Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Virtual Chase Thread 2011

Posted

Quite a dangerous evening ahead for CS AR with ingredients for numerous discrete supercells with tornadic potential - aided by an OFB from the activity now heading eastwards out of AR.

I think I would loiter south of the I30 in Fordyce with half an eye on the crossing an Pine Bluff. The 72 circa dps will encourage low-based storms and I wouldn't want to be in Wrong Turn county north of the I30.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Looks like a really active evening ahead. SPC have no less than 4 Mesoscale Discussions up on the site at the moment - is this a record?

Some very high CAPE values in TX at the mo. On the assumption that I stayed overnight in Abilene, I think DFW area as a base although I currently have no idea which way to go from there. Maybe West or North. We shall see. Will no doubt be texting and skyping with my mate in Kentucky again this evening as, looking at the MCS over western TN, it may be heading his way.

Busy year in the alley.......

Posted

Stunning Tornadic Supercell about to just miss the Fort Worth area to the South but could hit Dallas :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Not that I know much about all this (like many though facinated by storms/tornados) but like the decription of "Hen Egg" Hail... do they use sizing based on other bird eggs.... Duck Egg, Kestral Egg... vital to know your bird egg sizes ;) LOL

Im sure it will turn out Hen Egg is a perfectly vaild and well used phrase, but it made me laugh!

Posted

Yep

They look even better from the ground :clap: Bloody Helicopter starting to take Hailstones :wacko:

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

G'evening guys, cell in Denton looking very impressive, tornado looked imminent at one point, think the cell may be cycling once again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Would say things are about to get interesting on Texas Storm Chaser's stream on TVN soon- base beginning to tighten up.

jhav e you got a link plz?

gee

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Impressively low cloud base on that storm south of Ft Worth, though the supercell seems to have lost its tornadic signature for now, but a wall cloud is apparently developing on SW side of the storm near Itasca! Interesting to watch and see if it cycles and drops again soon.

Posted

Certainly is cycling Nick

Randy Denzer on TVN Got a great view of it

Also Very Nice Supercell West of Little Rock with Hook

Posted

It looks as if two more hook echo's are forming on that system. Looks like a busy afternoon for the guys out there.

Posted

1740 COLLIERVILLE SHELBY TN 3506 8968 TORNADO REPORTED TO EMA BY LAW ENFOREMENT (MEG)

1741 BARTLETT SHELBY TN 3522 8984 TORNADO REPORTED TO EMA BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. (MEG)

1859 9 ENE STEPHENVILLE ERATH TX 3228 9806 (FWD)

1907 4 NNW CHALK MOUNTAIN ERATH TX 3222 9795 LOCATED AT FM 205 AND FM 2481 (FWD)

1909 BROKEN BOW MCCURTAIN OK 3403 9474 SHERIFF OFFICE REPORTING NUMEROUS TREES DOWN ACROSS ROADS..ON HOMES AND WIDESPREAD POWER OUTAGES IN BROKEN BOW. (SHV)

1955 3 NW BIG FORK POLK AR 3451 9400 MAJOR TREE DAMAGE BETWEEN BIG FORK AND BOARD CAMP (LZK)

2010 8 SW CLEBURNE JOHNSON TX 3227 9750 NUMEROUS TREES UPROOTED IN CLEBURNE STATE PARK (FWD)

2012 8 SW CLEBURNE JOHNSON TX 3227 9750 TORNADO 1 MILE EAST OF CLEBURNE STATE PARK (FWD)

2036 1 SW TROUP CHEROKEE TX 3213 9514 DPS OFFICER REPORTING BRIEF TORNADO TOUCHDOWN NEAR TROUP (SHV)

2038 1 SE TROUP CHEROKEE TX 3213 9511 LAW ENFORCEMENT REPORTING TREES DOWN ON FM 13 SOUTHEAST OF TROUP. (SHV)

2055 10 ENE DOVER STEWART TN 3654 8768 PUBLIC REPORTED A TORNADO ON THE GROUND JUST NORTH OF HIGHWAY 79 NEAR THE MONTGOMERY-STEWART COUNTY LINE. (OHX)

2123 1 SE ITASCA HILL TX 3216 9714 (FWD)