Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Reports Chase Day 1

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi Guys

After landing at DFW And all the People Finally Meeting Up it was a quick jolt to the Hotel to throw the bags into the Room and Set Up Limited Data. We headed North West on Highway 287 to arrive at Witchita Falls around 8pm, a Nice Supercell was West North West of Witchita Falls heading North East so I took I44 North to just South of Lawton to Set Up in the Dry for some Lightning Opportunities and to just watch the Storm just skim by to our West. Stayed here until 11pm before bailing out and heading back to DFW To meet up with Danny.

Pat got some nice Cg Pictures which he will post in this thread in a While!

A nice start to the Netweather Chase and the Early Morning Wake up call was nice as well!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Keep them coming

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

WOW

nice pics guys , well done, keep them coming

Hope you enjoy youreselves and remember stay safe

nigel

Posted

Hi Cookie..

Expecting some action today in this area...Its currently 5.45am...was expecting to wake up to storms but no such luck....They predicted some would move up but only gave a 20% chance....

I think theres a good chance later today some more great shots somewhere in the Texas PanHandle

that was a fantastic lightning display.to be honest i wasnt sure i caught any bolts at all.

but was surprised to get these lovely captures................You AINT SEEN NOTHING YET :doh::):)

Forecast was good for some Super Cells 6hrs ago...hopefully nothing as changed for today

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Oh wow, some great lightning photographs you got there. Amazing how quick this years chase has come round, doesn't seem 2 minutes since last years was underway.