Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

We have a sleet/snow mix falling here in Waterloville.

I love your name! I have just made Daniel (husband) by some wellies on the way home! He didn't have any ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Pompey FC - I read that on the south west forum - I think it's moving north and east. What will be will be I guess! Still raining in Portsmouth but brightening up a bit.

seeing flakes of snow in the rain well step in the right direction lol.

still not optimistic.

maybe not its raining.

Edited by badboy657

Posted

BBC News24 scrolling up to 16 inches of snow over Southern Counties from evening?? Which counties, does someone know? wacko.gif

The last I heard the preference for said amount was Dorset

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hi all - just cut and paste this from South west thread - this guy is excellent and really knows his stuff. Amazing how things can change so quickly - wouldn't be surprised if our warnings were downgraded a bit.

"Quick update from work - new NAE just arrived now wants to focus worst snowfall (20cm +) out of westcountry by around 50NM northeast, into Berks, Surrey and Bucks, including threatening Heathrow.

Some degree of wrap around back for parts of Wilts / Glos / Bristol / Bath areas around midnight onwards to 06Z in new run but I can't see the original totals being attained for our districts, frankly. I believe UKMO now considering amendments to the current flash warning to cater for new run.

About to hold conference call with UKMO so will hear the composite viewpoint soon. "

-----------------

Ian K. Fergusson

Weather Presenter, BBC West

Weather Blog: www.bbc.co.uk/ianfergusson

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny and Dry with a Hard Frost.

No. The main stuff is not going to emerge until later this evening. Watch and see what lunacy breaks out past midnight and through tomorrow!

Posted

Oh dear. Rain turning to heavy sleet now.

I just heard snow in Winch, if you look at the 4pm radar it looks like the rain is starting to pivot

Posted

The latest models have only shifted the heaviest falls (35cm) NE'wards, our area still looks likely to receive the same amounts that were being predicted before... and for most of us on the coast it will not start falling as snow until the early hours...

Posted

Ashurst, New Forest. -9.4C min overnight. At 3pm it was 4C and very light rain. Temp has now dropped to 0.8C and just had a 10 minute moderate flurry of snow.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

40cm has been downgraded to 10-14CM , national release from the met office

Posted

Latest BBC forecast has the snow missing most of our southern area & even tomorrow it has gone now too... doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Absolutely chucking it down in Portsmouth (with rain I hasten to add!). Also raining in Hayling Island but mum's going to give me a weather report from Horndean when she gets home but I doubt it's much different. The threat has moved to Guildford/Surrey region now - their weather forecast looks quite scary actually (1ft of snow etc)

Sunnysouthcoast - don't worry - we knew there was a strong possibility of things changing right to the last minute so doesn't mean they can't change again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

still extreme warning in place.:lol:

Latest BBC forecast has the snow missing most of our southern area & even tomorrow it has gone now too... doh.gif

lol brillant crappy forecasters yep ive thrown my toys out the pram i feel like a idiot all the people i told snow was coming classic winter my ass.

Posted

Err no, still has that warning for northern parts of Hants, Berks & Oxon... whistling.gif

Posted

Absolutely chucking it down in Portsmouth (with rain I hasten to add!). Also raining in Hayling Island but mum's going to give me a weather report from Horndean when she gets home but I doubt it's much different. The threat has moved to Guildford/Surrey region now - their weather forecast looks quite scary actually (1ft of snow etc)

Sunnysouthcoast - don't worry - we knew there was a strong possibility of things changing right to the last minute so doesn't mean they can't change again!

still extreme warning in place.whistling.gif

lol brillant crappy forecasters yep ive thrown my toys out the pram i feel like a idiot all the people i told snow was coming classic winter my ass.

I'm just hoping it is the BBC's unreliable graphics, I'm sure we will still see some snow, how much though is probably questionable now...