shuggee

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

:cold::D :D :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just seen the tv forecast. Mentioned the temperature dropped to -18c in the GRTR Manchester area. It's their lowest ever. Presumably beating 1969.

When shall we arrange the funeral for the modern winter? :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Good picture of snow covered Northern Europe. Snow covered British Isles from top to bottom, not very often you see that !!!. The cold weather has made for sea ice coverage to increase in the Gulf and Bothnia and Gulf of Finland. Also note the White Sea is now frozen over.With the present prolonged spell of low temps we should soon see ice formation in the Baltic or the Manchester Ship Canal !!

C

post-3489-12628509070052_thumb.gif

Posted

Lol, BBC news showed all of the areas experiencing severe cold, some records go back quite a while. Then the MO spokesman comes on banging on about how parts of Canada are warm. I really do hope this IS the start of a pattern change, then all this GW(which has been rebranded Climate Change)rubbish can be seen for what it really IS about-TAX.

Edited by drgl

Posted

I don't think he started 'banging on', but more was responding to a point raised about what people would now think of global warming, and tried to balance the argument.

Seems to me the Met Office can't do right, and every man and dog has more expert knowledge than they do.

Posted

I don't think every man and his dog claim to have more knowledge but it is career suicide to go against GW/Climate Change regardless of evidence one way or the other

Posted

Lol, BBC news showed all of the areas experiencing severe cold, some records go back quite a while. Then the MO spokesman comes on banging on about how parts of Canada are warm. I really do hope this IS the start of a pattern change, then all this GW(which has been rebranded Climate Change)rubbish can be seen for what it really IS about-TAX.

On a longer scale, there may not have been a significant change. We cannot really say if there's been any change because climate conditions take a much longer timescale than weather patterns - Looking at the last 20 years average would tell you it was probably warmer than the previous 20 years.

We all have now been reminded in the most brutal way that severe winters are still possible in this day and age.

On the other hand, recent 'records' being broken may suggest the climate is becoming for severe (hotter and colder).

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

I don't think every man and his dog claim to have more knowledge but it is career suicide to go against GW/Climate Change regardless of evidence one way or the other

Perhaps I should post the CET and world temperature data for the past 11 years. Perhaps then you wouldn't base this cold as a good argument against Global; Warming.

June 2006 - April 2007 11.6c, 2.1c above normal.

1 and a half months of cold (after the 4th warmest November on record) does not discount Global Warming by a huge shot. 5 years of similar to this and we can start rethinking the whole situation. Not 2 months lol.

Posted

I guess you see it differently, whenever something goes against the grain of their stuck record all they do is pick an area somewhere in the world that is experiencing higher than normal temperatures. So we have a film that shows severe cold in Japan, China, USA & Europe but Mr Met Office quickly points out Canada has temps above normal :whistling: . If that isn't banging on the same old tripe then i do know what is! Oh, & these "experts" predicted a scorching summer & mild winter! Anyway, back OT, it's been a while since i saw icicles last this long :)

To lighten the mood, here is Mr Frosty 2010 :)

post-2989-12628575604052_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

Some brutally cold temperatues still being reported at 09.00 - 15.2C at Woodford and -14.1C at Pershore. I can verify the latter as being bonechillingly cold. -12C on my station right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Some brutally cold temperatues still being reported at 09.00 - 15.2C at Woodford and -14.1C at Pershore. I can verify the latter as being bonechillingly cold. -12C on my station right now.

Warm in warwick then -4.8c rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

-17 last night in Oxford and the Met Office predicting another 14 days of wintry weather

Im sure a -20c somewhere around here was recorded last night, unofficial of course

We had the foot of snow, clear skies from 5pm and lighter winds

Clear blue skies but of course no melt , its like being in a Alpine ski resort

You didn't, I just quoted the wrong post but couldn't be bothered to correct it.

Still on form I see whistling.gif

Still going for 10 days of 15c end of Jan ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just deleted some off topic posts in here, please can everyone stick to discussing the current cold spell. You are all welcome (with open arms) to come over to the climate change area, it would be great to have some fresh voices in there :lol:

Posted

While clearing my drive I noticed my elderly neighbours doorstep has some ice and snow on it, bearing in mind at that age she may have some difficulty there I chucked some boiling water over it.

that should be black ice about now then.very kind lol.