Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Good Program On Natural Climate Change

callmedick

Posted

Good old Tony Robinson! I grew up on time team and have huge respect for the guy. Just watching a program right now on channel 4 (available on their website also i think) called "Man on Earth" about the demise of the mayans and pueblo indians of mesa verde due to drought and the norse in greenland due to little ice age. Definately not sending a good message to those who insist man is to blame for everything. I'm confident i know Tony's stance on the topic of man made climate change after watching this. Quite brave programming imo: aren't we meant to forget about historic natural climate change?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Only caught the last half but was very interested to hear about the thriving Norse community on Greenland. So many tales have been told about how it was a subsistence lifestyle, how the Norse were sold a story far from the truth to get them there, Greenland wasn't really green etc. Well, not according to this program, Greenland was green, hospitable and warm until The Little Ice Age kicked in.

Posted

Only caught the last half but was very interested to hear about the thriving Norse community on Greenland. So many tales have been told about how it was a subsistence lifestyle, how the Norse were sold a story far from the truth to get them there, Greenland wasn't really green etc. Well, not according to this program, Greenland was green, hospitable and warm until The Little Ice Age kicked in.

The Norse lifestyle required firewood. Like the Easter Islanders. Lack of firewood doomed them both after a few centuries.