Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

One In 3 Year Event Priofolla

pyrotech

Posted

As night falls on the 31st of March an extraordinary event will happen caused by alignments of the 2 major planets in conection with a full moon.

The sounds emited from a huge dying star will clearly be heard as the sound travels light years accross the Solar system.

Enhanced by the soundwaves bouncing off 3 close to Earth objects allow us to hear what is normally only heard on radio telescopes and occasionally on HF radio systems.

Huge red dwarf star Priofolla (situated 20deg south of constellation of scorpio) emits a clearly identifiable noise resembling a low humming sound with high pitch whistles. The star imploded many years ago and experts believe the actual sound of the implosion of the star may well occur this week.

To listen to Priofolla you need to be outside anytime between 23:45 hrs 31st March through till 3am the next morning.

The sound is barely audible, however if you lie down and cup your hands around your ear the sound will be amplified to 30db.

The best news is you do not need clear skies to listen to Priofolla and it may be audible on nights following but to a lesser degree and shorter time frame.

If as predicted the sound of Priofolla imploding and becoming a blackhole happens ( predicted to occur after midnight) you will be among the first ever to hear a blackhole form. The event its self happened 210,000 years ago.

The sounds from Priofolla will continue for many years due to the low frequency sound waves, the sound of the implosion is a one off event and due to the extreme event this sound travels 1000 times faster than the low background noise. The implosion is likely to sound like a large prolonged roll of thunder and may reach 75 db using sound aids or the method described above.

Please report your observations here

Edited by pyrotech

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes, I heard about this on the SETI website & on the M.I.T & CalTech forum boards, so all you budding young astronomers need to set your alarm clocks early...You'd be a fool to miss it.

Posted

Fantastic stuff... I'd forgotten about this. OON did a piece on it last time. I'll look and see if it's in the archive.

Posted

Please report your observations here

:rofl: I'm all ears!!!!!!

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I have heard that it may be delayed by 15 mins. Is that true?

Posted

I have heard that it may be delayed by 15 mins. Is that true?

The timing is variable depending where you are on situated on our planet. There was talk of a delay because of the Earth being thrown off its axis by the recent earthquake activity, but I believe the intensity of the sound will remain high.

alien_1979.jpg

Posted

Yes its also on Global Weather Systems and NASA site but not many people outside these circles know about it so tell friends and family

I'm concerned that I may not pick up the sounds down here on the South coast. Should I roll up a cone of paper or a piece of hose and a funnel + fashion it into a crude listening device?

ear-trumpet.jpg?

Posted

You can buy a special cone for this off space sites but bit late now as its about 10 hours away.

Got to admit I'm getting quite excited now, I hope I'm not the only one laying down in the garden in my area tonight, might have to get the camp bed out - should I get the neighbours involved? - they would hate for me to enjoy this alone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Sounds really interesting, I would be a fool to miss this one.

Posted

I'm not sure if I heard something or if it was just the rumbling of tyres on the M1. I'm currently laid on the garden and listening intently. Just had a strong coffee to keep me going.

Posted

Well I spent the majority of the night in the garden and I think it was well worth it. I've even managed to record the sound of Priofolla in its death throws:

Priofolla.wav

Posted

Have to admit, I nearly fell for this on ATS, being very close to posting a serious debunking of it! :blush:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

At last! One that I didn't fall for (Unlike the spaghetti trees. :blush: )...Sound waves cannae traverse a vacuum...

Posted

Cheers all for taking it as the fun it was intended to be, whether you fell for

it or not.

it appeared all over the web in just a few hours and on one

american site i had to intervene to stop a major argument, and a few fell hook

line and sinker.

Thanks also to the Mods and Hosting team on here for going

along with it and for seeing it for what it was - a bit of harmless

fun

Cheers all and back to the storm watch and hurricane forums for me

Posted

Thanks also to the Mods and Hosting team on here for going

along with it and for seeing it for what it was - a bit of harmless

fun

You mean I was up all night on my back, in the garden and it was a joke???? :whistling:

Posted

I've heard that the last of the sound waves were audible just before 12:00 noon :whistling:

Many thanks to the 600+ who were curious enough to visit the website :D

I clicked on the site even though I knew it was a trick, I was still curious enough it seems!