Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Thursday / Friday Storm Discussion

Posted
Same here, satellite signal keeps going. I'm still suprised considering how bad the lightning is that the rumbles really aren't that bad!

Agree couple of good shots only

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
Still waiting. Predictably, nothing. What boring boring weather. Kent gets it all, AGAIN. Nothing changed then.

I just find it unbelievably frustrating that 3/4 times the storms go towards Kent and the 1/4 time they don't and are heading in a straight northerly direction bang on for bucks.....they dissipate (like a few weeks ago when the storm I witnessed was around 100 strikes per minute in the channel, then 30 per minute when it hit the south coast, and when it hit Bucks, 2 flashes....in the WHOLE storm).

People who aren't from Sussex/Kent/Essex/Suffolk there's not a lot of point hoping for storms cos it won't happen. It hasn't happened in 5 bloomin years for gods sake. And I thought global warming was meant to warm up the atmosphere, therefore more thunderstorm production, well that ain't damn true!

So 4 storms for me this year means it's hopeless and we wont get any? I don't think Herts is in those counites you mentioned? :doh:

Well just rain here, no thunder unlike it's being reported in other parts of Herts.

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind
C'mon those who are getting all the fireworks, please share a vid or some pics :doh:

Videos uploading to youtube in HD...... will be on my channel shortly. (First in standard quality then in HD when finishes processing).

http://www.youtube.com/user/ejnmedia

Looked out front window to south west and can see dark cloud are with flashes coming from it, so hopefully some more action :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
C'mon those who are getting all the fireworks, please share a vid or some pics :doh:

Indeed, no good so far!

Posted

MMMMMMMM Burger King, just eating a kebab actually!

Anyway, way off topic! lol

Still spitting here, nothing out the usual, although i now have a major pressure headache!

Posted

Great to hear all these thunderstorm reports, am i right in assuming the storms will join onto the main front which will help to intensify the weather front and also with the low getting deeper and pulling in warmer air will this also help to itensify the main weather front?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Some great lightning already here in SWF and it's only really just started in the past 10 minutes. Chucking it down too.

Posted
Still waiting. Predictably, nothing. What boring boring weather. Kent gets it all, AGAIN. Nothing changed then.

I just find it unbelievably frustrating that 3/4 times the storms go towards Kent and the 1/4 time they don't and are heading in a straight northerly direction bang on for bucks.....they dissipate (like a few weeks ago when the storm I witnessed was around 100 strikes per minute in the channel, then 30 per minute when it hit the south coast, and when it hit Bucks, 2 flashes....in the WHOLE storm).

People who aren't from Sussex/Kent/Essex/Suffolk there's not a lot of point hoping for storms cos it won't happen. It hasn't happened in 5 bloomin years for gods sake. And I thought global warming was meant to warm up the atmosphere, therefore more thunderstorm production, well that ain't damn true!

Stop been a moany country bumpkin and moved to London, then you will see all the action!

Posted
Woo hoo.

Nice little storm.

:doh:

Yeah its not bad, producing frequant enough lightning to keep the attention I have to admit, seems like this one is somewhat easing down over my location but we shall have to wait and see. The next batch looks just as good though!

The rain has reached the north-east, next 24hrs looks like possibly giving 70-100mm up here, so needs to be watched very closely indeed!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
I bet im just sitting on the edge of this thing and get nothing again, apart from rain:(

Me too poppet!

Posted

got really heavy rain again, thudding off the windows and doors

Posted
Videos uploading to youtube in HD...... will be on my channel shortly. (First in standard quality then in HD when finishes processing).

http://www.youtube.com/user/ejnmedia

Looked out front window to south west and can see dark cloud are with flashes coming from it, so hopefully some more action :)

At last....some action :) Enjoy :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow
So 4 storms for me this year means it's hopeless and we wont get any? I don't think Herts is in those counites you mentioned? :doh:

Well just rain here, no thunder unlike it's being reported in other parts of Herts.

Don't push your luck lol, not in the mood for people rubbing it in with storms. Hertfordshire always seems to get more than Bucks as it's generally the places more to the east of us that will get a few flashes if it's french imports.

I've heard 2 or 3 very faint rumbles tonight, around 1 hour or so ago but it's just been moderate rain and there's a few puddles.

I'm actually getting insanely angry with how angering and depressing it is watching the storms, ONCE AGAIN give Kent all the action.

Funny thing is, whenever there's home grown storms, south Bucks gets damn all of them as well.

I have not seen a storm in about 5 years where the lightning has been frequent, that's how long it is. It's ridiculous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Lots of lightening action to the South and West of me, hardly any thunder, great show

Posted

Expect some very intense thunderstorms overnight through Kent and East Anglia. May include east Sussex, Surrey, London and areas London to Peterborough. Possible 2-3 inch rainfalls in a three hour period, hail and wind gusts to 60 mph. This is not going to be an MCS so much as a developing squall line cold front situation. The upper flow is concentrated 50-100 miles east of the surface low and a dry slot hangback pattern is developing, similar to a plains states March or April storm, air mass temps and dew points about the same too, hence, the Channel will be factored out to a large extent. Cells will be explosive and the heat earlier today in the Paris region will be a positive factor for UK developments.

By tomorrow, concentrated heavy rainfalls in the east Midlands and potential for a June 07 type localized 4-5 inch flooding event. Hope this is not too far from the other opinions on offer, I have had quite a busy day and continue to have, so cross-checking time very limited.

Posted

http://441creative.com/weather/stormvue/

this is my local storm checker that is showing loads of thunder storms over kent

http://80.177.209.52/nailsworthlightning.html

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm

isle of white going nuts

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Had some heavy rain and thunder a short time ago. Rain then eased off but now sounds like it's intensifying again. Feels rather close this evening as you'd expect with the current conditions!

Posted
We've had flashes, the odd rumble, its raining but seemingly missed the bigger storms that some people have experienced.

He lives just off the Purley Way and was saying the lightning was south towards Coulsdon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow
Stop been a moany country bumpkin and moved to London, then you will see all the action!

Chloe that just annoys me even more I was born in London and lived in Acton until my stupid parents decided to move to the country.

Believe me when I get enough money I'll try to move back to Ealing, it was so much better than Buckinghamshire.

Posted
Expect some very intense thunderstorms overnight through Kent and East Anglia. May include east Sussex, Surrey, London and areas London to Peterborough. Possible 2-3 inch rainfalls in a three hour period, hail and wind gusts to 60 mph. This is not going to be an MCS so much as a developing squall line cold front situation. The upper flow is concentrated 50-100 miles east of the surface low and a dry slot hangback pattern is developing, similar to a plains states March or April storm, air mass temps and dew points about the same too, hence, the Channel will be factored out to a large extent. Cells will be explosive and the heat earlier today in the Paris region will be a positive factor for UK developments.

By tomorrow, concentrated heavy rainfalls in the east Midlands and potential for a June 07 type localized 4-5 inch flooding event. Hope this is not too far from the other opinions on offer, I have had quite a busy day and continue to have, so cross-checking time very limited.

so there's more to come? :doh: