IGNORED

Latest Paul Hudsons Blogg

The PIT

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

...and from it a link to this excellent blog by Richard Black, giving (to my mind) a very broad-based and open-minded take on everything from Piers Corbyn to the realities of being a dissenting voice:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/richardblack/2009/10/climates_magnetic_attraction.html

Afterwards, look at the second comment only, and follow its advice - read any further and you will only be depressed by the usual punch-and-judy show.

Posted

Ah we've got forecast from you know who.

The period from 17-19 November, he says, carries an 85% probability of a storm surge in the North Sea. This will probably lead to snow and blizzards in Scotland and northern England, perhaps a few days later. There are likely to be coastal flood warnings for East Anglia and Holland.

Just making a record too see how wrong it is. GFS doesn't back this idea at all at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The period from 17-19 November, he says, carries an 85% probability of a storm surge in the North Sea. This will probably lead to snow and blizzards in Scotland and northern England, perhaps a few days later. There are likely to be coastal flood warnings for East Anglia and Holland.

Just making a record too see how wrong it is. GFS doesn't back this idea at all at the moment.

I wish! :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

He got it wrong to an extent, but was right in forecasting flooding and a storm for the UK.

Posted

but he obviously got the wind direction wrong

the only way to get a storm surge there is for a low to track across the N Sea with a northerly behind it, so no he is not right.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

Plus it doesn't like they'll be any snow around for a while yet either.

In other words, John, it was load of cack! :lol:

You see that what happens when you don't factor in global warming. LOL.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

but he obviously got the wind direction wrong

the only way to get a storm surge there is for a low to track across the N Sea with a northerly behind it, so no he is not right.

Yep, he does seem to have a thing about forecasting north sea storm surges, it's either storm surges, heatwaves or blizzards with him!!

Anyway, that article has a link to 'several scientific papers' with the url ///! He could at least have sourced one!

I'm not a fan of Piers Corbyn or his methods yet I am still skeptical of AGW.

Posted

Yep, he does seem to have a thing about forecasting north sea storm surges, it's either storm surges, heatwaves or blizzards with him!!

Anyway, that article has a link to 'several scientific papers' with the url ///! He could at least have sourced one!

I'm not a fan of Piers Corbyn or his methods yet I am still skeptical of AGW.

I'm sceptical of everything LS... :help:

Posted

I'm sceptical of everything LS... unsure.gif

Firstly, well done, I was badly lacking in my word choice there (and also in the spelling of the word sceptic). I meant to say that I remain unconvinced by the arguments put forward in favour of AGW to an greater extent than being merely sceptical of it, as we must be of all things......Any better?laugh.gif

Posted

Firstly, well done, I was badly lacking in my word choice there (and also in the spelling of the word sceptic). I meant to say that I remain unconvinced by the arguments put forward in favour of AGW to an greater extent than being merely sceptical of it, as we must be of all things......Any better?laugh.gif

My apologies LS...I wasn't making any criticisms at all about your post...Indeed, I often use the American 'skeptic' myself. :lol:

I've a feeling it was my words that were the clumsier? I guess that that'll teach me not to 'attempt' cleverness in my one-liners, after too-much red wine. :lol:

Posted

My apologies LS...I wasn't making any criticisms at all about your post...Indeed, I often use the American 'skeptic' myself. biggrin.gif

I've a feeling it was my words that were the clumsier? I guess that that'll teach me not to 'attempt' cleverness in my one-liners, after too-much red wine. laugh.gif

I think we're both taking this forum a bit too seriously!!laugh.gif Not only that, have any of the comments on this topic actually been about 'Paul Hudsons Blogg' ?

Piers Corbyn is a charlatan and i'm sceptical of everything: lets just leave it at that!laugh.gif