of fuel to keep warm.

The current spell is at worst cloudy but bright and at best sunny. Temps varied by 5c today which is not a lot but better than 0.3c variations I sometimes got in that cold spell. Plus of course I only need limited heating and stepping out to the bin is no longer a race against time before freezing!

But after this weather changes, something from the Atlantic (perhaps north of west...) would be nice to see again. We do need some rain this winter and yes, some exciting weather again too!