Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

A fine, sunny and hazy start with plenty of strong sunshine. Feeling humid.

Temperature: 17°C / 62°F

Humidity:76%

Wind: Light 2-3mph

Outlook: Fine until Monday

Reported at 9.50AM

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

A fine and very warm morning up to observation, the temperature is already 20.5c.

Sky:1 Okta, Cirrus.

Temperature: 20.5°C

Wind Direction: Force 2 E.

Humidity: 80%

Barometer: 1034mb steady.

Today's readings for the 24 hrs up to 0900 GMT:

Maximum temperature: 22.9°C

Minimum temperature: 11.0°C

Minimum temperature on grass: 7.1°C

Rainfall total: 0.0 mm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday:

After a very mild and cloudy night, low 14.6c, the morning has brightened up with very warm hazy sunshine. Becoming very warm by afternoon with the temperature peaking at 22.9c. Becoming cloudy and feeling oppressive by mid afternoon with showers threatening.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 2010 so far:

Mean temperature: 9.7c (-1.7c) of the local average)

Maximum temperature: 22.9c on the 20th

Minimum temperature: -1.3c on the 13th

Grass Minimum: -3.5c on the 13th

Rainfall = 5.2 mm

Wettest 24 hours: 0.9mm on the 3rd.

Maximum wind gust: 27.7mph NE on the 1st.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010 so far:

Maximum temperature: 22.9 on the 20th May.

Minimum temperature: –10.0 on the 7th January.

Grass Minimum: –12.6c on the 7th January

Rainfall: = 191.4mm

Wettest 24 hours: 19.7mm on the 22nd of January.

Maximum wind gust: 38mph, S 16th January.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Temps rose to 18.6°C around an hour ago then the surface wind direction changed from a NWesterly to an E/NEasterly and temps have now dropped to 17°C -17.5°C, still rather pleasant although i hope the wind off the cool north sea wont increase to much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

It has warmed up very fast here! Just walked home from school as i had an exam thismorning, both my friend and myself were boiling! Thermo in shade reading 25C, but thermo on weather station reading 26.5C! id go with the first tho, will go and take a reading from another thermometer now! #<BR><BR><BR>-----EDIT: station has droped to 25.8C, thermo on shed says 25.3C and just took the anemometer out at the other end of the garden in the shade, and even that said 24.8C once it settled down! very warm indeed smile.gif ----I know i have problems with temp readings before, but similar temps from 3 thermo's around the same, surely cant all be wrong? but is it possible that its actually those temps here? like now the lowest reading im getting is 25.8C in the shade at the bottom of the garden!

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

It has warmed up very fast here! Just walked home from school as i had an exam thismorning, both my friend and myself were boiling! Thermo in shade reading 25C, but thermo on weather station reading 26.5C! id go with the first tho, will go and take a reading from another thermometer now! #<BR><BR><BR>-----EDIT: station has droped to 25.8C, thermo on shed says 25.3C and just took the anemometer out at the other end of the garden in the shade, and even that said 24.8C once it settled down! very warm indeed smile.gif ----I know i have problems with temp readings before, but similar temps from 3 thermo's around the same, surely cant all be wrong? but is it possible that its actually those temps here? like now the lowest reading im getting is 25.8C in the shade at the bottom of the garden!

If you garden is enclosed it will act as a heat trap, i highly doubt it's 25c there yet, it isnt even 25c in London, 22c recorded atm there.

19.2c here. Unbroken sunshine.

Posted

Weather

1.gif?v41_4

Sunny

Temp (°C°F) 20°C 68°F

Wind (mphkm/h) North Easterly 3mph 5km/h

Humidity: 66%

Pressure: 1031mb, rising

Visibility: Moderate

warming up nicely now

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

If you garden is enclosed it will act as a heat trap, i highly doubt it's 25c there yet, it isnt even 25c in London, 22c recorded atm there.

19.2c here. Unbroken sunshine.

Yeah it is kinda, got a 16ft+ hedge at the bottom of the garden, and gardens either side of ours so i think it must just be that! Yet the weather station is about 16ft or so off the ground with a white case round it, could the sun still effect it?

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Yeah it is kinda, got a 16ft+ hedge at the bottom of the garden, and gardens either side of ours so i think it must just be that! Yet the weather station is about 16ft or so off the ground with a white case round it, could the sun still effect it?

Heat rises. Plus I don't think it should be more than 6 foot off the ground. A few people around the forum have told me that.

BBC say 26c for my area today! I'll melt in that! http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2848

Posted

Heat rises. Plus I don't think it should be more than 6 foot off the ground. A few people around the forum have told me that.

BBC say 26c for my area today! I'll melt in that! http://news.bbc.co.u...r/forecast/2848

Ok, well i cant help it with the weather station because the anemometer! But the one on the shed is about 6ft off the ground! Do you, or anyone else know anything i can do to get a more accurate reading?

Posted

Ok, well i cant help it with the weather station because the anemometer! But the one on the shed is about 6ft off the ground! Do you, or anyone else know anything i can do to get a more accurate reading?

Not sure mate, I hardly ever get an accurate reading because the sun is everywhere in my garden, plus it's enclosed, but I moved it a few minutes ago and it seems much more accurate now.

Posted

After what was a glorious start, the cloud has started to bobble up a bit now, I think this might happen tomorrow too. Although not enough to stop the sun from shining just there is cloud around now!

Currently breezy, but 20.6c! :)

Posted

Not sure mate, I hardly ever get an accurate reading because the sun is everywhere in my garden, plus it's enclosed, but I moved it a few minutes ago and it seems much more accurate now.

Parents just got back, and said the car thermo said its 26C out there, so is there a possibility that just locally it is that warm here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I have the same problem as a couple of others are discussing- my parents' back garden becomes a heat trap during the summer half-year resulting in readings that may be up to approximately 2C in excess of "official" readings.

I compensate by applying calibration factors: March, April, August and September = -0.5C on partly cloudy days, -1C on sunny days, while in May, June and July the respective figures are -1C and -2C. Personal weather stations often come with their own means of calibration but they are of limited use in these situations as they fail to take sunshine into account.

Posted

Its now 25.4c in my heat trap of a garden and sitting in sun as i type its lovely... bbq tomorrow i think.... mite get 27c later first 80f of 2010! Crystal clear blue sky lovely.....

Posted

Hazy here now. Temperature reading 24.7c but dunno if it's in the sun. Ill move it now.

Posted

23.2c. Cloudy. :)

Posted

Funny how the number of reports has increased this week!

23.7c with the sun just coming out from behind one of several large Cumulus, it was 24.1c about 15 minutes ago so a very warm day with a gentle breeze and 60% humidity.

Posted

You do have plenty of loft insulation don't you? My house used to get unbearably hot, then I noticed we had NO loft insulation whatsoever. It's made a huge difference....as you'd expect!

Probably not as much as we should have to be honest, as the loft is completely boarded out.

Currently Clear but hazy with a temperature of 20.7C and 62% humidity. The minimum temp last night was 10.9C.

Posted

20.8C sorcho, this warm/hot spell looks to more prolonged than anything last year. Record 3 days in row above 20C last summer, looking good for 4 days at present.

Dark cloud justs to the West, shrs this afternoon.

Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Clouded up a bit now but still some sunny spells. Now 22.8c after an earlier peak of 23.1c. Hopefully will keep going up!