Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meet Up Manchester Feb 2010

ian cameron

Posted

Allright mate. Hotels are only 1.5 km away from each other according to google earth. You can kip with me and Pat if its a late one back at the hotel (s)

yea np...welcome to crash :)

Posted

I live outside of Manchester so I can make this meet if the hotel is allowing Guests. I'll be able to catch the 11pm train back home anyway so getting back isnt a problem.

Posted

I live outside of Manchester so I can make this meet if the hotel is allowing Guests. I'll be able to catch the 11pm train back home anyway so getting back isnt a problem.

Thats great snow joke the more the merrier its always good to meet fellow forum members at the mo the plan will be all to meet at the hotel at around 2pm or there abouts and head off to a bar then grab a chinese or something then maybe onto a lively bar or something for the evening. If you know any descent bars to go to all seggestions welcome will be coming up to manchester on the 6th of feb to do a recce and visit a few bars to get an idea of what to do. I will get a map posted up soon of where the hotel is along with the full address.

Ian

Posted

Thats great snow joke the more the merrier its always good to meet fellow forum members at the mo the plan will be all to meet at the hotel at around 2pm or there abouts and head off to a bar then grab a chinese or something then maybe onto a lively bar or something for the evening. If you know any descent bars to go to all seggestions welcome will be coming up to manchester on the 6th of feb to do a recce and visit a few bars to get an idea of what to do. I will get a map posted up soon of where the hotel is along with the full address.

Ian

Canal street would probably suit you and Paul S

Posted

They are still £71.50. I have booked a room with two single beds. If anyone wants to share then let me know.

Icbind have arron aka smokes will bagsie the spare bed with you so bed filled

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Icbind have arron aka smokes will bagsie the spare bed with you so bed filled

Ian

Hi Ian

so who is staying at our motel on the night.

Tom

Posted

Hi Ian

so who is staying at our motel on the night.

Tom

right tom at the moment the people confirmed, staying at the hoilday inn manchester central park is as follows

room 1 Tom & Janet lynch

room 2 John Hanrahan & Dogs32

room 3 Ian Cameron & Paul Sherman

room 4 Tammy Emery & Fiona

room 5 Nick Finnis & Andy Paisley

room 6 icbind & Arron

And at the Jury's inn is stu_london

If I have missed anyone off the list let me know oh and its just under 4 weeks to the meetup

Posted

Pat if you still need a lift from Cheltenham and anyone else that still needs a lift from London, please pm me so i can get your details sorted for my sat nav

Posted

cheers Stu,will PM you this evening with a few detail's :yahoo:

I got booted(banned) off a Kansas Chat room the other night for saying how much I love Supercell's and Twister's....some Mod didnt like these comment's and now my IP is banned!! :lol:

Tom told made me do it :rofl:

Only Paul must have a idea why Ive been dabbling in a Kansas Forum chat room...

And its not to meet the Twister Sister's :ph34r:

lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

cheers Stu,will PM you this evening with a few detail's :diablo:

I got booted(banned) off a Kansas Chat room the other night for saying how much I love Supercell's and Twister's....some Mod didnt like these comment's and now my IP is banned!! :lol:

Tom told made me do it :rofl:

Only Paul must have a idea why Ive been dabbling in a Kansas Forum chat room...

And its not to meet the Twister Sister's :ph34r:

lol

Pat , I don't think Ridethemcowboys.com is a stormchasing chat room.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Hey Guys

I am now free this weekend , so would like to meet you guys before we all head across the pond

Does anyone know where I could stay that will be near your hotels etc?

Thanks

Dave

:whistling:

Posted

Hey Guys

I am now free this weekend , so would like to meet you guys before we all head across the pond

Does anyone know where I could stay that will be near your hotels etc?

Thanks

Dave

:acute:

Dave have sent you a PM on this hope it helps, glad you can make it after all it is always good to meet peole before going out on tour :good:

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Hotel is Booked

Lift pretty much sorted

Ready for a messy weekend?!?! :whistling:

Im staying at the city inn, nice and central. Got it for £65 + brekkie. Internet said £115 but phoned them up and they offered me that, was cheaper than the IBIS!

Cu all in a few days

Posted

Hi all

have just got back from my recce of Manchester and all went well the hotel is nice enough the rooms are good the bar is fairly quite with drinks costing just over 3 pounds each. the car park is free to residents and the taxi ride into town is around 7-9 pounds

I have a broad plan of action for next saturday and it is as follows

meet at the hotel around 1400hrs there is a bar in the hotel so will wait for people there

around 1700hrs head into town for a few drinks before dinner

have booked a table for 16 people in a chinese in chinatown for 1930hrs its a buffet menu £12.50 a head

when weve finished there we will head into the northern quarter for the remainder of the evening there is a good selection of bars with DJs and the like playing till 2 in the morning then taxis back to the hotel

the above is just a rough plan of action and is not set in stone apart from the meal time which we will have to stick to

any thoughts or comments welcome and I look forward to seeing you all next week

ps will get a map and full address posted up here no later than wednesday afternoon

Ian

Posted

I got a op due for tomorrow so it'll be hit/miss wether I'll be able to make it or not. However if I get the all-clear by Tues I should be able to have a leisurely evening out down in Manchester, is it still on for the 27th?

Posted

I got a op due for tomorrow so it'll be hit/miss wether I'll be able to make it or not. However if I get the all-clear by Tues I should be able to have a leisurely evening out down in Manchester, is it still on for the 27th?

Yep still the 27th should be a good day/night out so would be great if you can make it. hope the op is nothing major

Posted

Its nothing too serious, just a routine fix on something they spotted doing a scan. However it means not being able to lift my left arm above my head (you soon realise how often you do it), aswell as conveniently having it done almost a week before the NW meet-up lol.

I don't see why I wont be able to come, but just incase I cant I'll let you guys know further towards the time.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Better not snow this weekend!! Got a fair way to drive, well by UK standards - not chasing the plains standards.

Looking forward to meeting yas again, and meet some new faces.

Posted

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv00037w/hotel-reservations/89949_holiday-inn-manchester-central-park-manchester.aspx

Link above for directions to the Holiday Inn Central Park (Manchester) for this weekend.

Click the link and click the Map Directions link.

Ian will post the full address soon - Could people try to get to the Hotel from 2-4pm

See ya Saturday

Paul S

Posted

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv00037w/hotel-reservations/89949_holiday-inn-manchester-central-park-manchester.aspx

Link above for directions to the Holiday Inn Central Park (Manchester) for this weekend.

Click the link and click the Map Directions link.

Ian will post the full address soon - Could people try to get to the Hotel from 2-4pm

See ya Saturday

Paul S

My party should be arriving about 3.30pm to 4pm

Can you PM me a mobile number in case of delays