Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How Would Netweather Cope ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
I originally joined NW on 25th June 2003. (Member no 159) But took a sabbatical for about two years-ish! So that's why I'm now member 8,000 and something. :rolleyes: It was then a small but thriving forum. And 6 years later... The rest is history basically. :rolleyes:

Ahhh the ye olde days :)

When i joined, I thought . wow theres other people who love the thunder and cool weather.

Then shortly after more and more and more people joined.

I cant believe how popular this site is now and the features that they offer. This must be clearly the #1 weather site in the world.

Its also good to know that NW are working hard on making things better and more stable even when its busy.

Well done guys.

Posted

I have the feeling that this summer may produce a test case, the chance of major severe weather seems higher than usual as there is plenty of warm, humid air in evidence, but heights and thicknesses are not exceptionally high. As you say, the usual 10-20 pages on a garden variety thundershower would probably foretell a 200-page mega-complex of threads on something really intense.

If it's in the southeast, you may crash the UK electricity grid before the storm does.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Im from the SE and we'd probably post comments if we saw a single flash of lightening, so YES things would be crazy if suddenly hurricanes started happening...and people would post like there was no tomorrow. :rolleyes: But i'd be very surprised if there was any severe activity for our region of greater london. If there ever was i'd probably be out in it on my lil' bicycle.