Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Scotland has given the world many things; the bicycle, the telephone, golf, and Mondy. But to show there are no hard feelings, here's a thread to discuss anything weather-related which is specifically Scottish over the course of the spring and summer.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Scotland has given the world many things; the bicycle, the telephone, golf, and Mondy. But to show there are no hard feelings, here's a thread to discuss anything weather-related which is specifically Scottish over the course of the spring and summer.

Great stuff OON!

Appreciated :good:

Here's tae a warm Spring and a Long Hot Dry Summer 8)

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Here's tae a warm Spring and a Long Hot Dry Summer 8)

With heavy snow in July. That's what living up here is all about.

Much appreciated OON!:drinks:

NW GFS ensembles stuck on yesterdays 18Z???

Posted

Nice to have this wee thread for the foreseeable. Been nice now for a wee while, but looks like it ends tonight\tomorrow.

Amazed to see Lady (our national treasure Osprey) has returned to her nest for the 22nd year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-12891743

Posted

Site been getting days of DDOS attacks so will think it may be a wee while to sort all oot.

Posted

Site been getting days of DDOS attacks so will think it may be a wee while to sort all oot.

That would explain a few things of recent, but if that is the score I must ask... What sado would DDOS a weathersite/ forum? I mean eh...that's like, well, seriously worryingly more geeky than posting on one :D

Russian government site - wow. Pentagon - kudos. Netweather? Move out of your parent's house and get a girlfriend and/or haircut. Honestly.

EDIT. Must be some dude like this LOL:

Quality.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

That would explain a few things of recent, but if that is the score I must ask... What sado would DDOS a weathersite/ forum? I mean eh...that's like, well, seriously worryingly more geeky than posting on one :D

Russian government site - wow. Pentagon - kudos. Netweather? Move out of your parent's house and get a girlfriend and/or haircut. Honestly.

EDIT. Must be some dude like this LOL:

Quality.

good.gifrofl.gif Nothing wrong with a bit of Belinda Carlise!!!!

I wonder what this will do for the Weegie weather? http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Video-Japan-Radioactive-Iodine-Traces-Detected-In-Glasgow-After-Tsunami-And-Earthquake-Disaster/Article/201103415962260?f=rss

Posted

Thank you OON :clap:

Been a lovely day today....very pleasant indeed. No doubt the calm before the storm (rain)

Nice to have this wee thread for the foreseeable. Been nice now for a wee while, but looks like it ends tonight\tomorrow.

Amazed to see Lady (our national treasure Osprey) has returned to her nest for the 22nd year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...entral-12891743

Yes that was fantastic news.....amazing birds.

Posted

Thank you OON :clap:

Been a lovely day today....very pleasant indeed. No doubt the calm before the storm (rain)

Yes that was fantastic news.....amazing birds.

Best one has to be the pair that nest on the Vodafone mast on Loch Awe at Cruachan. Direct access to the Trout farm below.

Posted

Aye SS, just enough tae keep the beers chilled oan they rare BBQ nights :drunk::drinks:

Big Innes

Posted

Another wet spell for us in Kilt Land noo then :wallbash:

Ah see the Southerners starting to brag aboot a possible 20 Deg C on Friday and the annual SE/NW divide (Bassas) :aggressive:

On another note!

Anyone else think that wee eck came out best on the TV Political thingy last night?

Scottish Labour leader Iain Gray is gonnae prove tae be a liability to the party me thinks :closedeyes:

Any time I see/here him, it always comes over as him being more interested in trying to rubbish the current Scottish Government rather than him being upbeat and positive in what Scottish Labour can and will do :fool:

Thoughts!

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted

Another wet spell for us in Kilt Land noo then :wallbash:

Ah see the Southerners starting to brag aboot a possible 20 Deg C on Friday and the annual SE/NW divide (Bassas) :aggressive:

On another note!

Anyone else think that wee eck came out best on the TV Political thingy last night?

Scottish Labour leader Iain Gray is gonnae prove tae be a liability to the party me thinks :closedeyes:

Any time I see/here him, it always comes over as him being more interested in trying to rubbish the current Scottish Government rather than him being upbeat and positive in what Scottish Labour can and will do :fool:

Thoughts!

Big Innes

I have serious misgivings about all the parties Big Innes. Fed up with politicians in fact. Mostly they are in it for job protectionism! This applies to MSP's MP's and even worse with MEP's who have huge expenses. We would be better out of Europe and functioning with a European Free Trade Agreement.

Rant finished.<_<

Dreich day...a little cold spell coming up in four days or so.

Edited by Gilly

Posted

I have serious misgivings about all the parties Big Innes. Fed up with politicians in fact. Mostly they are in it for job protectionism! This applies to MSP's MP's and even worse with MEP's who have huge expenses. We would be better out of Europe and functioning with a European Free Trade Agreement.

Rant finished.dry.gif

Dreich day...a little cold spell coming up in four days or so.

Aye Gilly,

Definition of politician: :whistling:

Professional Liar :D

Big Innes.

Posted

Thank you OON. Will be great to get the local perspective on hay and harvest forecasts. In the meantime forecasts of a drier than aveage spring will at least be countered by the snow we had in mid March unlike further south where dry weather may have a serious effect on crop growth and yields.

Posted

Whats with the new meto warnings? The new tiny green maps are shocking! I think the concept is cool with the yellow symbols at the top of the page and how it is drawn onto the map, but it's impossible to see the warnings by area at a glance on the front page.

Posted

Whats with the new meto warnings? The new tiny green maps are shocking! I think the concept is cool with the yellow symbols at the top of the page and how it is drawn onto the map, but it's impossible to see the warnings by area at a glance on the front page.

Wow, looks like they stuck the map on a severe diet!!!

Damp day here, but cleared towards sunset, and that cold hint to the breeze has gone.

Posted

Wow, looks like they stuck the map on a severe diet!!!

OMG. That is ugly. Hurts the eyes just to look. Was fine before (albeit lack of red warnings where due), now all low res mini squeezed crap with silly wind socks etc.

Oh, and Ireland is a fuzzy grey blob because it's nice and independent......:whistling:

Grey day here overall with some fairly heavy but very transient showers late afternoon.

Posted

Currently perssssisting it down here and has been all morning :cray:

Looks like my TV screen will be covered in weetabix next week as South of the border will be basking and bragging about it on the breakfast telly, while I sit looking oot at more pi55y weather :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Bassas :D

Mind you!

It's Mrs Big Innes that I feel sorry for :( dried in weetabix takes some shifting fae a telly screen :o

Big Innes.

Posted

Currently perssssisting it down here and has been all morning :cray:

Looks like my TV screen will be covered in weetabix next week as South of the border will be basking and bragging about it on the breakfast telly, while I sit looking oot at more pi55y weather :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Bassas :D

Mind you!

It's Mrs Big Innes that I feel sorry for :( dried in weetabix takes some shifting fae a telly screen :o Big Innes.

LOLOLOL :clap::rofl:

Och well Big Innes we can at least brag we get a better winter.

Having lived down south for many years, I must say I hated the hot humid nights when the air felt almost devoid of oxygen!!

Posted

LOLOLOL :clap::rofl:

Och well Big Innes we can at least brag we get a better winter.

Having lived down south for many years, I must say I hated the hot humid nights when the air felt almost devoid of oxygen!!

Aye ah know, ah know Gilly :rolleyes:

But, Ohh!

Those Su-ummer,

Ni-ights

Tell me more, tell me mo-ore- ore :D

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Big Innes

Posted

Aye ah know, ah know Gilly :rolleyes:

But, Ohh!

Those Su-ummer,

Ni-ights

Tell me more, tell me mo-ore- ore :D

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Big Innes

:lol::lol::lol:Watch your Blood Pressure Big Innes....yer imagination is running away with you!!

ps didn't know you were a singer!!!

Edited by Gilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Gadzooks it was wet this morning. Sunny now, or it would be if it hadn't set... :closedeyes: yes a long day in the mud...

Good to see we can share our weather thoughts all year long. I can report on aestival subterranean temp variations for you...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Breezy here too this afternoon with gusts reaching 60mph. Not cold now though. This morning heavy rain and cool. Grass started to grow this week and just about ready for first cut.