Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How Dry Has Feb 09 Been?

damianslaw

Posted

An area on private land near to where i live was throwing up dust when the car drove over it today. This is usually observed only in the summer months and in long periods of dry weather. It certainly has dried up hugely since the snow meltwater dissapeared.

Posted
have not got any data figures to call on, but here in SE London it has been very dry so far this month, other then the snow event we have hardly had any PPN. this follows on from a dry January

Be careful making baseless statements like that. I recorded 66mm (170% of the LTA) a few miles north of you; a figure I'm sure the MO would classify as being indicative of a 'very wet' month.

Edited by Timmead

Posted

In the end I think the monthly total in many areas will depend mainly on the amount of rain received around Feb 9, when many southern and central areas has a serious drenching. Philip Eden's site shows this up well, with almost as much precipitation on his England & Wales histogram on Feb 9 as for the rest of the month put togeher:

http://www.climate-uk.com/graphs/0902.htm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Absolutely anything extreme or unusual
Off the top of my head I've recorded in excess of 3 inches (75mm +) this month mainly due to 3 large snowfall totals and a very wet day on 9 Feb. The accurate total will be posted on the forum on Sunday.

That's awesome, is that where you have sited your raingauge? :):)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Stil very dry here, local dirt paths are bone dry though fields are still a little damp, looks completely dry untilnext week also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very dry here, and very dry march so far too, very nice weather indeed with winter being mostly cold with some snowy outbreak, spring has started off fine, its feeling warm in that sunshine