Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Not quite haar here, but a steady onshore breeze sometimes dragging light mist in kept the temp down near the coast - could have maxed at 14C or so. Shame as it started really well with bright sun and still.

A repeat tomorrow?

Are we all hoping for sunshine for the genetically disabled one and the daft cow in London next weekend? Yeah.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Honest gov!!!!!

Nope just escaped. We are about 60m outside the exclusion zone, and it would have taken a big fire to dry let alone burn my back lawn.

Just found this - my lawn advice but in plain English with nice pics etc...

http://www.recyclenow.com/home_composting/using_your_compost/dressing_your_lawn.html

Far clearer than my explanation!

Posted

Not quite haar here, but a steady onshore breeze sometimes dragging light mist in kept the temp down near the coast - could have maxed at 14C or so. Shame as it started really well with bright sun and still.

A repeat tomorrow?

Are we all hoping for sunshine for the genetically disabled one and the daft cow in London next weekend? Yeah.

Hope it improves a wee bit as we plan on going to the BI animal park on Saturday.

Posted

A repeat tomorrow?

I've got the wee w1.gifall day tomorrow. Nice as I'm on hols.

What's going on in London next weekend? Something important happening? :whistling:

Posted

Hope it improves a wee bit as we plan on going to the BI animal park on Saturday.

Not the one up the road from here surely? Haar haar...

I've got the wee w1.gifall day tomorrow. Nice as I'm on hols.

What's going on in London next weekend? Something important happening? :whistling:

Apparently so. Viva la republica. What's your summer rubber of choice then? Not Goodrich AT I guess? Were you tempted to leave the sticky winters on?

Posted

What's your summer rubber of choice then? Not Goodrich AT I guess? Were you tempted to leave the sticky winters on?

Back to the Pirelli p-zero rossos..... Standard on the Leon FR as far as I know.

Corners like a dream on the these (not slicks of course, but between summers and all seasons) but they are a bit noisey.

Thinking about these for future summer use given the winters I've just put into hibernation from the same co are top notch:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Sessanta_2.htm

Posted

WTF??? Latest GFS shows dreadful dire dross for next week. Where's our summer gone? Oh... woops, this is Scotland! <_<

Posted

WTF??? Latest GFS shows dreadful dire dross for next week. Where's our summer gone? Oh... woops, this is Scotland! dry.gif

Aye, looks like something a bit more April-like for a few days, but then a return of the 'post-modern spring high' afterwards....

http://www.netweather.tv/fax/PPVJ89.png

http://www.netweather.tv/fax/PPVO89.png

http://www.netweather.tv/ensimages/ens.20110422/00/prmslMidlothian.png

On hols today. Proper hols I mean. Mrs SS at work and wee one at nursery. Peace and tranquility....

Posted

Sun now starting to peek through, and aboot to set off for Forres for the long weekend

HC, yep that be the one, you'll hear us coming at 20 paces with the wee un's in the back

Posted

Damn onshore breeze amd slight mistiness means that I'm outside in 3 layers and still chilled. Looks to be getting worse too, more like haar in the last while. Damn.

Posted

Damn onshore breeze amd slight mistiness means that I'm outside in 3 layers and still chilled. Looks to be getting worse too, more like haar in the last while. Damn.

19.9 C here now - just to rub it in. :lol:

I'm luckily well inland with a nice line of hills to keep the Haar away.

Posted

19.9 C here now - just to rub it in. :lol:

I'm luckily well inland with a nice line of hills to keep the Haar away.

Ha. No haar now. Nice n sunny and no breeze. 20C ish. Good enough for sitting on the grass!!

Posted

Ha. No haar now. Nice n sunny and no breeze. 20C ish. Good enough for sitting on the grass!!

Nae snow in the winter. Haar in the spring. What's it like in summer / Autumn up there?:D

Gone hazy here. Should have kept my trap shut.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

A lovely day after the haar disappeared! Sun still shining and current temps after 6pm still 17C. All bodes well for tomorrowl

Posted

Glorious drive north. 18 to 20c all the way. Lots of snow on the peaks from Just south of Drumochter. Now clear to pleasant 14c in Forres.

Posted

Glorious drive north. 18 to 20c all the way. Lots of snow on the peaks from Just south of Drumochter. Now clear to pleasant 14c in Forres.

Cairngorm tows finally shutting this monday 25th. Thats 6 months of continous snowsports on offer this season. Better than some alpine resorts.

Last three seasons have been brilliant for the Scottish skiing industry - long may that continue!

Posted

Cairngorm tows finally shutting this monday 25th. Thats 6 months of continous snowsports on offer this season. Better than some alpine resorts.

Last three seasons have been brilliant for the Scottish skiing industry - long may that continue!

:cc_confused: a snowboarding friend reckons it's been pretty crap at Cairngorn for a while. Not been near there for a while so can't say really.

Ahem... summer weather here is generally warm, cloudy & dry to damp. Same as the other 3 seasons really! :mellow: Depends what you want I guess. It's just the haar that's a royal pain (oops, must be catching) for us easties.

Mid afternoon on was lovely - glad I was outside for most of it. :good:

I hope they celebrated with a BBQ...

First line of showers has now passed through, interesting angle, Glasgow to Crianlarich??

Posted

:cc_confused: a snowboarding friend reckons it's been pretty crap at Cairngorn for a while.

Last two seasons were better, particuarly for heavy snow to the end of the season. However, Cas shut this past week but sun and shades in the upper bowl on the go still with big kickers etc (I'm to old for that mind :D ).

Main thing is there has been snow the past 3-4 winters. Gone are the days of waiting for a wee dump then rushing up to rock hop before it melts in January +15 C wet SE's. Fingers crossed that goes on.

EDIT. Anyone got any spare bubblewrap? I need maybe 10 square miles worth....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-13114094

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

I spoke too soon! Still hoping we have a good day.

A few heavy showers this morning and still grey current temps 12C.

Posted

I spoke too soon! Still hoping we have a good day.

A few heavy showers this morning and still grey current temps 12C.

Slight shower recently, damp, low cloud and not very warm now; more showery slops due later. Good job it's the weekend & I don't have to go out :whistling: Can do some baking - kugelhopf & gewurtztraminer vt later :yahoo:

I seem to be reacting badly to early season insect bites this year... <_<

Posted

Slight shower recently, damp, low cloud and not very warm now; more showery slops due later. Good job it's the weekend & I don't have to go out :whistling: Can do some baking - kugelhopf & gewurtztraminer vt later :yahoo:

I seem to be reacting badly to early season insect bites this year... <_<

Get some antihistimine creams or tablets......I can empathise, having a similar problem.

Enjoy your kugelhopf & gewurtztraminer :good:

Blooming cold now......12C and light showers passing over.

Posted

Can concur with HC, although it did improve as the afternoon went on. Should have popped in if I would have known the baking was going on.Currently 9c with a soft breeze now.