Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hopefully will see some showers get across today, however one that was on course for Sheffield has already been annihilated by the pennines :whistling: Should be lots more building up over the day though :)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Odd light flurry now and then. Some snow overnight which fell on top of ice. Since it fell as pellets it's providing quite a good grip ironically. otherwise cold and sunny.

Not expecting much today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Hopefully will see some showers get across today, however one that was on course for Sheffield has already been annihilated by the pennines :lol: Should be lots more building up over the day though :D

Have woken up this morning to a dusting on the ground and beautiful clear skies. Temps of around -2.5 at present. Must admit to being rather disappointed at the none event we've experienced this time. Too far West for the Easterly, wrong side of the Pennines for the Westerly. Looks like my Mother-in-law has got it all this time (Bury, Lancs)!!

Anyone want to stick their necks out and give me the chances of a rather snow-bare Huddersfield receiving a decent covering today? :)

Posted

Just seen the forecast, 5-10cm expected with upto 20cm in places. western parts of north/west/south yorkshire should be highest risk in our region... Lets hope we catch up on what they have in the east :lol: :D

And a huge window for snow showers, 9am this morning till 3pm tommorow. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Just seen the forecast, 5-10cm expected with upto 20cm in places. western parts of north/west/south yorkshire should be highest risk in our region... Lets hope we catch up on what they have in the east spiteful.gifbiggrin.gif

And a huge window for snow showers, 9am this morning till 3pm tommorow. smile.gif

Agreed.After last nights dissapointment ,shall we put it,raintoday radar is of interestsmile.gif There are some heafty showers heading down here.

Posted

Agreed.After last nights dissapointment ,shall we put it,raintoday radar is of interestsmile.gif There are some heafty showers heading down here.

Ye last night was a sickner and one hell of a shock!.. Atleast todays weather should be the perfect remedy :lol:..

Im hoping for 10cm, but taking nothing for granted id even except 5cm lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Hopefully will see some showers get across today, however one that was on course for Sheffield has already been annihilated by the pennines laugh.gif Should be lots more building up over the day though biggrin.gif

Oh I do hope so, would be lovley to see a nice patch of falling snow later this afternoon (after my trip to town of course)

Posted

Yeh last nite was a surprise. Snow then sleet but hasn't affected the snow cover here.

Looks good for later plenty of convection Irish sea and drifting over the cold land towards NW Leeds.

Bitterly cold at -4.5c at present here.

Here's to looking to the NW

Posted

Winter wonder land in hull this morning :lol:

post-2644-12613016495313_thumb.jpg

post-2644-12613016679613_thumb.jpg

post-2644-12613016844113_thumb.jpg

Lewis

Very nice, id say yav got about 3" there :)

Yeh last nite was a surprise. Snow then sleet but hasn't affected the snow cover here.

Looks good for later plenty of convection Irish sea and drifting over the cold land towards NW Leeds.

Your lucky, I recieved -1 inch last night, instead of getting 2-4 like forecast I lost snow cover lmao, this had better not happen again! :lol:

looking at the 9:30 radar leeds could be in line for a hefty snow shower soon.

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

This is ridiculus. All the weather warning today are for the northwestern parts understandably, but no weather warning for w.yorks. How on earth can they not put any weather warnings in force for here, they have warnings for the far southwest, but yet not here and we could see more snow here than we saw yesterday. closedeyes.gif If anything the far southwest for example would miss most of the snow!

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

Very Heavy Snow falling in Ingleton at my friends house on the edge of the pennines.

Being falling for about an hour with no let up.

Posted

Just seen the forecast, 5-10cm expected with upto 20cm in places. western parts of north/west/south yorkshire should be highest risk in our region... Lets hope we catch up on what they have in the east :yahoo::crazy:

And a huge window for snow showers, 9am this morning till 3pm tommorow. :crazy:

Which forecast? The Met Office website is not showing any snow at all for today....well just showers, and certainly no warnings.

Posted

This is ridiculus. All the weather warning today are for the northwestern parts understandably, but no weather warning for w.yorks. How on earth can they not put any weather warnings in force for here, they have warnings for the far southwest, but yet not here and we could see more snow here than we saw yesterday. closedeyes.gif If anything the far southwest for example would miss most of the snow!

I think the met office are just waiting a little while, just to be certain before they commit to weather warnings of like 2-8 inches.. They wont want another last night..

Which forecast? The Met Office website is not showing any snow at all for today....well just showers, and certainly no warnings.

Bbc news 24 and then the weather on channel 1 at around 9am..

Posted

I think the met office are just waiting a little while, just to be certain before they commit to weather warnings of like 2-8 inches.. They wont want another last night..

That snow is heading more this way. I think we will get snow today and could get a number of inches, look at the beebs graphics, they are pretty good for us.yahoo.gif

i wouldn't be surprised if west yorks got a lot of snow today though.

Posted

Bbc news 24 and then the weather on channel 1 at around 9am..

Looks like showers are now starting to progress well inland along with an associated trough through the Cheshire gap, those who missed out yesterday are in for a real treat today :drinks: .

Posted

Looks like showers are now starting to progress well inland along with an associated trough through the Cheshire gap, those who missed out yesterday are in for a real treat today drinks.gif .

Yes i agree i saw the radar and it looks brilliant for us. will make up for last night. The snow cover we have now should stick around and the snow on the way will give a nice huge covering like the pics we saw in north yorks last night.

Posted

That snow is heading more this way. I think we will get snow today and could get a number of inches, look at the beebs graphics, they are pretty good for us.yahoo.gif

Yep things couldnt be looking better. The showers are developing in the irish sea, which in terms of the size of the UK isnt a large distance for them to travel before they reach us :D Also bye having such a big timeframe for showers, im sure the odd area will get streamers leading to very large totals in places :)

Looks like showers are now starting to progress well inland along with an associated trough through the Cheshire gap, those who missed out yesterday are in for a real treat today :drinks: .

Ye and even the fortunate east ( :lol: ) should get in on the act two! :yahoo:

Posted

west yorks has gone orange on the meto site yahoo.gif

massive snow shower blowing in from the west now! cant see anything behind the leading edge as it moves in! a classic snow shower! :drinks:

This should reach leeds in about 15 mins.

edit: arghh is just skirting north of me...lol

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

The snow just keeps coming here non stop now for at least an hour and a half, i hope i can get home ok later. :lol:

massive snow shower blowing in from the west now! cant see anything behind the leading edge as it moves in! a classic snow shower! :drinks:

This should reach leeds in about 15 mins.

edit: arghh is just skirting north of me...lol

Hi mate all you need is just a slight change in the wind direction and you will get a good dumping like we are gettin at the moment.

Posted

The snow just keeps coming here non stop now for at least an hour and a half, i hope i can get home ok later. :drinks:

Hi mate all you need is just a slight change in the wind direction and you will get a good dumping like we are gettin at the moment.

I hope so mate. With the way the showers are developing, most parts of west/south yorkshire should get some soon :lol: