Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Another lovely day here with warm hazy sunshine no wind and currently 17c.Cows enjoying their fresh grass but calves still inside so cows will come in later to feed them . If the weather turns appreciably cooler next week it will have been the right decision to have only a partial turnout this early.

Has climbed to 20c now, the trees are just racing into leaf and one tree we passed this morning was literally humming with bumble bees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Has climbed to 20c now, the trees are just racing into leaf and one tree we passed this morning was literally humming with bumble bees.

Peaked at 22.5 C here, still 22 although a bit more hazy with some cloud coming in.

I'm pleased to see that my efforts to seed the verge across the road with wild/cottage garden flowers (lupins, big daisies, aquilegia (my favourite) etc) is bearing fruit - lots of second year growth appearing to taking hold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

No haar and warmer, still just about 22C max. Car reckoned 24C well inland. I was out early enough to catch the dawn stillness on some lochs. Magic.

All downhill for the summer now I guess. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

A stonking max of 20.8c here today to cap the wee warm spell. Hopefully, the sun will return soon.

Posted

Well my comments earlier were rubbish, got to 23.1 here today. Spent it at local farm with the wee un's, followed by Roast Beef on the deck...... mmmmmmmm Still 14.7C with 2 of the we un's somewhere doon the street.

PS reinvested in a new BBQ this weekend as old gas one was........... well crap in a word.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11418215&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372012}/categories%3C{9372023}/categories%3C{9211019}/categories%3C{9842012}/specificationsProductType=charcoal_barbecues&ecamp=crt

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

Still 14C. What a cracking day.!! Back to cooler weather from tomorrow.............shame I was just getting uses to short sleeves again.:whistling:

Posted

And still 14C here too! Just a tease though as usuaadnklasdfjklkasdaaaaaaaaaaaa

o dear ketboarditisaaaaaaaaaastucaaaaaaaaa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

All downhill for the summer now I guess. :whistling:

Didn't quite reach 20C up here. Maxed-out at 19.8C. But yes, wasn't it lovely. Did we all enjoy Summer 2011?

I can't deny I'll welcome the slide into the usual gubbins of wind, sun, showers and coolness :-)

Posted

morning all. fantastic weekend. Saturday slightly hazier and cool temps of 13/14C here, but in the sun was lovely. yesterday was "Scottish hot", perhaps nudged 20C or beyond here on the coast though never looked at a thermo.

We had a spot or two of rain from the remnants of one band of rain, getting brighter now before a second band reaches here this afternoon. Could do with a bit of rain for the garden actually but suspect by time it gets here will be not up to much. then nice day tomorrow, though much cooler, then cloudy generally for rest of week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

22'C in Inverness on Sunday, was truly beautiful - even the slight wind was warm! Went down to the river, played football for a couple of hours then went down to Loch An Eilean for a BBQ and some drinks (and all on the Sabbath!) - really enjoyed it. Heavy rain showers and cooler with ocassional bursts of sunshine today - hoping for a little more warm weather soon :)

Posted

Rain to start, sun to lunch over and wind to end it with..... typical spring weather. Top today of 14.1C. At least the Pool gubbed the Manc's again... :drunk:

Posted

Rain to start, sun to lunch over and wind to end it with..... typical spring weather. Top today of 14.1C. At least the Pool gubbed the Manc's again... :drunk:

Aye, today wasn't so bad. Not a pinch on the weekend but sun out a lot and garden coming on strong, so hey ho.

Are we now in 'search for sun mode' officially?

Just so I know how to bias my posts.:lol:

Posted

Aye, today wasn't so bad. Not a pinch on the weekend but sun out a lot and garden coming on strong, so hey ho.

Are we now in 'search for sun mode' officially?

Just so I know how to bias my posts.:lol:

Aye, search for sun mode it has to be from now on.

Not a bad start today, lots of blue but 6C was a wee shock after the weekend.

Posted

Nice and sunny today after yesterdays cool and blustery. Little rain yesterday, ground baked and solid.

Just reaching 10C and no more today - in sun nice, out of soon chilly! Snow for the tops of the hills today I see on the web cams.

The week looks to be improving is my take on the basic weather forecasts. Seems a bit cooler and some interesting beefy showers in the west today but for rest of week More sun symbols and a bit higher temps across Scotland. Nice.

Posted

Can we have a 'sun & heatwave search' mode too? 8) I live in hope... :whistling:

Was a good spring day with sun and showers. Needed gloves 1st thing, sunhat by mid-afternoon. After tomorrow's dampness, maybe a slight improvement and a nice weekend ahead. For some anyway!

Posted

Clear and down to 3c for the second night in a row. Lovely mostly sunny day with just occasional sharp showers and blustery wind Quite cool though and Ben Wyvis across the Firth had a fresh cap of snow this morning. This is my favourite type of spring weather with dust instead of mud on the farm.

Posted

Clear and down to 3c for the second night in a row. Lovely mostly sunny day with just occasional sharp showers and blustery wind Quite cool though and Ben Wyvis across the Firth had a fresh cap of snow this morning. This is my favourite type of spring weather with dust instead of mud on the farm.

Yep, I love generally dry with the occasional shower to water the plants. First cut of the lawn will be this weekend - been holding off to give the crocus time to bulb well. Daffs in full bloom, bluebells flowering, tulips should flower shoot soon, lupins off to a great start, aquilegia too.

Got a huge amount of garden work to do as our extension could start within the next month or two - lots of bulb and root moving needed before a large part of the garden turns into a building site.

Hope for high pressure now!

http://www.netweather.tv/ecmimages2/20110412/12/ecmt850.120.png

http://www.netweather.tv/ecmimages2/20110412/12/ecmt850.216.png

Posted

It was a cold day in that wind yesterday....fresh snow on the higher moutains.

I yearn for a spell of warm sunny weather having had a wee taster at the weekend!

Today starts cloudy with temps of 6C and a slight breeze.

Posted

It was a cold day in that wind yesterday....fresh snow on the higher moutains.

I yearn for a spell of warm sunny weather having had a wee taster at the weekend!

Today starts cloudy with temps of 6C and a slight breeze.

Looks like a gloomy day ahead; odd spots of rain here now. Not feeling so enthusiastic about getting out today but someone's gotta pay the mortgage...

Posted

Looks like a gloomy day ahead; odd spots of rain here now. Not feeling so enthusiastic about getting out today but someone's gotta pay the mortgage...

Aye and a few sharp heavy showers here too!

Maybe we should use the reverse psychology now and be hoping for storms and rain ...then perhaps we would get sunshine and warmth? :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

So what are we thinking of the prospects once the high takes control at the weekend again?

Bloomin chilly here today and too windy for my liking!!

Back to winter coat and boots today!! brrr

Posted

Yes Snowy....feel we have gone back a month now, time to get the old semmit back out again.

I should have listened to the 'old wife' Ne'er cast a cloot till May is oot!!:(

Posted

Not too bad a day here, some sunshine, but chilly. Started at 6C and doubt it got above 12c all day. Ended with drizzle, which still persists. Weekend looking pleasant though.

Posted

Cloudy but slightly warmer today. Everything very dry. Struggled to 10C yesterday but felt colder - considered lighting the fire at one point while drooling watching master chef.

Warmer again tomorrow and the weekend mid to high teens on the cards? Not sure how much sun there will be - met office saying fair bit of cloud but improving as weekend goes, and the start to next week look even better. Beyond that who knows but it is bound to break down in time for Easter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny spells here and feeling quite mild at 14.6c, the day's max so far. Nice fresh breeze too.

Edited by Norrance