Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 23/3/04

Paul

Posted

No storms to report as of yet, though it does not take long for these convection cumulus to get going does it :?:

There was none an hour ago, now they are bubbling up everywhere.

Guest Phil_Uk

After a dull start this morning, things have brightened up considerably, but rapid cumulus development currently in progress, even a couple of distant Cb's around which is pretty early in the day for clouds of that type for this area. Should prove to be an interesting afternoon/evening. 8)

Phil.

Posted

A bit of a let down for me today, but there were some impressive Cb's that managed to by-pass me both at home, and whilest at work. :-x

Have read a report on N-W today that somewhere in Essex got a covering of hail.

Guest Phil_Uk

Only thing worth mentioning of any real note was an intense 10 minute fall of hail around 1:30pm. Nothing else to report unfortunately.

Phil.

Guest ChaserUK

amazingly we have had some lightning flashes just now and each time my lightning detector went off - looking at av brief I see some cells to my north but nothing too spectacular at present. Will let you know if further developments arise :D

Posted

:evil:

This is evil, evil I tell you. :evil:

1600-1630 there was a serious hail/sleet storm leaving a covering on some surfaces.

From where I was I could witness this.It was spectacular. However the view I had was southwards only.

But, on arriving home a few mins ago, I am told by my father that I missed 3 flashes of lightning and 3 rumbles of thunder during the storm to the north.

I heard nothing :cry:

Guest ChaserUK

always the way Andy - in fact I am sure the atmosphere is destabalizing around here with faint echoes to my NE heading my way.