Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

6Yrs Ago Today 100F

stewfox

Posted

Reached 90f here that day and harvest finished on 11th August(the earliest ever up here) that year so must have been baling straw on the 10th with the straw so dry and shiny the bale would not turn in the round baler and the netwrap could not be applied, I lost count of the number of bales that were ejected and had to be baled again(not a normal problem up here as there is always a certain amount of damp to make the straw sticky) The biggest bonus was no drying costs for the grain but we had to turn and cool the grain as it was too hot to store!!!!!!

Posted

I was up in Tyne & Wear (had just returned from a sauna-esque holiday in France) and witnessed a powerful thunderstorm.

I think i was up at Berwick at the time on holiday but i remember my dad saying i missed an 'intense' storm back home. I was gutted at the time and if you describe it as a 'powerful' storm then its one i wish i witnessed.

Amazing that it was only 6 years ago yesterday the temperture record was broken but yet you get some members critisizing the british summers and saying this will become the norm because the last 3 in a row have been pretty wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yep, the memorable thing that day was a huge thunderstorm, cant say ive seen anything so "electrifying" since over our area the storms were right over head, and ive got all that action on video! :rolleyes:

Posted

Remember it only too well.

Having spent the previous day in ridiculously & dangerously hot Paris (I understand now why the capital is near deserted for the entire month of August), I spent it on a beach in Groix, an island of the Western coast of Brittany. Baking baking hot but not as hot as a lot of places in the UK were experiencing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I don't see what is so fantastic about that chart, or 100F heat for that matter! I am glad I was out of the country!

Posted

I remember that day well, we went down to the beach again that morning as it was clear hot and sunny yet again, but it clouded over in the afternoon and looked as though it was going to thunder but it didnt, though it was still hot and humid with a max of 29c. Funnily it didn't rain until the 29th August giving us a 4 week dry spell.

I dont think i've ever been in the sea as much as i did that week in the uk ever, but i had never experianced 90f heat in the uk before then so i was not really used to it, also it was very sticky and humid but there was never a cloud in the sky until the 10th.

Also there wasn't a single breath of a sea breeze at all during this period, which again i thought was odd.

I'd love to have a string of 30c days here again as long as im not at work, but i think it will be a while before we do as its quite rare that it gets above 25c here.

Edited by Devon-Nelly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

I was at home between my front room and my balcony, i was very unsettled. Looking back i should have just had a cold shower and gone to sleep, ain't much else you can do, its not like you can walk to the seaside and cool off in Croydon.

Edited by Higrade