Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Global Cooling

stewfox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Ok it has to start the second we finish with global warming we get the Daily mail going on about global cooling.

http://www.dailymail...tarts-here.html

the sad thing is we have the same spin

e.g

---------------------------

According to the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre in Colorado, Arctic summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since 2007 – and even the most committed global warming activists do not dispute this

-------------------------------

This of course comes from a record low in 2007 as most of us know, I guess spin sells papers . sad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

To be honest it's got to the stage now where the whole thing is just a lot of irrelevant noise - in other words, regardless of the continuing scientific debate the argument either way has now been lost, which is a bit of a disaster really if the AGW theory turns out to be correct after all............

Posted

Agreeed, stewfox, what a horrible little article. Not that you'd expect any better quality reporting from the Mail...

Seems to be the usual, "wheel out some crank from random university with a contrarian view, cite him as if he's a leading academic to give the article credibility, and of course twist all the facts backwards to make a story"

Needless to say if we have a "barbecue summer" whistling.gif this year the Mail will be on about that too!

sss

Posted

Agreeed, stewfox, what a horrible little article. Not that you'd expect any better quality reporting from the Mail...

Seems to be the usual, "wheel out some crank from random university with a contrarian view, cite him as if he's a leading academic to give the article credibility, and of course twist all the facts backwards to make a story"

Needless to say if we have a "barbecue summer" whistling.gif this year the Mail will be on about that too!

sss

Hey sss,how you doing? This is as good a place as any to post this amusing little snippet,re the highlighted part of your post above!

http://planetgore.na...OTc3ODkxM2YzOGQ=

I posted the link from stewfox elsewhere on this forum,I hope the accompanying smiley and it's purpose were noted!

PTFD - I agree that the whole thing has now become such a quagmire that we're all in danger of drowning. The waters have become very choppy and the shore distant. Think I'll retreat and watch as a hapless bystander as to how things play out from now.... happy scrapping,folks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I just wish that the Media would wait for GC to actually happen before they come-up with the question, why? Fairies at the bottom of the garden stuff, methinks?? :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I just wish that the Media would wait for GC to actually happen before they come-up with the question, why? Fairies at the bottom of the garden stuff, methinks?? wallbash.gif

The sad thing is if someone read 27% increas in Arctic ice since 2007 thats what they will think (Most on here will know the back ground).

This was nice

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242052/Self-rolling-giant-snowballs-UK-Snow-pipes-rarest-frosty-phenomenon.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The subject of Global cooling in my eyes is one that is potentially a reality but not now.

It's sad it really is sad that the people that we trust to govern our ever day live find it more apt to share a petty immature political warfare than concentrating on real matters in hand.

Why do I say this, well on one side you have Global Warming alarmists who are doing absolutely nothing to reassure the realist approach to the subject matter, instead making it a mockery in the general public. Furthermore this drives an elite crew to suggest we're on the brink of an ice age! Brilliant! So basically we've got to extremist view points doing what I would suggest is political warfare - not realising that what both sides are spouting is utter extremist rubbish!

It is a sad day when the public can't trust anyone, it's even more sad when the public seem to take sides without thinking about the reality of the situation.

rant over!

:drinks:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I would have to ask for a few caveat's to that Mr Pru! I'm fast becoming of the opinion that we have ahready done enough to offset the next earliest point for a glaciation (partly due to our near circular orbit and favourable tilt but also due to the comfy blanket we continue to amass around our globe).

We've another 4.5 billion years to go before the Big Fry so I'm sure we'll have opportunities to have a white one before it's over.......just not in the next 35,000yrs or so!