IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

warning is for West/South Yorkshire

http://www.meto.gov....t_warnings.html drinks.gifdrunk.gifyahoo.gifclap.gifblush.gifgood.gifrofl.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifwub.gif

"There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of central England and eastern Wales on Wednesday. Sleet and snow is expected to spread northwards to give accumulations of up to 6 cm in places - especially on ground above 100 metres. Becoming dry from the south later."

S Yorkshire W Yorkshire

Edit: Came out after my forecast, for once my forecast may be right!

Edited by 10123

Posted

http://www.meto.gov....t_warnings.html drinks.gifdrunk.gifyahoo.gifclap.gifblush.gifgood.gifrofl.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifwub.gif

"There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of central England and eastern Wales on Wednesday. Sleet and snow is expected to spread northwards to give accumulations of up to 6 cm in places - especially on ground above 100 metres. Becoming dry from the south later."

S Yorkshire W Yorkshire

Hope your right but look North gave Leeds dry on the map :S :)

Posted

S Yorkshire W Yorkshire

After reading, watching and trying to understand all day why have they done this??????????????

Posted

Hope your right but look North gave Leeds dry on the map :S dry.gif

This is the latest warning so the forecast has changed, well it has for the meto, most of us were already going for snow in Yorkshire anyway.

Posted

After reading, watching and trying to understand all day why have they done this??????????????

That front that has been giving all the rain in the SE today is tracking back inland - there seems to have been some earlier uncertainty in the Meto office over where it would go. It seems now to be coming our way bringing some colder air with it.

How kind :clap:

Tomorrow's FAX chart http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack0.gif

Edited by galba

Posted

Yup snow tea time for South Yorkshire and then early evening it will spread north-eastwards, Whats more is it is forecast to snow thursday night into friday morning? Brilliant !

Posted

I think the further south and west you are the better. Places like huddersfield/sheffield should get 5cm before the nights out and perhaps as much in the surrounding areas of Leeds if the main precipitation gets far enough north smile.gif

Regarding tommorow any precipitation will struggle to get past the north midlands, if it reaches there at all!

Good charts at the moment, a suprise snowfall is allways just round the corner! Im just waiting for the daddy one, where a low pressure quickly skirts into central england with heavy snow on its northern edge (northern england) that would be sweet biggrin.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Not gone above 0o here today, looks like the cold is well and truly back, just need the snow and it will be like 'old' times again.

Posted

Not gone above 0o here today, looks like the cold is well and truly back, just need the snow and it will be like 'old' times again.

Yeah, there is plenty of potential snow events, there is today and (possibly) tomorrow although I'm not expecting it to happen even though there is a warning, there is also Sunday night.

Posted

Yeah, there is plenty of potential snow events, there is today and (possibly) tomorrow although I'm not expecting it to happen even though there is a warning, there is also Sunday night.

10123 - just replied to your post on the North West forum.

Our friends across the pennines ( of which I am from originally ) are worried about the ppn band disappearing but all I can see is a direct hit on us good.gif

Posted

i really cant believe how much of an upgrade it is for today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! temp0.1c!!!!!!!!!!!! dew-0.7c!!!!!!!!!!!! at 2:30pm!!!!!!

off to snake pass tomorrow so will have loads of photos :whistling:

Posted

Snowing here at Fulwood in Sheffield. Small flakes with some medium sized ones. Sticking everywhere but only a sugar coating so far :)

Bad picture lol

post-6181-12664204439817_thumb.jpg

yayyyyyyyyyy how high up? ground is slightly icy here!!

Posted

It's been snowing here for about 30 mins but is very fine stuff and not very heavy either - bit like icing sugar. Still not showing as snow, or even sleet, on NW radar.

Temp is still below zero and the frost is still heavy on the grass from early this morning. This could last until midnight and give a good covering here.

As I type it's pepped up a bit - getting heavier but no big flakes yet.

Posted

It's been snowing here for about 30 mins but is very fine stuff and not very heavy either - bit like icing sugar. Still not showing as snow, or even sleet, on NW radar.

Temp is still below zero and the frost is still heavy on the grass from early this morning. This could last until midnight and give a good covering here.

As I type it's pepped up a bit - getting heavier but no big flakes yet.

its snowing very very light here!!!!!!!!!! temp 0.4c dew-0.4c!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Expect the precipitation to intensify in the next 1-3 hours as it passes (slowly) through Yorkshire, very similar to Dec 23rd. I think for eastern areas it may be too marginal for snowfall, probably a wintry mixture.

Current temp 0.2c and rising.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Interesting to see snow in that band. Its not very favourable here temperature-wise at the moment, currently 3.3C with a dewpoint of 1.8C. We could be looking at just drizzle here unless it cools down.

Posted

Interesting to see snow in that band. Its not very favourable here temperature-wise at the moment, currently 3.3C with a dewpoint of 1.8C. We could be looking at just drizzle here unless it cools down.

Light drizzle here :drinks: , maybe a better chance tomorrow night :clap: !!

Posted

yayyyyyyyyyy how high up? ground is slightly icy here!!

200m i think, high part of Fulwood is 260m. About 1.5mile up the road its 420m, that's off towards hathersage, new norfolk arms way (some will know it). Wondering what its like up on the tops. Can't see them as its still snowing. Got a good dusting now.

post-6181-12664247907217_thumb.jpg

post-6181-12664247951717_thumb.jpg