Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

Posted

Why you worried about me boss???

you will be amazed how quickly it arrives old bean

Start preparing a check list of everything you are going to bring. Don't leave it till the last minute.

Tom

yeah I will do thanks, I have sort of an A check list, but really needs updating!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I have got confirmation that I can get the time off work in may :D Will be either 3 weeks from the 13th or 20th of May, so I'll have a chance of bumping into a fair few of you guys out in the plains. Will have to confirm a date tonight because I need it booked out with work by tomorrow now... Hope flight prices are still good!

I doubt 2011 will top 2010 (24 tornadoes in 21 days for me) but to be honest... I'd just be happy to see some lighting again :) Only 1 day of storms since last May... Withdrawal symptoms are kicking in...

Posted

I have got confirmation that I can get the time off work in may :D Will be either 3 weeks from the 13th or 20th of May, so I'll have a chance of bumping into a fair few of you guys out in the plains. Will have to confirm a date tonight because I need it booked out with work by tomorrow now... Hope flight prices are still good!

I doubt 2011 will top 2010 (24 tornadoes in 21 days for me) but to be honest... I'd just be happy to see some lighting again :) Only 1 day of storms since last May... Withdrawal symptoms are kicking in...

well done..

nothing worse than thinking you cant go :clap:

Posted

It's made my day for sure! Now just hope we get 21 back to back slight risk days, as they performed the best last year for me with 18 of the 24 tornadoes in slight risks, only 4 in moderate risks and 2 on the high risk days :p

Posted

Ye, i seen that video Paul, should be fun hearing everyone asking us wer we all are from ... Im not looking forward to hearing them saying... "IORLAND" aye? ....:wallbash:

On a different note.... Have any of the fokes here chased a hurricane? :)

The last time a cop stopped me (for speeding) the sheriff said "Good to see you guys are finally getting along" referring me being the minority Irish and all the English in the back.

Posted

Had to laugh...

Ah hahahahahhaaha!.. that is a brilliant video ha!

Its mad , just as he says " CLEAR" ... BAM!!! ha, its like the gods wanted to revive him ha !

" The last time a cop stopped me (for speeding) the sheriff said "Good to see you guys are finally getting along" referring me being the minority Irish and all the English in the back.",

haha.. , i would of been like "..... ah ye , we only dont like each other at weekends now haha" , :smiliz64:

Posted

Wow some Winter Storm at the moment in Oklahoma and the Plains

Ok City at the moment at -8c :cold::shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Wow some Winter Storm at the moment in Oklahoma and the Plains

Ok City at the moment at -8c :cold::shok:

Good to hear.

Snow = Moisture = Fun times :D

Edited by TornadoJo

Posted

Good to hear.

Snow = Moisture = Fun times :D

Yep last year was very Snowy for the Plains and some depths were staggering, as you say once this melts everything goes green very quickly, Texas is on the same latitude as Parts of Africa and Kansas the same as Southern Spain so it will be like our Summer when we get out there. One thing that you might see this year (And what I saw a lot of in 2005 & 2006) is a very brown and dusty Texas more esp in the SW & Panhandle as they have not had a lot of rain, hopefully this changes when they get some early spring rains, the Dryline might be affected by this meaning it will be much further east in 2011 than in 2010, which would fit the bill of a La Nina Spring with things further east from I-35 Which will make it challenging and Interesting, I dont think Colorado and the Panhandle will be upto much this year, maybe abit later in the Season when the moisture starts returning a lot easier.

Paul S

Posted

Do not be rude :closedeyes:

no its just I think Claire hasnt seen it yet and a few other's

I thought you had a video of it against the large one in Norman...Remember :smiliz19:

I think I have the biggest one so far....though it cost me quite a few dollars in Walmart.

But hey cant complain it does the job well

If I find a pic of it will post

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

no its just I think Claire hasnt seen it yet and a few other's

I thought you had a video of it against the large one in Norman...Remember :smiliz19:

I think I have the biggest one so far....though it cost me quite a few dollars in Walmart.

