Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

how can i find how high above sea level i am?

Andy

Without downloading all the Google Earth gubbins, just go to the Earth Tools site http://www.earthtools.org/ select your location and zoom to it, then click on the 'height' button on the left panel

Edited by galba

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Indeed sparky temp dropped the best part of 1 degree in that time according to my guage, snowing nicely now

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Been snowing here since about 5pm here. Not heavy though, but its already more than a couple of cm's on the fields and now more than a cm on what were the wet stone areas. Going to be a good night by the looks of things.

Posted

Still raining quite heavy at times

possibly a bit of sleet mixed

How much snow would I have had in the last 2hours if it was only snow??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Posted

Without downloading all the Google Earth gubbins, just go to the Earth Tools site http://www.earthtools.org/ select your location and zoom to it, then click on the 'height' button on the left panel

Excellent link. My area is 134ft ASL according to that.

Posted

why is it rainiong in sheff.????

It's snowing in some parts of Sheffield, if you can call it snow. More like frozen Scotch mist in our neck of the woods, but it has managed to put a thin white blanket on everything.

Temp is now back down to zero and we might get a single centimetre of lying snow out of this feature if it continues on it;s current track :D

Posted

We now have full on snow :D

Edited by Cal

Posted

Excellent link. My area is 134ft ASL according to that.

well you can put it in your profile now :D

Edited by galba

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yup rain turned too snow. temp dropped too 0.9c and dew point too 0.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Light snow falling since 1800, about 1.5cm of fresh snow at present. Temp' is -0.8c.

Posted

well you can but it in your profile now :D

Yep,done.

No snow here cal, but at least the temp is dropping so we could do ok during the night.

Posted

Yep,done.

No snow here cal, but at least the temp is dropping so we could do ok during the night.

Definately snowing mate.

Posted

woohoo wet snow now and starting to settle on cars/grass, definatly turning progressively to snow! Plenty more hours of precipitation n with it getting heavier I might be in for a light covering! biggrin.gif

I should imagine 10123 has a covering by now

Posted

woohoo wet snow now and starting to settle on cars/grass, definatly turning progressively to snow! Plenty more hours of precipitation n with it getting heavier I might be in for a light covering! biggrin.gif

I should imagine 10123 has a covering by now

I wish mate, was icy hail for most of the time, has finally turned to proper snow now and sticking.

Took this picture 30 minutes ago during the icy hail, there is alot more snow/hail on the car now since that pic was taken.

post-8968-12665253510717_thumb.jpg

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

God i'm depressed- its been drizzling for ages, the monotony broken only by the odd burst of rain! Am i really so low down?! Help me 10123 or anyone! Send me some snizzle at least ha!

bb

Posted

I wish mate, was icy hail for most of the time, has finally turned to proper snow now.

Took this picture 30 minutes ago during the icy hail, there is alot more snow/hail on the car now since that pic was taken.

post-8968-12665253510717_thumb.jpg

Funny how quick the transition from plain rain to snow was here!... Only light at the monent so just a bit of snow/ice on car/grass, I think if the precipitation gets heavier again Im sure it will be all snow and progressively settle on all surfaces, especially at your alltitude! So hopefully a little covering by morning..

Iv been following the places reporting snow on 'weatherworld observations' http://www.xcweather.co.uk/30m/GB/s1266525524.gif

Its all clearly moving north as is small colder pool of air over the midlands, expect more reports of heavy snow further north as the night wears on :) Also heavy snow/0C at nottingham watnall which is a good sign as thats quite low alttitude :)

Posted

God i'm depressed- its been drizzling for ages, the monotony broken only by the odd burst of rain! Am i really so low down?! Help me 10123 or anyone! Send me some snizzle at least ha!

bb

Its because much of north Leeds is under slightly heavier PPN, I'm pretty sure it will be really icy rain/hail, if you go outside then come back in you will be able to see on your clothes what is falling from the sky, I didn't realise it was hailing earlier till I went outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The PPN is moving North east so I don't expect much if any precipitation to hit North West England, perhaps some light and patchy snow/rain. The main area at risk is Yorkshire.

Edit: Light snow snow

Hmm?

We've had heavy sleet and icy rain for almost 3 hours...

Posted

Funny how quick the transition from plain rain to snow was here!... Only light at the monent so just a bit of snow/ice on car/grass, I think if the precipitation gets heavier again Im sure it will be all snow and progressively settle on all surfaces, especially at your alltitude! So hopefully a little covering by morning..

Iv been following the places reporting snow on 'weatherworld observations' http://www.xcweather...s1266525524.gif

Its all clearly moving north as is small colder pool of air over the midlands, expect more reports of heavy snow further north as the night wears on smile.gif Also heavy snow/0C at nottingham watnall which is a good sign as thats quite low alttitude smile.gif

Hopefully we will do well, it is still snowing here, loads of little flakes which does nothing, so far a slight dusting on the ground, if it keeps it up all night perhaps 1cm. Hopefully we will get some heavier pulses, although I doubt it as everything (ironically) is a bit further north or too far south.