Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 11th March 2004

WeatherGod

It is no exageration to say that Exmoor has just seen the heaviest blizzards seen for many years - still can't quite believe it. It has snowed so heavily that you can't even see your hand in front of your face. There is about 5 inches general coverage (no exageration) and get this.... 0.75m high drifts. Because it is so windy in places walls of snow half my height (chest level) have formed. Is there any where to post my photos for those of you who won't believe this?!

Posted

I can believe it mate! :lol: further North than you here in S.Wales we have had persistant blizzards, and now have very heavy accumulations! :D

Posted

Still a few flakes falling here. The snow dropped it load all over Wales, greedy so and so's :roll: If only if never dropped it ALL over Wales, i could of had a few centimetres, but only a few flakes whirlingin the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

been snowing for about 5 hrs now, VERY HEAVY.

And finnaly starting to settle on teh grass.

:D

bout 1cm at the mo.

Fingers crossed.

Posted

Snow not settling here

Looks like from the available data that colder air is digging in behind the front - Much of the south/south east/midlands are in a borderline situation at present

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

just off to bed..been snowing here for the last few hours on and off.isnt laying as we had a good half hour of sleet/rain before hand

Posted

Yet another firce and particularly strong blizzard taking hold... :roll:

Even the main road has an inch! It's a major A road as well :shock:

Posted

Still snowing here, beginning to get heavier and is beginning to settle a little on cars etc. Temp is dropping still so am hopeful it may begin to settle soon...

Posted

Wow, very, very heavy snow here. Road has dissapeared! Its a main road aswell!!! :shock: Just measured 17cms out back, with 10cms level.

I think parts of Wales are seeing the best of this snow. I don't think the snow is settling very well in most places apart from Wales, which to be far was forcasted to be the worst hit.

I'm off to bed now. I don't think any prolonged snow is now due for my area and i'm piffed off with poxy 10 minute snow showers which do no damage. Very frustrating as I can see the kittle snow cover we have melting before my eyes.

The last couple of showers snow has been very wet and isn't settling

:(:(:(:(:(

Posted

seems to have turned mainly to rain here

You're a very lucky lad duncan - I guess this must be the best winter you've had given the fledgling nature of your being (that means you are quite young)

Posted

Heavy snow in Oxford 0 degrees at 10pm. 0 degrees in Peterborough but cloudly. I'm roughly half way in between with a temp of 0.5 degrees so i'm optimistic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

Reminder:

If you have traffic problems in your area due to SNOW, don't forget to put it in current conditions under Local Traffic Problems.

It will help people to get from A to B.

:( Thankyou :(

Posted
Reminder:

If you have traffic problems in your area due to SNOW, don't forget to put it in current conditions under Local Traffic Problems.

It will help people to get from A to B.

:) Thankyou  :)

its on its way :(:( :(: :(:(

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

:(:(:(:(:(

Very HEAVY snow in S/East Wales, Rhymney Valley, 800ft ASL. Been snowing very heavy last 1 1/2 hours, snowing heavy for last 3 hours. We currently have betweeon 5 or 6 inches off the stuff, roads very bad and hills blocked with stranded cars. I just spent 12 hours on a 20 min journey about 9 pm, very hair raising. Just seems to be getting colder and extremely blizzard like conditions. Hope it continues and does not turn to rain in middle of night.

This is phenomenally brilliant !!

JK

Posted

Welcome CRACKPOT to NW

Snow heavier in Central London now and has started to blow about which leads me to believe it's more snow than the sleet that came down in a straight line earlier.

Seems yet again parts of Wales have hit the JACKPOT eh CRACKPOT?