Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Met just issued RED warning for rain through central Scotland etc. Not on web yet, was on BBC news

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Met just issued RED warning for rain through central Scotland etc. Not on web yet, was on BBC news

Yeah I went on the UK Met site looking too......but still nothing. It's always something of an anoraky thrill to see a Red warning......and looks like anoraks will be most useful on this occasion too.

Posted

Looking at the radar it seems the rain became somewhat less intense. Worst seems to be a bit further north too. Rainfall total 12mm so far here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Rain Today radar is impressive just now - a slow rotating blanket of rain in various stages of downpour.

The sat 24 link shows the extent of the system wrapped up in the low - extends over Scandanavia and reaches down SSW over continental Europe.

The low positioned off Ireland is a perfect cog in a dual system.

Fortunately the major cells are over the North Sea.

Let's hope not too many folk are affected in their homes and also on the roads..

http://floodline.sepa.org.uk/floodupdates/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Sorely tempted to swallow a french dictionary today. This is dire stuff and no sign of any change for the next few days.

Posted

As I have always said to the family fine day for going out its torrential rain and cannot do anything on the farm. So we took ourselves off in the car for a family day out at the new Sainburys in Nairn. What sad people.!!!!! although it was packed with other sad people. Currently 10 c and ground now saturated.When will this rain stop? The number of grey days this summer has been really depressing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Yep, after a wet July August is coming in even wetter. 14 mms here today but rain lighter than expected. 26 mms fell pm yesterday and my monthly total is 81 mms. Average August here is 40 something mms I believe.

Pretty cool today also. Max of 13.0c.

Edited by Norrance

Posted

The Roads were bad today trying to travel along the B9006 from Clephanton towards Inverness – ultimately impassable. A lot of lying and gushing water between Croy and the Culloden Moor Caravan Park, the area down towards Balloch near the Feabuie the fields were like lakes and the road only passable with caution. Barn Church Road junction closed and major tailbacks on the A96. Inverness also had several problem areas especially in Moray Park and down by the Longman/Harbour areas. Too much concrete and new developments.....the rain has nowhere to go..

More heavy rain predicted, but very little about the specific difficulties on individual roads in news bulletins other than at Belladrum.

Dry tonight.....but feeling cool at 11C

More heavy rain tomorrow morning and possibly another dousing on Wednesday!

Posted

Wet night and very autumnal out there this morning. August is rapidly going down the gurgler...

Posted

Great morning with plenty of blue in the sky. I do agree that this is a very autumnal sunny morning and not like your typical August morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Cool, grey & windy all day with occasional sharp showers. Quite autumnal, as already said here and heard elsewhere today. Summer is always the shortest season.

I passed the new Sainsbury's at Nairn, noting the full carpark: supermarkets are the churches of the 21st Century.

Posted

Cool, grey & windy all day with occasional sharp showers. Quite autumnal, as already said here and heard elsewhere today. Summer is always the shortest season.

I passed the new Sainsbury's at Nairn, noting the full carpark: supermarkets are the churches of the 21st Century.

Yes the Temple of Tesco and the Shrine of Sainsburys. Just coluldn"t resist it!!!!!!

Posted

Ooops guilty....have visited the Temple and the Shrine today!!

Feeling milder.....now waiting for the rain to arrive tonight... 14C

So glad I live in the peaceful north, what a horrific situation to live with down in London and other cities in England at this time.

Posted

Evening all, nicer day today, even got the lawn mowed, which is now looking very lush..... (thanks SS)

post-2849-0-89599400-1312925700_thumb.jp

Currently grey and 12C with a chilly breeze. Great shot oot back of the sun and it's halo through the high cloud.

post-2849-0-74680700-1312925635_thumb.jp

Gilly, not going to comment on riots as would get into a lot of trouble, but agree it's terrible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Brr chilly this evening, feeling very like an Autumn evening, heavier cloud making the sunset seem like a shorter day..

As for rioters - This.

post-7292-0-75840200-1312933212_thumb.gi

Posted

P.H.T. symptoms have returned only to be made worse by torrential rain again this morning. Cool conditions are good though for stacking hay in the shed currently 9c.(Pre Harvest Tension For anyone wondering!!!!!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Steady rain here too. Over 20 mms so far today. Temps have crept up to a staggering 11c in the last hour or so. :whistling: