Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 5

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Can someone have a look at the halbeath camera and tell me if thats snow or freezing fog? (east central scotland)

http://trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

Pass SL2. It could be either??? :lol:

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Pass SL2. It could be either??? :drinks:

Pretty sure its fog, if you look at the nearby other webcams there is fog at the top of the camera but nothing on the road. If it was that heavy snow the roads would be white :lol:

Posted

Pass SL2. It could be either??? unsure.gif

It's starting to get quite bad on that halbeath camera. Do they not do weather warnings for fog? Driving conditions are going to be pretty bad if visibility is poor. rolleyes.gif

Pretty sure its fog, if you look at the nearby other webcams there is fog at the top of the camera but nothing on the road. If it was that heavy snow the roads would be white smile.gif

very true lol

Posted

I don't know about warnings, guys; but fog can come out of nowhere...And, then vanish just as quickly. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

light snow at present in ayr temp holding at-1.2*c looking good for some showers moving in from the north west :(

Showers are beginning o move more west-east CMD, it should set up something of a snow streamer :)

I know, I'm watching on radar and that's passing just to the south of me.....and if it swings anymore, just to the north of you :(

I don't know about warnings, guys; but fog can come out of nowhere...And, then vanish just as quickly. :(

Our four days of fog earlier this month did that. It just appeared as quickly as saying "Fog" and then did the same in reverse 4 days later. Amazing!

Anyway, it does look as if it is going to snow here, judging by the darkening sky. Surely??

Posted

Dont like the way the showers are moving at present..right round the east and west coasts with a big load of nothingness on the mainland.

Does anyone think they will eventually filter into the central belt. ?

Posted

I know, I'm watching on radar and that's passing just to the south of me.....and if it swings anymore, just to the north of you :(

I think we'll just about scrape it, there isa bigger shower behind which will hit us if we miss it. Good to see its -1c and snowing in Ayr!!

I think we'll just about scrape it, there isa bigger shower behind which will hit us if we miss it. Good to see its -1c and snowing in Ayr!!

A little more patience is what I need. It does look promising for later on today. The weather warning only starts from 2pm....

Posted

We seem to have a whopping great wall of freezing-fog on the way! :(

Dont like the way the showers are moving at present..right round the east and west coasts with a big load of nothingness on the mainland.

They do seem to be pivoting in towards Ayrshire now, let's just hope they keep pivoting up this way too!!

Posted

Hi all..

Lee, LadyP, Richard do you know on any traffic incidents in the City this morning, apart from just the Snow in general.. Hubby has been stuck at Woodside for over an hour.. he's jumping up and down, and would like to knoe if he's like to get moved any time soon.

Can't find any alerts on Northsound, but maybe just not looking in the right place!

Will report back soon on local weather (it's snowing here now too) but gotta rush back to work (the downside of working from home = no snow days :clap:)

I heard Anderson Drive was blocked earlier but it has been coming down steadily since then and the roads that were cleared earlier are probably covered again. Apart from that, just road chaos in general...

Posted

A little more patience is what I need. It does look promising for later on today. The weather warning only starts from 2pm....

Ah, but patience doesn't extend to snow-watching?? :clap:

Posted

Depends exactly where the centre of the low goes. If it moves east, then whats to the North East will slid south and and whats developing in the west will most likely move SE direction. Bit of a strange one, with such light air, but there is potential...... intresting to see what the radar does.

Posted

I think they should push in later today but its always a bit random where they go.

Edited by Blizzardo

Posted

I heard Anderson Drive was blocked earlier but it has been coming down steadily since then and the roads that were cleared earlier are probably covered again. Apart from that, just road chaos in general...

Ssshhhh...Leave that to the Southern Softies! :clap:

Posted

Ssshhhh...Leave that to the Southern Softies! :clap:

A huge amount of snow here in aberdeenshire, at least 10" since midnight. Hasn't stopped and the showers look like they are just rolling off the sea, never seen so much snow this time of year. Look at the traffic cam at Portlethen...

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/

Posted

A huge amount of snow here in aberdeenshire, at least 10" since midnight. Hasn't stopped and the showers look like they are just rolling off the sea, never seen so much snow this time of year. Look at the traffic cam at Portlethen...

Nice..thats one big shower hitting Aberdeen right now. :clap:

Posted

yeh same here it just keeps coming. im on holburn street and theres hardly any traffic normally there lorries every second. the only warning i heard was on sky news about airport delays

Posted

Ssshhhh...Leave that to the Southern Softies! :wallbash:

Sorry, I forgot myself there for a moment :clap: - I should have put it in quotes....it's BBC speak for this mornings rush hour. Actually, they used the word 'mayhem'... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8425837.stm

Posted

The A90 is pretty hard going so a lot of trucks seem to be using the South Deeside Road (trees give some shelter there) - judging by the number going past my house today.