Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase 2010 - Day 18 Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

59F t/56F td and NE wind at Midland, further SW 93F t/46F td and wind SW at Ft Stockton, to the SE - 86F t/63F td wind SE at San Angelo.

Looks interesting radar sig wise just SW of Odessa, with storms back-bullding SW into warm sector.

Posted

hi guys just sitting here at the mo to see what the cells do then make our move from there has been a good chase so far glad the streaming is holding up fingers crossed it stays that way

Posted

hi guys just sitting here at the mo to see what the cells do then make our move from there has been a good chase so far glad the streaming is holding up fingers crossed it stays that way

hi Ian, yes, steaming going well tonight. fingers crossed you don't have to sit around waiting too long

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Had a chase target of Roswell to Carlsbad originally, but decided than rather drive through all the incessant rain from Amarillo south west, I'd come south on I27 and skip Roswell completely. Now watching the beautiful anvil of a supercell which dropped a large tornado west of Roswell some 90 miles north of me :unsure: Time wise, If I'd taken my original route, I'd have been passing through Roswell as that storm initiated and more than likely would have been on that storm...!

Don't feel like playing in the grunge so just chilling near Carlsbad now waiting for some storms to fire. The few that have have been pretty but shortlived...

Hopefully one will take hold soon!

Posted

Just looking at the live streaming, and it's obvious that the NW chasers are men outstanding in their field.

rolleyes.gif :unsure:

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Tony Laubach bagged a tornado in Ector County Texas today.

Oh and large hail too..!!

Edited by NL

Posted

Terffic footage at the mo

Posted

Blimey no wonder they shot away from there

Posted

Outstanding CG lightning there infront of an amazing sunset, ....and ...wow those clouds are movin fast... Tornado looked imminent.. is that why you all picked up your tripods and ran???....

Posted

Outstanding CG lightning there infront of an amazing sunset, ....and ...wow those clouds are movin fast... Tornado looked imminent.. is that why you all picked up your tripods and ran???....

yeah that was great viewing, cheers to the chase team

Posted

Got a major light show going on then, and a few cold ones no doubt!

Posted

Lol

After the disappointment of the other day we really could not have Chased any better today. Loved every minute of it, got cored by Golfball Hail near Lamesa, then picked a route between Supercells to get into the Juicy Air, the Structure we then encountered was Breath-Taking, just wait until you see the pics, words fail me! Pat got a Rope of Funnel just after we punched the core, the Cg's we got well just wait. Kept dropping down the line of Supercells and have ended in Senora with a Massive Supercell Storm going over us.

The guys have loved it so much a lot are thinking of booking for next year just on todays Chase :unsure:

Paul S

Posted

The live stream of the structure came over as amazing, so must have been incredible being there,and that lightnig looked fierce!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Nice going guys. My NM play didn't work out as well :unsure: The storm I got on was beastly looking but a bit too outflow dominant, and it just backbuilt south, pushing me away from the actual storm I wanted to be on just ahead of the line in NM. I actually think the mess don south was pretty unxpected by most models. IT fired early, and never cleared away like the models originally indicated, and that robbed a bit of moisture from the area I was awaiting initiation. Had a few pretty updrafts but they always failed to stick around.

I just wished I'd stuck with my Roswell idea from yesterday, That storm west of there was a beast and had a big tornado with it at times apparently, though only a hail producer once it got close to Roswell. I could see that storm from south of Carlsbad and it looked amazing!

Posted

Yo, we got into all the junk got pretty well hammered near Odessa I thought the glass was gona go, got a brief spin up Tornado bit later on and ended up way south down near the i10 after leaving the last cell of the day some nice wall clouds trying to form supercells all over the place a good chase day but not without a few dings :-( now staying the night on i10 at Fort Stockton for tomorrows chase

Edited by stevestorms