Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

I do hope the weekend is a wee bit warmer with the sun over in Dunoon. Another nice day here, blue sky lots of Sun but still a wee chill lingering.

That wee chill is just the dry air, low dew points will keep the feel of the temp down.

I know a couple of good off-licences over that way :lol:

I'll wave down to Port Glasgow when you drive past, it'll be a nice clear day for it :) :)

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

That wee chill is just the dry air, low dew points will keep the feel of the temp down.

I know a couple of good off-licences over that way :lol:

I'll wave down to Port Glasgow when you drive past, it'll be a nice clear day for it :) :)

Will be passing through Port aboot 11ish as need supplies from Tesco

Will be passing through Port aboot 11ish as need supplies from Tesco

That's about five minutes from my front door...are you staying with friends in Dunoon or camping/hoteling?

Posted

That's about five minutes from my front door...are you staying with friends in Dunoon or camping/hoteling?

Long weekend @ Hunters Quay, we seem to be good omens there, as yet to see a rain day when we have been over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Sun trying to break through here and succeeding at times. 15C.

Thinking about having a wee republican garden party here if it turns out nice this afternoon.:whistling:

Posted

Fantastic day again here with unbroken sunshine after a marvellous sunrise but not terribly warm at 14c.Hopefully there will be some dry weather left for the summer.

Posted

17 C and clouding over. Band of showers heading for me from the SE. Nobody to blame but myself - should never have mentioned the prospect of showers for the SE of England (although there is a band moving in there too).:whistling:

Still, garden quite dry so could do with a water.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A bit warmer here today than I expected in the Easterly breeze with a max of 15.5c. 3.3c was the min. Another air frost not too far inland last night.

Looking like a record warm April down South in Central Englandshire.

Posted

A bit warmer here today than I expected in the Easterly breeze with a max of 15.5c. 3.3c was the min. Another air frost not too far inland last night.

Looking like a record warm April down South in Central Englandshire.

HELP!

Mrs SS (French) is forcing me to watch a re-run of some toffs getting married. Anyone got a sick bag?

Sheesh, what is it with women and weddings.:lol:

Not a bad day here overall, generally cloudy with the sun breaking through at times. ~17 C at peak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

HELP!

Mrs SS (French) is forcing me to watch a re-run of some toffs getting married. Anyone got a sick bag?

Sheesh, what is it with women and weddings.:lol:

Not purely the reserve of women, it seems. Only three posts today have alluded to wedding gubbins and they've all been yours :lol:

Go on, embrace your closet monarchist.

Posted

I know the feeling SS, Mrs now watching after watching live while I loaded car earlier. Lovely day here in Dunoon, but a strong breeze now blowing. Topped 18c on the ferry over circa 3pm.

Posted

Go on, embrace your closet monarchist.

LOL. If he was descended from the Bruce, I'd maybe have the lion rampant bunting out. Hell, I'd marry Robert the Bruce - do my bit for the cause and all that :D

However, I just don't understand how some normal bloke that eats and farts like the rest of us getting married warrants widespread TV coverage and the front page of BBC news. And what has William Saxe-Coburg Gotha (ancient German Family - 'Windsor' is made up / deed poll to hide this rather undesirable fact) go to do with being British? Certainly ain't Scottish. I suppose I can admit to being interested in why people are interested....

Anyway, Scottish republican rant over. Telly back to normal.:lol:

High pressure looks like the continuing theme, which could start to introduce problems farming-wise. In the end, showers did not make it here and garden starting to look just a little dry.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Beautiful day here too but the Easterly breeze just taking the edge off the temps which maxed at 14.7c. Speaking to my brother earlier who tells me it is pretty warm inland. Yet again there was an air frost inland last night though here the East wind kept the temps up at 7c.

Edited by Norrance

Posted

19C with a warm breeze.

Cracking day out in the garden tidying up.

I'm sure we will pay for it and bring in colder weather......it usually does!!

Posted

Another amazing day made it to 20c this afternoon with unbroken sunshine and a strong east wind. Crops must be coming under stress even here with constantly high evapotranspiration rates from all green plants.

Some very low humidities too adding to the drying process with my small Oregon weather station claiming the outside air is at 25% RH .

Practically Mrs Northernlights says the washing is drying in record time especially with the strong east wind

Posted

Been stunning here all day, topped 21c and felt very warm away from the breeze. Another repeat tomorrow? Ps cheers for tip CMD, nice wee shop in Kirn.

Posted

Clear blue skies again today with the current temp 14.4c. Still that Easterly breeze off the North Sea keeping the temps down a touch.

Inland some quite large daily temperature variances appearing with the frosty nights and sunny days. Aviemore down to -2.5c last night and already up above 16c today. Yesterday Aberfeldy hit 19c and was down below -2c last night.

Edited by Norrance

Posted

Absolutely cracking day here. Blue skies, sun splitting the heavens, 19.6 C already and it's only half past twelve.

Whole day in the garden methinks. Just about done on the lawn, but plenty weeding still needing done. After that....

bbq.gif

+

:drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all! Well it looks as if there's another lovely day on the cards after a beautiful weekend. Patchy cloud here this morning but I'm sure it will break up. Just been in the model thread and it looks at the moment that next weekend could be a cracker? Here's hoping! Wonder how long this very dry spell will last?

Posted

Clear blue skies here now but there was cloud earlier coming in from the North Sea. Cooler at 12.2c with a breeze.

Posted

Another lovely day with temps at 7.20pm still at 17C and promise of another good day tomorrow.

Temps look ready to soar over the weekend..........time to get the deck chairs out now.

Posted

Morning all! Well it looks as if there's another lovely day on the cards after a beautiful weekend. Patchy cloud here this morning but I'm sure it will break up. Just been in the model thread and it looks at the moment that next weekend could be a cracker? Here's hoping! Wonder how long this very dry spell will last?

Hopefully we should get some rain thursday into friday before the progged hot weekend. Certainly my garden could do with a wee water - really starting to dry with only morning mist giving it some moisture.

http://www.netweather.tv/fax/PPVM89.png

Warm on saturday and if the clouds clear, could feel really quite hot:

http://www.netweather.tv/ecmimages2/20110502/12/ecmt850.120.png

Still looking like high pressure to dominate in the medium term at least, even post lower pressure intrusion at the end of the week.

http://www.netweather.tv/ensimages/ens.20110502/12/prmslMidlothian.png

Posted

I was hoping for a BQ on Sunday (my birthday) after my exams. Unfortuantly, it looks like Low Pressure would start to influence things later in the week with the potential for Thunder.