Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 12th March 2004

Paul

Posted

Please post your reports here, normal rules apply :(

To start things off, the snow has started again here after a half hour break, some settling...

Posted

thers a coupke of inches here now, snow still falling measured a 5 inch drift in back yard :( . The current radar looks like a lot of the showers are fragmenting over the higher ground of Wales :?

Posted

Yes my eyes are starting to droop :cry:

Still snowing here,small flakes,been going since midnight.Slight covering on the cars,flakes are trying to get bigger!

According to the AV Radar it seems to be fragmenting a lot,this is worrying :?

Posted

Flakes still small here, blowing around alot. Ground isn't even the slightest bit wet. Temp 0.2 degrees C. Hoping this is the start...

Posted

Probably my last report of the night - There has been high wind and low temperatures with blowing snow. But the amount of snow has beenfairly small for where I live - whether there will be much in the way of any more precipitation is difficult to gauge. :wink:

Posted

Probably my last report tonight.Snow has stopped,checked radar-not to promising at all. I am not sitting up half the night in hope of a blizzard!

Dont think much is gonna happen here :( :roll:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

SOOOOOO annoying

Its been snowing all night since 6pm that over 7 hrs of very heavy snow.

BUT none has settled. If it would of settled we would have like a food of snow.

Im soo peeeeved off :(

But what can you expect for the middle of march lol

Posted

For what it's worth it's snowing a bit heavier now here. The flakes are about 5p sized, not settling much as it's too windy. What is settling is against fences and the like. Temp is 0.2 degrees. We've got the temperature, the setup, just need heavier ppn at the moment.

Posted

Still snowing here, the echoes on the radar to the southwest look quiet bright, hope that will bring some heavy snow later another try cos the original link that i posted has changed for some reason on the snow at around 1:00 AM heree9cb.jpg?ph7ZSUABo2d1R3QB

Posted

Well its been snowing here lightly in London on and off since about 10pm, which is causing a bit of distraction here at work, we just want to keep look out the window. Nothing is settling on the streets outside though as they appear to be too wet from earlier drizzle.

Posted

It keeps threatening to get heavier here at times, but doesn't. All the ppn all night has generally seemed to die a death as it gets into this area :cry: . I'd imagine Cambridgeshire has seen nothing. What has settled has been a light dusting against windward facing walls etc. I'm sure it's cold enough - my thermometer is at 0 now so anything that manages to land should settle no bother. That's backed up by the AWS at Pitsford which was at 0.1 last time I looked.

It started snowing at 12.15am and hasn't stopped, but most of it has been light. All that is required is some heavier stuff.

Posted

Heavy snow now... sideways, but a reasonable covering 2-3cm. Not had any flakes larger than about 5p pieces all night though. Took a while to cover the roads and pavements.

Posted

Can't see the lights on the A6 1/4 of a mile away now, the snow just keeps getting heavier. Not a patch on the snow in Wales and the Somerset area of course and they're getting a second helping as we speak. But it's not bad. Neigh on inch here now, probably more on the grass where it settle beforehand. If that snow comes up here before 10-11am then that will top us up nicely.

Obviously it's March so I wouldn't expect any accumulation between 11am-5pm, unless a reasonable cover exists and the temps remain below 2-3 degrees, falling below that in any heavy snow.

It's ok though. And i'm mad 'cos I've stayed up all night to watch and wait for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Just had a massive blizzard , never seen snow like it.

Each flake was about the size of a golf ball and covered teh ground with about 1cm of snow in a matter of 10 mins.

Shame it only lasted about 10 mins, this could be the end as it looks from the radar that we may get one more blast then thats it..

Wales are getting loads... ITS NOT FAIR :)

Posted

Yes looking forward to the snow reports from Wales this morning. Snow has been on and off all night here. Never stopped completely since it started at 12.15am. Heavier spell between 2-4am gave an inch+ on the grass just a dusting on the roads 1cm or so. Looking to the next spell moving up from the Oxford area, if it gets here. Hopefully it gets here before it warms up too much during the morning, and Wales can share the wealth! :)