Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

Posted

Cool Pat, I'll probably end up on the same shuttle bus to the hotel as you anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

LOL..thx Claire..i was going to go to T2 :lol: .i would of got lost as normal :lol:

Arron going to head for the rsturant next door to get food and beer....I will be in there if u change your mind :hi:

No probs ..if you want to check use this link http://www.heathrowairport.com you just need to put your flight number and date in

Posted

Cheers Claire.. sweetie

Arron do u have to pre book shuttle mate to Hotel..just a thought

last time i took a taxi :nonono:

edit ..Claire i put myy flight number in and it says Libya

surely this is wrong :unsure:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Cheers Claire.. sweetie

Arron do u have to pre book shuttle mate to Hotel..just a thought

last time i took a taxi :nonono:

edit ..Claire i put myy flight number in and it says Libya

surely this is wrong :unsure:

shok.gif I'm pretty sure AA don't fly to Libya !! did you put AA in front of the flight number ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Regarding the hotel shuttle bus

You will need to have their phone number to hand and need to give them a ring to request the bus. I stood for an hour waiting and watched lots and lots of other buses before I asked someone. I had to go borrow a phone off someone in the police office. it took about 10 mins after that.

Tom

ps the shuttle bus came to the location where you pick up the bus for car rentals

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted

yes John....

Am I correct u need to arrange bus shuttle

Sorry Pat I dont remember. I got the shuttle before a few years ago and cant remember. Like you I got taxi last year. I didnt remember a wallmart either which was why i was asking :)

Posted

Regarding the hotel shuttle bus

You will need to have their phone number to hand and need to give them a ring to request the bus. I stood for an hour waiting and watched lots and lots of other buses before I asked someone. I had to go borrow a phone off someone in the police office. it took about 10 mins after that.

Tom

ps the shuttle bus came to the location where you pick up the bus for car rentals

thx John..

many thx Tom..i will sort this out then :drinks:

Posted

Yeah that's the one John, Walmart is just behind the fence on the left hand side as you look at the entrance :drunk:

Thanks Tom, I'll remember to grab the number :)

Posted

can I be nosey??

I have in recent yrs never counted really how I have spent over there..

what are people roughly allowing in English to spend from day one ect..

i was thinking of my grand total to spend around £700..NO more..for 21 days

anyone brave to say how much they are allowing>??

this includes Irving Hotel a day early

Edited by dogs32

Posted

5A-DAH. Flight :whistling:

:rofl: LOL I'm going miss you this year ... :cray: if you want ping me your flight details and I'll check if you want me to

can I be nosey??

I'm taking about the same to cover T1 and my minor detour to Canada, but that excludes the ipod I'm going to treat myself to

Edited by duckeyh

Posted

Clair, any chance you can treat me to an iPod also PLEASE with that much small change I'm sure you can afford 2 :air_kiss:

can I be nosey??

Pat

typically most people budget around $50-$60 a day to cover most things, as your on tour I would certainly think that'll do you, unless of course you've then go the expense of the Texan steak night out (only if you get a tornado (according to Mr S.!) which will certainly clear 2 days allowance.

For the two us of I'm budgetting about this sort of figure (x2) of course. I won't let Max go for the 72oz so keeping costs down :aggressive:

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Je suis d'avis pour 50 $ - 100 $ par jour selon le nombre de jours, nous avons le bas et combien vous buvez de la bière! :)

Sorry you said in english

I would allow for $50 - $100 per day depending how many down days we have and how much beer you drink!

Boom Boom

Edited by John Hanrahan

Posted

Will try to keep it down to 1 Visit per Tour at the Big Texan and also factor in we may go to Cow Camp which is about the same cost, a few of us are strapped for cash this year as well :nonono:

Remember though those sort of Restauarants are only dependant on Positioning and Spare Time, But Quentin I think we might get you there this year as you missed out last year.

Hope the Funeral goes well and hopefully after today you can look forward to heading stateside as I know from Pat it has been a tough month for you guys!

Posted

Will try to keep it down to 1 Visit per Tour at the Big Texan and also factor in we may go to Cow Camp which is about the same cost, a few of us are strapped for cash this year as well :nonono:

Remember though those sort of Restauarants are only dependant on Positioning and Spare Time, But Quentin I think we might get you there this year as you missed out last year.

Hope the Funeral goes well and hopefully after today you can look forward to heading stateside as I know from Pat it has been a tough month for you guys!

Thanks Paul, after a visit to hospital yesterday for a spinal injection and the funeral today, we shall both be glad to get this week over and then think about heading stateside.

You forgot to mention that visits to those sorts of restaurants are DEPENDANT ON THE WEATHER I hope, although maybe repositioning covers that.

I'm more concerned I pack everything.

As a lot of people are flying out on the BA193 on thursday, have we decided where to meet once through baggage and customs in Dallas, just in case we do miss one another in the baggage hall?

PS Max hasn't forgotten your promise :whistling:

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

cheers everyone..that makes me feel better.

Claire if u checked that flight in google u will come up Libya air..LOL

John..1olo are u kiddinbg man......are u going to nick all the beer :lol:

though u do have a point..

ok....going for 50 - 60 per day....hard times here :shok:

Posted

Quentin

As far as I know the rendevous point is still on the Friday at Car Rentals around 4pm as Mark lands at 315pm on the Friday.

On the Thursday myself, Ian C, Ian M and Tom have the task of sorting out the Cars after we land and then move onto the Best Western at Irving to kit out the cars, run errands to Walmart for Gaffer Tape and get other things like Batteries for the Weather Radios etc.

We will be going to the Olive Garden on the Thursday Evening and your all welcome to join us if staying in different Hotels around DFW, You might want to spend time looking around etc.

Friday morning will be spent installing Barons and making sure everything is in working order with the In Car Radios, Streaming and Internet etc before we make out way to Car Rentals to the rendevous point on Friday 29th April

John how are you meeting up with Pat and Arron etc as you will surely be on the Chase with Tour 2 as it goes into Tour 3, we might be chasing on the last day and travelling back to DFW Or have I missed something and got things wrong :pardon:

Posted

Thats a point forgot about John..

I was going to go straight to the resturant next door to Hotel if Petes up for it for a good meal and a few beers :drinks:

Im sure John wont turn this down :whistling:

or anyone else :drinks:

a good meal after a long flight

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Thats a point forgot about John..

I was going to go straight to the resturant next door to Hotel if Petes up for it for a good meal and a few beers :drinks:

Im sure John wont turn this down :whistling:

or anyone else :drinks:

a good meal after a long flight

i will be up for that Pat :drunk: not too many beers though will bring gps for pat just in case

just noticed my new tripop with paning video head has a catch that will not pass under the stereo plate :cc_confused: that i want to fit to it so as

i can have camcorder plus camera with lightning trigger on it going to have to try and find some sort off riser or even make one

to fit between plate and stereo bar any one got any ideas as i don't want to take or use 2 tripods to enable quick "get in the car" calls

will miss Jo's descriptive adjectives ordering us back into cars this year :acute: bag packing at moment

Posted

sorted Pete.lovely huge meal..yum..

only going to have a few pints myself mate.....looking forward to a nice meal though

havent bee n in that resturant....so hope its good

Edited by dogs32