Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports November 2009

Coast

Posted

Very heavy, gusty downpour and thunderstorm last night at around 1am here in Brighton. Lots of lightning flashes spotted around Brighton since around 4pm this afternoon - link here to the local paper - local paper - the argus

Edited by xxsnowflakexx

Posted

Yet another storm and heavy rain has just appeared from off the coast.

Yep! Followed that one in from Lewes and although very sporadic, it was quite dramatic against the dark sky around Wilmington. Couldn't stop to get any video but holding out for more action here later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very loud hail thunderstorms here

Posted

Had some Thunder and Lightning early hours of Friday morning and again in the past few minutes (2:25am) theres been a loud crack of thunder. Haven't seen any lightning but my freind told me 3 hours ago he could see flashes in the distance despite there being no cloud!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Saw distant lightning and heard faint rumbling to the west about 1-2am, fell asleep before it reached Cardiff so I'm not sure if there was anything decent thunder here.

Posted

Very loud thunderstorm here in Swansea early this morning, with a massive hail storm in the Mumbles area. Roads and all surfaces covered in large amounts of hail, nearly crashed the car doing just 10mph on Mumbles Road. Still hadn't cleared by 6am, did see a gritter with a snow plough on the front! Even now at 6:45pm, there are still pockets of hail that have survived the day.

It's been a strange few days weatherwise. On Thursday at about 1pm on the M4 motorway near Bridgend, we suddenly had a massive hailstorm with marble sized hail. Just as it started (just about to start slowing down from 70mph) a car lost control on the hail (going more than 70mph) and crashed into a bus, right in front of my eyes. Just about avoided the bus, and behind me a lorry had to brake very quickly and lost control, veering off into the hard shoulder. Everybody in front just stopped due to the impossible driving conditions and we had to wait 20 minutes for the hail to start melting. It was so bad that the large matrix signs scattered around by the hard shoulder displayed "SEVERE WEATHER - STOP IN LANE IMMEDIATELY"

Edited by matt2324

Posted

90 second hailstorm in Eastbourne at 7.10 am, pea sized and quite aggressive/squally - ground was white for 5 mins before it melted

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Have flashes and thunder rumbling to the west.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Have flashes and thunder rumbling to the west.

Is it worth going out and looking at?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Is it worth going out and looking at?

Nah! Just been outside AGAIN (pretty much 20th time today) and nout. How unlucky was I to have missed what Nick F saw - must have been both visible and some what audible from here - but nooooo, I missed it.

Can see the Cb which I assume was responsible - going past now - nice whispy anvil too, though didnt see and of the good stuff.

Might fire off again - but you could be awaiting quite a while

Edited by Harry

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Out in The Channel, somewhere off Worthing LIGHTNING!!!!!!!

6 flashes of what looked like IC out to sea between 6.15 & 6.45 as it rattled along, what a ruddy funny thing The English Channel is and totally unexpected today!!