Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

Don't think anymore since last time I measured 6.5cm. Showers have been short since the mainfall coming down well again right now though.

Sheffield City council are currently in a G.O.B.R.A. emergency meeting to determine why the shield failed, chaos reigns due to the severity of 2 inch of snow crippling the area, a spokesmen quoted the unfavorable latitude has lead to exposure of snow but they were doing everything in their power by spreading millions of tonnes of grit to ensure commuters can adequately travel regardless of the salt pollution washing into nearby rivers affecting wildlife.

The statement is still enforced in that journeys should only be carried out where delivery of life saving human organs are in transit and/or life is seriously endangered where said commuter is currently located.

The council repeats its apologies on behalf of the met office for the repeat of the February event where snow shamefully fell in the area contributing to widespread famine, pestilence & the council chief executives spoilt "non-patriotic themed" outdoor party at the council tax payers expense. :pardon:

,,,Jeez do I love this rare old thing from the "glory 70`s & 80`s days" :)

back out with the ICI bags kids, the NFL can wait for once :D

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

acording to itv yorkshire update they could last into northeast derbyshire southyorkshire and westyorkshire till 10pm

Hopefully! I'm actually quite interested to see how low the temps going to go tonight, -6.0c with a dusting last night! So i wonder what tonight will bring

Edit: Really big flakes coming down now :pardon:

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

coming down think n fast again! lets hope it lasts :)

between both streams looks like its going to develop into another band?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Sheffield City council are currently in a G.O.B.R.A. emergency meeting to determine why the shield failed, chaos reigns due to the severity of 2 inch of snow crippling the area, a spokesmen quoted the unfavorable latitude has lead to exposure of snow but they were doing everything in their power by spreading millions of tonnes of grit to ensure commuters can adequately travel regardless of the salt pollution washing into nearby rivers affecting wildlife.

The statement is still enforced in that journeys should only be carried out where delivery of life saving human organs are in transit and/or life is seriously endangered where said commuter is currently located.

The council repeats its apologies on behalf of the met office for the repeat of the February event where snow shamefully fell in the area contributing to widespread famine, pestilence & the council chief executives spoilt "non-patriotic themed" outdoor party at the council tax payers expense. :)

back out with the ICI bags kids, the NFL can wait for once :)

LOL Doubt it they'll be all at home tucked up nicely.

Heavy Snow shower now passed road totally covered again. Guess 7cm to 8cm now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

Don't think anymore since last time I measured 6.5cm. Showers have been short since the mainfall coming down well again right now though.

The council repeats its apologies on behalf of the met office for the repeat of the February event where snow shamefully fell in the area contributing to widespread famine, pestilence & the council chief executives spoilt "non-patriotic themed" outdoor party at the council tax payers expense. :)

back out with the ICI bags kids, the NFL can wait for once :)

Posted

between both streams looks like its going to develop into another band?

I think the last band was due to a trough moving south east. I think its just guna be a case of streamers. But the way this event is unfolding, anything could happen! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looking like the end now a slight change in wind direction means the streamer is going to the north of us.

Posted

Looking like the end now a slight change in wind direction means the streamer is going to the north of us.

unlucky though mate, its lined up for doncaster now which was a suprise

Posted

Just about over now with the last flurries of snow, i expect further north to be getting a little more now, got about 4cm to 5cm on the paths which is not bad for a nights work, then went to the grass and the ruler went down to 7cm (however i suppose that is cheating a little :lol:

Posted

Just about over now with the last flurries of snow, i expect further north to be getting a little more now, got about 4cm to 5cm on the paths which is not bad for a nights work, then went to the grass and the ruler went down to 7cm (however i suppose that is cheating a little :lol:

haha you deffo have the same amount as me! weve kinda done the same through out this cold spell! very weird

Posted

haha you deffo have the same amount as me! weve kinda done the same through out this cold spell! very weird

Shame the start of the spell wasn't very good :lol: Looks like that streamer is going to hit you in a bit :lol: Hopefully skies will clear now, perhaps some flurries over night but that looks about it now :lol:

Posted

Shame the start of the spell wasn't very good :lol: Looks like that streamer is going to hit you in a bit :lol: Hopefully skies will clear now, perhaps some flurries over night but that looks about it now :lol:

it is mate, ive put the pressure over lap and its feeding straight towards here! deffo a bonus!

Posted

Yes id concur there Pit. north Sheff barnsley now.

radar

Posted

Just got back from sledging....extremely heavy snow in S6! It's about time we got something from this cold spell,lol.must have been between 5-10cms

I'm in S6 too (High Bradfield)- looking at the Netweather radar we still have quite a bit to come. I thought the streamer had dropped south a bit an hour ago but it's now back with a vengeance. I ain't going outside to measure it, the snow is piled up against both doors, but I'd say we've had about 3 inches of level snow already. Local farmer has been dashing round the lanes with a sbowplough on the front of his tractor...a few quids for him no doubt :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Been snowing very heavily here now for 20 minutes.

Is it me or does the radar of this look like the bands are picking up speed? If so surely that will mean that it will penatrate further south than it has been.

Posted

Been snowing very heavily here now for 20 minutes.

Is it me or does the radar of this look like the bands are picking up speed? If so surely that will mean that it will penatrate further south than it has been.

because the winds have shifted more W then looks like northsheffield upwards will get it!

Posted

because the winds have shifted more W then looks like northsheffield upwards will get it!

We've had heavy now moderate snow, that line of showers is above us.

Posted

We've had heavy now moderate snow, that line of showers is above us.

whats the start of your postcode?