Cold?
IGNORED

United Nations Climate Change Copenhagen

stewfox

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Which brings us back to the question of why it is only card carrying sceptics are allowed to be successful businessmen*?

*I don't accept the allegation made of Dr P.

LOL that has always been the discredit. Backed by oil companies etc have no qualifications etc etc. You can't have it both ways.

Posted

LOL that has always been the discredit. Backed by oil companies etc have no qualifications etc etc. You can't have it both ways.

You could try answering the question...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

You could try answering the question...

I'm sorry Dev but I have to leave you.

Until there is a series of events that are stark and convincing enough to have the sternest cynic recognise them (beyond all doubt) that this is of our industrialised worlds making it's just ping pong.

I ,for one ,can see nothing but confirmation that 'we done it' but I must accept both that others don't and other's won't until there is no wiggle room left.

Oil money can afford the best (bar stewards) and they have proved worth their dollar in muddying, what to me, are clear waters.

It's gone to far, our 'proof' is not far off but ,sadly, the delay has cost us any hope of mitigation.

Ho Hummega_shok.gif

Posted

If there's no wiggle room left, we may as well enjoy the winter weather we're experiencing this er, winter.

Edited by jethro
Let's have a little bit of festive cheer, eh?

Posted

I ,for one ,can see nothing but confirmation that 'we done it' ...

Yup, and that's called confirmation bias :whistling:

The starkest evidence of our ability to affect climate, I think, came from the temperature measurements after 9/11 when all the aircraft industry was grounded for a while where the range between minimum and maximum increased by >1C

As I've repeatedly argued (perhaps not clear enough) it is no longer if, now, but how much, and as for your comments over on the solar-thread, may I respectfully ask that you pay a visit to the LI thread, where the consequences are discussed. In short - the LI hypothesis suggest more warming for 25 years, which leads to the consequence that if CO2 does add up, even to some small amount, and the LI is accurate, then we still need to mititage CO2 production to mitigate climate change as much as possible

I must profer my apoolgies for some of my posts over the last few days; just sick and tired of being lumped in with some very extreme points of view which, I think, I have demonstrably shown, that I do not share.

I wish you all a very merry christmas :drinks:

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Posted

Yup, and that's called confirmation bias :cold:

The starkest evidence of our ability to affect climate, I think, came from the temperature measurements after 9/11 when all the aircraft industry was grounded for a while where the range between minimum and maximum increased by >1C

As I've repeatedly argued (perhaps not clear enough) it is no longer if, now, but how much, and as for your comments over on the solar-thread, may I respectfully ask that you pay a visit to the LI thread, where the consequences are discussed. In short - the LI hypothesis suggest more warming for 25 years, which leads to the consequence that if CO2 does add up, even to some small amount, and the LI is accurate, then we still need to mititage CO2 production to mitigate climate change as much as possible

I must profer my apoolgies for some of my posts over the last few days; just sick and tired of being lumped in with some very extreme points of view which, I think, I have demonstrably shown, that I do not share.

You have, I think I have as well. Next year maybe we'll clarify better what extreme point(s?) of view are because people have differing views of what they are.

I wish you all a very merry christmas :)

I do as well :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Thanks for the diagnosis V.P.!

I wish I wasn't afflicted by it but, I suppose, I've seen things this way since the 80's (when it was truely an 'extreme' viewpoint) and though some may still find my 'take' on things 'extreme' these days a slice of climatologists also see the potential for such extreme levels of change.

If I wait another 20 years then all doubt will be gone and folk will be debating just how 'extreme' things will get and I'll be content being 'mainstream' (LOL)!

Happy Christmas, and a Hot New Year!!

Posted

I rather wish I'd read that after Christmas...

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year everybody. I must admit I am sick of icy pavements and roads now - too dangerous!

But, why on Earth didn't they cancel the Copenhagen farce and use the money to buy snow ploughs to keep all of Europe's roads clear like they do in Germany, Poland, Austria etc, etc??

I think it is more likely to be an Ice Age that we are heading for now like my Georgraphy teach told me many years ago!

Keep warm friends :unsure: Regards Snowdragon