But hey cant complain it does the job well

If I find a pic of it will post

What did I miss.....?:doh:

Yep last year was very Snowy for the Plains and some depths were staggering, as you say once this melts everything goes green very quickly, Texas is on the same latitude as Parts of Africa and Kansas the same as Southern Spain so it will be like our Summer when we get out there. One thing that you might see this year (And what I saw a lot of in 2005 & 2006) is a very brown and dusty Texas more esp in the SW & Panhandle as they have not had a lot of rain, hopefully this changes when they get some early spring rains, the Dryline might be affected by this meaning it will be much further east in 2011 than in 2010, which would fit the bill of a La Nina Spring with things further east from I-35 Which will make it challenging and Interesting, I dont think Colorado and the Panhandle will be upto much this year, maybe abit later in the Season when the moisture starts returning a lot easier.

Paul S

OOOh New US States to conquer........I BTW don't do California or Ohio !

Posted

What did I miss.....?:doh:

OOOh New US States to conquer........I BTW don't do California or Ohio !

Not a lot :whistling:

Dont think it even extends :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Not a lot :whistling:

Dont think it even extends :lol:

LOL I'm steering clear of this ...I don't think my innocent ears could take it :pardon:

Aha ! Fallen in :wallbash: I've been hit on the back on the head by it a few times !

Edited by duckeyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Pat

i cant help i looked and i only have a vid of the watch tower in Norman, it looked like your tripod. That is on highlights from 10 may I think.

Tom

Posted

Pat

i cant help i looked and i only have a vid of the watch tower in Norman, it looked like your tripod. That is on highlights from 10 may I think.

Tom

cheers Tom

Why is everyone talking about my TRIPOD..lol

If anyone thinking of buying a tripod they cant go wrong in Walmart.. :smiliz19:

Only bringing one this year as I have the hand held gadjet

Posted

Many People on here have heard me say about the 4 Year Cycle for Huge Outbreaks and Big EF5 Tornadoes. Well this pattern goes all the way back to 1991.

I will post over the next few days just some of those Big Tornadoes starting with the Andover (Ks) F5 Which destroyed thousands of Houses and nearly trashed Mckarren Air Force Base complete with Nuclear Armed Jets :help:

The guy in the video is a bit of a prat, apparantly he can take on an F5 But his wife cant :lol: Although he legs it when it gets close. If it appears to not be moving that is a tell tale sign it is coming str8 for you :lol:

The debris and Cars you can see getting thrown out is amazing in this clip

And Aftermath

1995 to come next, followed by the 1999 Oklahoma City F5, Then the 2003 Mega Outbreak (587 Tornadoes in 10 days) and then 2007 Greensburg EF5..........2011 Hmmmmmmm

Paul S

Posted

"gunna go up t the field up end of the street to see better..." errrrrm :o

6 mins in, are those guys just going for a leisurely walk?

Edited by Smokes

Posted

A few of those tornados on New Years Eve snuck into 2011 but everything on their site reports in CDT so they show up as still being on the 31st December. As it is it appears as though it's been a quiet January, but in reality, we were 1 day off being well above average if that outbreak had been a day later ;) Obviously, this has very little effect on our chances come spring and drawing comparisons with other years so early is probably a waste of energy, although a little fun if you take it with a grain of salt :)

Posted

As promised 1995 Next and another very good year for Tornadoes - 7 (F4's during this May and also the Pampa (Texas) Tornado in June of that Year.

Some Youtube Clips

- June 2nd Dimmit (Tx)

- June 9th Farmers Valley (Tx)

- June 8th 2nd Tornado after the Earlier Pampa Tor

- June 8th Pampa (Tx) Tornado

There are many more for May but in places like Illinois and Iowa, I wonder if this was another La Nina year which would fit the bill for a Late Texas Panhandle Season and an earlier Season further North and East.

Paul S