Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Indoor Temps

Wilxy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The sitting room here has been down to the low 14s the last few mornings. A quick blast of the heating though and it's back to a warmish 20C :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Heating has been on for a good 3 weeks now. 17c is about as low as it can go before i start to feel the cold, never mind 12c like some of you. A comfortable 18.7c in my bedroom at the moment which is good enough not to need to wear an extra layer.

It's actually not very good for you to be sat in temperatures like that. How anyone can feel comfortable with an inside temperature of 12 c baffles me. Ideal room temperature is about 21c, or so i've read. Must have some hardy souls on this forum :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

I don't think anyone is sitting in temps of 12C all evening, I know I certainly don't. I post the temps encountered on returning home from work at the end of the day and on waking after a frosty night.

Posted

I don't think anyone is sitting in temps of 12C all evening, I know I certainly don't. I post the temps encountered on returning home from work at the end of the day and on waking after a frosty night.

Yeah, even I tend to put the heating if it drops down to 12c. I prefer it around 16-18c for optimum comfort. Above 20c is too warm though, especially if I'm eating.

Was down to 5c in my bedroom the other morning - just about getting cool enough now so that I can sleep with a duvet on :)

Posted

Indoor temp 13.5c (up from 13.1c when I got home - just shows what difference body heat and a laptop can make!). I do however have the window closed this evening :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

A guy at my work lets his house fall to low teens and doesn't seem to mind it. I guess people have lived in those low temps before!

I find 17-18c fine for hoovering/housework but too cool to sit for long in. 20-21c is good for an artificially heated room when sitting - anything about that and it gets stuffy. A naturally heated room can go plenty above that so long as you have windows open.

Posted

The house was 10C throughout when I arrived home this evening. What a difference no sun makes. Now basking in my living room at 19.7C, hallway heated to 13.5 and bedroom 17C

Posted

Indoor temp 13.5c (up from 13.1c when I got home - just shows what difference body heat and a laptop can make!). I do however have the window closed this evening :lol:

Now up to 14.8c

Who needs fossil fuels to warm a room eh? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Lowest temp this season in my living room today - currently 12.7c. Heating now on - only 3 hours till it warms up!

Posted

Made it to 20.5c after 6 hours of constant heating!

No doubt will drop to 13-14 overnight before heating briefly in the morning.

And here's the graph to prove it... Can see how fast it drops off after heating stops!

post-94-0-30637400-1290725389_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

My heating is on now since the winter set in! i never used it before 2wks ago. my elec bill is going be the only problem, bet it doubles, i worry about the elderly and im sure you all do during the severe cold they cant all afford heating and their most at risk.

Posted

On waking this morning with heating turned off since 10pm last night;

Living room 8.9C, bedroom 8.6C, hallway 8.9C, bedroom 3 (unheated) 6.5C, kitchen 8.3C

Now you know why I hate these freezing temps. My exposed, detached, rural bungalow is insulated with max loft 270mm and cavity walls have been done. I must be losing it all via the suspended wooden floors which are vented via two air bricks in each room. In comparison, my previous house (1930s semi with crappy storage heaters), rarely dropped below 10C even in un-heated rooms.

Posted

One unheated, and unused north-facing room with a drafty window is 6.5C. The living area is 20C. The office is currently 9.9C, so I'll need a good fire in there for monday morning — no heating during the weekend. Don't know the temperature of the bedrooms, unheated, so about 14C I'd guess.

Posted

-4C currently in my conservatory :o

Posted

Some light frost on the inside of the unheated room drafty window this morning. Temperature in the room is 5C, outside it's -8.9C.

Posted

I had a little ice build up on the inside of my 1st gen double glazed north facing bedroom window this morning. I woke at 3am (too hot in bed) and it was 8.6C inside and must have been -9ish outside. That's the first ice I've seen so far this winter. It should be less of a problem this year since I bought a desiccant dehumidifer that works down to 1C, whereas my old compressor one didn't collect much below 10C.

Posted

Dropped to 10.4c in my iving room earlier this morning before I put the heating on. Now a pleasant 13.1c (thermostat set at 14c)

Posted

Quickly dropped to 14c after being heated all evening. Heating on near enough non-stop to keep it at a comfortable 21c.

Will need to adjust it so it warms it enough for getting up for work. Monday mornings in winter are unpleasant enough without it being freezing in the house!