Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted

same here - been continuous now for 5 hours with about 3" on top of what was still lying. Still streaming down. Finally managed to rescue my car from the bottom of my road as the ice is now covered with snow. Looking amazing out there though!

Our car got stuck at the bottom of our road on Saturday morning...

Just speaking to my missus; it's taken her nearly three hours to get from green park to the Lock and Store by the Rose Kiln Lane junction. About 1 mile!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Oh well, it's raining heavy now.doh.gif

Posted

Just had an almighty lightning flash here. The thunder was straight after. Rain and sleet ATM

<_< netweather.tv/convective-outlook

Posted

will we in south east kent (Ashford) see any of this snow as it pivots back towards us? Temps have risen all day now at a balmy 4oC ! Will the colder air from the north of London get dragged down with it to give us any snow?

Posted

don't worry TEITS the band is going to have a sudden rush of blood about 6.30 and push over us giving us a lovely top up after what has been the coldest day for a very long time for me.

Posted

Snow is now easing here after a good 4 cm top-up

Yup moderate rain in Hammersmith now. Oh well. Nice while it lasted! <_<

Posted

Amazing! This is 50000 times better than I was expecting, we've got 2/3cm in about 45 mins, still coming down heavy too! I hope it pivots back and moves back over us later tonight, giving a little bit more! <_<

Posted

White out here still chucking it down, looking at the radar it seems to be moving out a bit more east if this happens we could have another couple of hours here unless it turns to rain

Posted

drizzle here atm, kind of expected what we had today but didnt expect areas, some less than 10 miles either side to get snow which is what has slightly annoyed me closedeyes.gif no offence to those enjoying it btw smile.gif

hope the weather warnings are right and the rest of us in the home counties who got nothing but a thaw today can maybe get something from this

Posted

Some radars on the internet arent very good. They have PPN over Cambridge yet nothing is falling <_<

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Amazing! This is 50000 times better than I was expecting, we've got 2/3cm in about 45 mins, still coming down heavy too! I hope it pivots back and moves back over us later tonight, giving a little bit more! <_<

Tommy the Ware road is completely at a stand still completely covered at at the moment no let up still chucking it down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Amazing! This is 50000 times better than I was expecting, we've got 2/3cm in about 45 mins, still coming down heavy too! I hope it pivots back and moves back over us later tonight, giving a little bit more! yahoo.gif

yes heavy heavy snow in Reading today all buses cancelled. Some saying worse before christmas snow fall in living memory

Got home North Oxfordshire no snow on ground but now coming down hard

Funny the papers had sleet showers and sunny spells

A big upgrade

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Sleet here, although it's 90% snow 10% rain. Temperature went up to 1.6C at 4.30, but it's dropped since to 0.8C.

Posted

don't worry TEITS the band is going to have a sudden rush of blood about 6.30 and push over us giving us a lovely top up after what has been the coldest day for a very long time for me.

Maybe the wash will be the northern limit :) Could easily be wrong though :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

We have had rain sleet AND heavy snow in the last 15 minutes, other than the roads the snow hasn't melted either! Fingers crossed it stays more readily as snow though!! :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

What a b***** nightmare. I've had to abandon my car near work and walk home. Its absolutely chaos out there. The snow has stopped now and PLEASE tell me no more is forecast for this evening ??? And what temps are they forecasting for tonight ?

I love the snow but the novelty factor is rapidly running out !

Posted

Next frame has put my mind at ease as its still moving slowly N. Conditions here are fantastic as its remained at -1C all day.

You want to hope it only just gets to you,stays about there then retreats,cause if it scoots to far,relatively mild air is hot on its tail,knowing your luck TEITS,thats what will happen :drunk: