Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meet Up Manchester Feb 2010

ian cameron

Posted

Wow ... lots of interest!

If anyone from Kent/Sussex/Essex wants a lift - I might drive yous up there.

:mellow::drunk::yahoo::drunk: Me and Ian are volunteering LOL

Posted

Wow ... lots of interest!

If anyone from Kent/Sussex/Essex wants a lift - I might drive yous up there.

Like Paul said count us in for a seat :mellow: think this will be a blast from the start

hay stu maybe we could have a chinese food eating comp as a warm up act for the real thing :yahoo::drunk: oh and maybe a sambuca or 2 as well hehe

Posted

Count me in 100%..

I need to let my hair down and shout :wallbash:

Stu will PM you at some point to ask ..where you wont to meet me.

like Oxford or Brum...whats best for you...

PM you by Sunday....

If anyone wonts to share a room let me know this week as im going to book the room by Sunday night....

wont be on until then

cheers <_<

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Count me in 100%..

I need to let my hair down and shout :mellow:

Stu will PM you at some point to ask ..where you wont to meet me.

like Oxford or Brum...whats best for you...

PM you by Sunday....

If anyone wonts to share a room let me know this week as im going to book the room by Sunday night....

wont be on until then

cheers :good:

Pat

According to AA routeplanner it's only 20 miles more to come via Cheltenham - so I can pick you up there. PM me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

This seems a bit more doable for me than Essex so I'll see what I can do to come along :unknw: Won't be able to commit to anything for a little while yet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Dave

If you can get to Rickmansworth (on Metropolitan Line) you can jump in with me.

Yea not a problem to get over there to you, so I will take you up on your offer! See you in Feb.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Is there room for a small one!! :lol:

Just found the thread, count me in please - looking forward to seeing you all in Manchester!

Tammy

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've just tried to book a room for the Manchester meet up on 27th Feb but its saying rooms not currently available in the Jury's for what I want.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone else who's planning on going but haven't booked a room yet?

Posted

I've just tried to book a room for the Manchester meet up on 27th Feb but its saying rooms not currently available in the Jury's for what I want.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone else who's planning on going but haven't booked a room yet?

Andy

I will phone Ian up and find out about rooms for you etc

Cheers

Paul S

Posted

Andy

I will phone Ian up and find out about rooms for you etc

Cheers

Paul S

That'll be great if you can Paul.

Thanks

Andy

Posted

Andy Just to let you know Ian is sourcing other Hotels very near to the Jurys as like you said they are sold out - Must be a Storm Chase Convention on there or something like that PMSL

Paul S

Posted

That'll be great if you can Paul.

Thanks

Andy

Hiya Andy,

sorry for not getting on this sooner have been pre-occupied work and stuff but we are getting there I am going to have a gander at what hotels we can find and will post something up in the next few days.

People can you let me know how many of you have already booked at the jurys inn so I know how many rooms to look for many thanks

Ian

Posted

Hiya Andy,

sorry for not getting on this sooner have been pre-occupied work and stuff but we are getting there I am going to have a gander at what hotels we can find and will post something up in the next few days.

People can you let me know how many of you have already booked at the jurys inn so I know how many rooms to look for many thanks

Ian

Thanks Ian, i'll keep my eye on this thread for any details.

Posted

Hiya Andy,

Ian

Ian

I am already in the Jurys Inn

Posted

Ian

I am pretty keen to get to know you all before April comes around! I am yet to book a hotel, so any you find for a reasonable price would be fantastic.

Posted

Right I will have to hold my hands up and admit i have made a rather big blunder I did not make sure I booked us into the jurys inn when i first posted and unfortunatly as you all know their room rates are through the roof for the jurys inn on the 27th feb - It is £148 per night so thats not working. The Holiday Inn have however managed to book us into the holiday inn manchester central park so I have booked 5 rooms there at £71.50p per room. The list of people I have booked as follows

room 1 Ian cameron & Paul sherman

room 2 John Hanrahan & Pat Carter

room 3 Tom Lynch & Jenet lynch

room 4 Tammy Emery

room 5 Andy Paisley & nick Finnis

icbinb only saw your post after already booked the rooms however after checking thay are still doing the rooms at £71.50p. Dave vicary not sure if you have booked or not so if you have not maybe you 2 could share a room to keep the costs down. Arron are you still coming?

I hope I have not missed out anyone else how is coming if I have let me know so I have a rough idea about Nos and that once again sorry for the cock up hopefuly things will run smooth from now on.

ps will update here nearer the time with more info

Posted

icbinb only saw your post after already booked the rooms however after checking thay are still doing the rooms at £71.50p. Dave vicary not sure if you have booked or not so if you have not maybe you 2 could share a room to keep the costs down.

They are still £71.50. I have booked a room with two single beds. If anyone wants to share then let me know.

Posted

Ian

I am already in the Jurys Inn

Hey Stu, to the best knowledge (though i havn't checked today) you can cancel any booking with Jurys Inn something like 4 or 8 hours before your check in time. I use them alot when traveling with work.

Posted

I'm going to be coming back off of my holiday on the 25th so will have to play it by ear in terms of whether I can make it or not (ie how much work is waiting for me and how bad the jet lag is!), but hopefully I'll be there...

In terms of rooms, have you tried laterooms - seems to be a decent selection of hotels at pretty decent rates available that weekend:

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv18151a/Hotels.aspx?k=manchester&d=20100227&n=1&rt=2-0#bcoqnc

Posted

I'm going to be coming back off of my holiday on the 25th so will have to play it by ear in terms of whether I can make it or not (ie how much work is waiting for me and how bad the jet lag is!), but hopefully I'll be there...

In terms of rooms, have you tried laterooms - seems to be a decent selection of hotels at pretty decent rates available that weekend:

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv18151a/Hotels.aspx?k=manchester&d=20100227&n=1&rt=2-0#bcoqnc

well Paul it will be good to see you there if you can make it. laterooms.com is the website I used to book the rooms last week and they do seem to have the best selection of places to stay

Ian

Posted

just a quick note the holiday inn manchester central park hotel is now full!

can anyone who has not already booked a room let me know asap so i can try and sort something out for them

many thanks

Ian

Posted

Hey Stu, to the best knowledge (though i havn't checked today) you can cancel any booking with Jurys Inn something like 4 or 8 hours before your check in time. I use them alot when traveling with work.

unfortunately i booked at a non refundable rate.

Posted

unfortunately i booked at a non refundable rate.

Allright mate. Hotels are only 1.5 km away from each other according to google earth. You can kip with me and Pat if its a late one back at the hotel (s)