Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2nd Annual Netweather Stormchase Bbq

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Just my luck to be in Evesham when I have been waiting for a storm in Kent and I will miss it I hope it changes. Or at least waits till we get back on Sunday. lol

LOL, me too I'm leaving a 51% storm risk behind wallbash.gif

Posted

Well John and I are hoping for fine weather. At least I am because John doesn't know yet that have just tried out the tent and not only were the tent pegs missing but they had also lost some of the tent poles, So unlike Paul's tent our tent requires being lashed. Get get to watch the stars yet.

Tom

Tom, if the inhabitants are lashed, they won't care about the state of the tent, lashed or no pegs :whistling:

Posted

my apologies to all that I myself wont be able to come this Saturday as I have some impotant issues to sort out...

I hope you all have a good time and get drunk and enjoy your Storm vids

cheers for now

Pat

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

That's a shame you can't make it along Pat.

Btw, 12z GFS showing t-storms over Evesham Sat evening, lol:

post-1052-012235400 1281545497_thumb.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Oh dear Pat & Pete will miss you both . Pat I was throwing my guitar in for you.

post-2466-039748100 1281552881_thumb.jpg

Hey John I have a Gene Kelly Tent to go with my Frank Bruno toaster. The toaster is only good for 2 rounds and with the tent we will be Singing in the Rain.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hi Jo

it isnt as bad as it looks but nether is it as big as i remember so if you have room to bring it John and I could have one each , if there isnt enough room in this one. but you may not need to go to too much trouble. Going to miss Pat too. Johns quiet, must have seen the tent. I am putting together some Thai dish called Nam, by dish i do mean food.

Tom

Posted

just one more night shift then meet john at airport then BBQ wow this has come round fast cant wait to catch up with everyone this sounds like its going to be the BBQ of the year :D well have got myself a sleeping bag sorted just need to by some beer and food and I will be all set like i said cannot wait to see everyone there and sorry for those how can not make it this year well till Saturday!

Ian

Posted

Make sure you bring your cameras/camcorders, could be a few storms around Saturday, lol.

post-1052-025702200 1281596574_thumb.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Make sure you bring your cameras/camcorders, could be a few storms around Saturday, lol.

post-1052-025702200 1281596574_thumb.gif

Thanks for that "good news" Nick.!! I would be delighted for a storm, but not on Saturday, oh well, if we are going to have a storm, lets hope its a damn good one, after all it is the Storm Chase BBQ!! :D:D

Posted

Hi Jo

it isnt as bad as it looks but nether is it as big as i remember so if you have room to bring it John and I could have one each , if there isnt enough room in this one. but you may not need to go to too much trouble. Going to miss Pat too. Johns quiet, must have seen the tent. I am putting together some Thai dish called Nam, by dish i do mean food.

Tom

Yer alright Joe. I believe there is a place booked for me in the Sherminators 9 man superduper individual compartmental with living area in the middle dot com Tent.

Posted

Oh dear Pat & Pete will miss you both . Pat I was throwing my guitar in for you.

post-2466-039748100 1281552881_thumb.jpg

Hey John I have a Gene Kelly Tent to go with my Frank Bruno toaster. The toaster is only good for 2 rounds and with the tent we will be Singing in the Rain.

Tom

hi Tom,

off topic at least your grass is green my garden is reminicent of the panhandles at the moment almost bare soil with partched grass only an odd weed and tall single grass stem here and there wouldnt be suprised to see a tumble weed blow bye

regards to all Pete

ps. we did have 6mm rain in my garden a couple of days back not made any differance

Posted

Can't wait for this now, should be a great laugh! :D Any chance I can pinch a few burgers/sausages and I'll bring extra booze to compensate?

Posted

Hi all,

Pat - Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us, we will miss you very much :)

Really looking forward to seing you all on Saturday, according to the sat nav its 4hours from Teesdale so should be 'landing' about 3pm ish!

The tent is out, I vaguely know how to put it up - what could possibly go wrong :D

See you all on Saturday

Tammy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Yer alright Joe. I believe there is a place booked for me in the Sherminators 9 man superduper individual compartmental with living area in the middle dot com Tent.

No probs, might bring it just in case.

Also thinking of bringing a gazebo just in case......

If it'll fit in the car of course.....

j x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

No probs, might bring it just in case.

Also thinking of bringing a gazebo just in case......

If it'll fit in the car of course.....

j x

FYI - I'm bring my camera gear and a tent too Jo! Depending on space of course :girl_devil:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Have fun on Saturday. Western Midlands certainly a possible hotspot for Storms on Saturday so far. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Have fun on Saturday. Western Midlands certainly a possible hotspot for Storms on Saturday so far. :rofl:

True, but this is Evesham. Still be great if we finally get a decent storm for the first time in years! :)

On a serious note, I am very, very, skint at the moment - am I going to be ostracised if I just turn up with a bottle of wine? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

True, but this is Evesham. Still be great if we finally get a decent storm for the first time in years! :D

On a serious note, I am very, very, skint at the moment - am I going to be ostracised if I just turn up with a bottle of wine? :blush:

Dont worry Andy, youve supplied us something to sit on, so we can drink that bottle!! :drinks::drunk: PS ,I will pick the chairs up in the Morning, many Thanks Andy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Have a good BBQ guys and gals, I will have to relocate to England at this rate if I'm to make my attendance more common.

Posted

Have a good BBQ guys and gals, I will have to relocate to England at this rate if I'm to make my attendance more common.

No excuses :blush: :drinks: - I am picking John up at Stanstead tomorrow evening when he flies in from Cork

See you all Saturday - Hopefully Nathan can bring some good Dvd's from this year as all mine is still on tape and Tom's Laptop has broken so he has not had a chance to do a Highlights Dvd yet.

I think Arron might have thrown something together hopefully as 2010 at the moment is going down as one of the best Seasons ever and running 2004 very close for Photogenic Tornadoes.

Paul S

Posted

I've been so busy working since I've got back that I've found it's taking longer than I thought to do but can probably lob summat on dvd. It will be rough around the edges with no music though! :) Only first 2 tours also :cray:

I'll have mine up on youtube when I finally get the finished article done cookie :lol:

Posted

Really looking forward to this.

Will be travelling from Tilbury on Saturday morning. (don't ask!)

If anyone is in need of a lift for any reason then let me know and i may be able to sort something.