Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

It's going to be boring here in south midlands this week if it's just cold and no snow.

Radar shows a chance of a light flurry, but it's not looking great down here.

Posted

You should get some snow showers soon in le, I didn't expect any here in Nottm thats why I was suprised to see the roads covered in a light dusting. You might get a suprise tonight as I have.

Why all the moaning? I am in LE2 and everything is White. Very pretty new year dusting and it's still snowing. Leicestershire folk look out your window

Posted

Why all the moaning? I am in LE2 and everything is White. Very pretty new year dusting and it's still snowing. Leicestershire folk look out your window

Leicestershire isn't the only snowless place - none down here in Gloucester either apart from a very slight dusting on a few occasions. Temperature is even +0.2C at present

R

Posted

nothing here in worc aggressive.gif

Posted

We have very light snow in LE5 (about 5 metres from an LE2 postcode) it is just covering the pavements and I have photos (not great ones) to prove that it is possible to get snow in Leicester.

Posted

Ah the light showers moving down from the NE into B'ham region would explain why the temps are holding close to 0C in the region, I was wondering why it was still around 0-1C despite areas around being down to -1/2C...

Posted

Only 3-4" in Feb 2007? Between the 8th and 9th I'd say Birmingham recieved 6-7" with higher depths over higher ground. Was one of the best snowfall events in recent years. April 2008 was another good one, dropped 4-5" during one night (can't remember the date). But February last year was nothing special, here too only got around 2-4" with some heavy showers a few days after.

Birmingham nearly always gets more snow than Shrewsbury despite its urban nature; just one of the many anomalies regardng ths town and snow. Having said that, the snowfall on the evening of the 9th Feb 07 was heavy by Shrewsbury standards; 2-3" in an hour or so. The main reason the total depth wasn't greater was that the first snowfall early on the 8th was less here than everywhere else, only an inch at most although a bit more did fall that evening.

April 2008 a total dud here; just a couple of wet snow showers that didn't stick; in fact no lying snow at all here in winter 2007-08 or the year 2008.

Posted

Well that was great timing to my question about snow. Can i have some more though?smile.gif