Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Only Another Five Weeks.......

Posted

I imagine it must be very difficult to suffer from, in effect, "SAD in reverse" partly because it is so strongly at odds with the majority view and so results in very little sympathy/empathy.

It's awful,truly. Feel like a social outcast right now and don't want to do anything but cry. It's that bad. Good to know non-sufferers like you TWS who try to understand. Bottie: I really wish I could answer your question my friend...

Posted

21st February 1956 was right in the middle of the biggest wintry spell of that frozen easterly/north-easterly dominated month.

'Twere, weren't it! :cray: What a day to come into the world! :o

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Im not a big fan of this time of year,i much prefer the long winter nights,which my wife thinks is strange lol. My 2 most hated months of the yr have always been may and june,even though the nights are still very short in july and august i dont mind them months as much, maybe its a psychological thing because by that stage i know that at least the nights are getting shorter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Not needed, the sun doesn't set after 9pm for your area for over two months of the year and then you have the lingering twilight as well.

But when I woke up briefly to the birds this morning at 4am it was almost completely light which is some 4 hours before I get up whereas it's at least 11pm before I'm thinking about bed so from a completely and utterly selfish point of view I'd prefer that hour planted onto the evening instead of at 4-5am.

Tbh it's not May-July that's the problem - its further out in August when it starts getting dark mid evening (8ish) when BST+1 would be more useful.