Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Just checked out a few local sites. Lowthorpe near Driffield is at -10.2, Burton Fleming (Oregon WMR 928) has been down to -12.9. Can't comment on the sites or exposure. Both on the rise now and the cloud has just about reached here with a steady -11.5.

I'm not surprised to see a lower temp than here, as I'm not the most exposed by any stretch.

Posted

Now -9.84C........ and thats with cloud cover from the front over lincs. Could be a real belter when the cloud eases east and clears

Edit, Now -10.07, the first time I've recorded this since 1995 :smiliz19:

And just for the record, this is using oregons high end EMR89965 reciever and oregons THR129pr 479Mhz wireless custom made sensor.

Edited by Chassisbot

Posted

Hmmm Ive got a feeling that those snow showers in the irish sea could push into west yorkshire during the early hours of tommorow morning.

A long shot but certainly a possibility, they seem to be developing into a distinctive line from cumbria down to south west wales. And pushing very slowly eastwards in the form of streamers

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

The snow in the south of Lincolnshire seems to be confined to the west of the A16, with rain/sleet to the east. According to the radar, snow looks to be falling south of a line from Grantham through Sleaford to Horncastle, though whether this equates to what's happening on the ground needs confirmation.

Posted

The snow in the south of Lincolnshire seems to be confined to the west of the A16, with rain/sleet to the east. According to the radar, snow looks to be falling south of a line from Grantham through Sleaford to Horncastle, though whether this equates to what's happening on the ground needs confirmation.

yes i agree, however as the front moves further NE the main band of snow is forcing the sleet more to the coast, now for me this improves both our situation in the fact that if the band makes it as far north as we hope then it will be snow that hits without a per longed period of sleet.

my only concern is that the band will pivot away from us as it starts to move East out over the North Sea.

Thats my take on it so far

LO

Posted

That's a very Darton response. If you don't think that the temps around here are worth a mention, then what are you doing on this forum? Get a life.

Thats a bit harsh Is'nt it, Did I ever mention that the temps in other regions were'nt worth the mentsion? You are a cretin of the highest order. As a fully qualified meteoroligist I sometimes wonder about some of the posters on here. To me You're just after a fight with your "VERY DARTON" response and lack of tact, show some respect to other posters why don't you and make it a pleseant experience for everyone. I now realise how frustrated John Holmes gets at times.

Posted

Well my temp here is 2.0!!

Thats a bit harsh Is'nt it, Did I ever mention that the temps in other regions were'nt worth the mentsion? You are a cretin of the highest order. As a fully qualified meteoroligist I sometimes wonder about some of the posters on here. To me You're just after a fight with your "VERY DARTON" response and lack of tact, show some respect to other posters why don't you and make it a pleseant experience for everyone. I now realise how frustrated John Holmes gets at times.

I agree with Chassisbot, it was uncalled for and tbh after how things have been over the past few days "fantastic" on this thread, when i refreshed the page and had seen these posts i felt like shutting the computer down.

Xmas is coming up soon, and whether he has this temp or she has that temp etc, it does not matter, it's fantastic that both regions have hit such a low minimum.

But there's no need to argue guys :mellow:

Kiss and make up,

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Car thermo said -3 here that was at 5.30, possibly colder now.

Edited by rikki

Posted

yes i agree, however as the front moves further NE the main band of snow is forcing the sleet more to the coast, now for me this improves both our situation in the fact that if the band makes it as far north as we hope then it will be snow that hits without a per longed period of sleet.

my only concern is that the band will pivot away from us as it starts to move East out over the North Sea.

LO

I think that's right LO and that's my read too. Also of course we have the Wolds to help out in marginal scenarios like this. The speed with which this is starting to move has to give you a fighting chance in Conisholme. It's now about when the front starts to pivot and move east - Radar suggests we might just make it before it starts to move into the sea. Reports of the ppn intensifying around The Wash is encouraging.

Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted

Car thermo said -3 here that was at 5.30, possibly colder now.

You may find it has warmed up a bit due to the cloud moving up from the South, we was -3.5 just after dark and now it has risen to just below freezing.

Posted

Well my temp here is 2.0!!

I agree with Chassisbot, it was uncalled for and tbh after how things have been over the past few days "fantastic" on this thread, when i refreshed the page and had seen these posts i felt like shutting the computer down.

Xmas is coming up soon, and whether he has this temp or she has that temp etc, it does not matter, it's fantastic that both regions have hit such a low minimum.

But there's no need to argue guys :good:

Kiss and make up,

Lewis

Thanks storm force, I'm more than willing to kiss n make out errm I mean up, An apololigy would be great form woldsowl though :lol: :lol:

Posted

Nice to see the snow falling again, not really settling, will need to see if it stays as snow or turns back to rain.

Les

Local Wash convection may be helping to pep the showers up, that'll help to keep you on the right side of marginal, for a while anyway.

Posted

You may find it has warmed up a bit due to the cloud moving up from the South, we was -3.5 just after dark and now it has risen to just below freezing.

I can't really see this front giving much in the way of snowfall, seems like a non-event. Personally I'd rather it stayed dry than ... rain. :lol:

Posted

LO

Just talking to a mate on the phone - interestingly it's just started to snow in Mab-o, which is a real surprise.

Posted

I can't really see this front giving much in the way of snowfall, seems like a non-event. Personally I'd rather it stayed dry than ... rain. :)

One thing you can't alter and that's the weather :) , surprised at the front still heading slightly N/Westwards in the Lincs region, can't be that far of Lincoln now.

Posted

I can't really see this front giving much in the way of snowfall, seems like a non-event. Personally I'd rather it stayed dry than ... rain. :)

As i just mentioned in my last post i think that here in Conisholme it may be marginal, however we still are in with a chance as the front continues NE. The critical thing is when it starts to pivot and move out East to the north sea. Im afraid that Grimsby looks more marginal than me, My only shred of comfort is that the warnings are for this to make the humberside area and then Move out East, Frankly i dont think it will get that far. However if im wrong and the metoffice are right i will eat a seizable portion of humble Christmas pie..

LO

Posted

Mab-o = mablethorpe I assume?

Humberside .... what is this word? :):)

Edited by rikki

Posted

One thing you can't alter and that's the weather :) , surprised at the front still heading slightly N/Westwards in the Lincs region, can't be that far of Lincoln now.

I was hoping for a mega cold night tonight, but the cloud is going to put an end to that :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Hmmm Ive got a feeling that those snow showers in the irish sea could push into west yorkshire during the early hours of tommorow morning.

A long shot but certainly a possibility, they seem to be developing into a distinctive line from cumbria down to south west wales. And pushing very slowly eastwards in the form of streamers

Yes just spotted on raintoday radar.Look north hinted at showers on to the pennines Tuesday evening also,winds veering westerly again.Any thoughts on wednesday nights push from the s/w?Thought it would have been more of a talking point,GFS and UKMO suggest snow for midlands northwardsmile.gif