Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tornado Warning In Orlando

Posted

Cheers coast, great read. He must be used to this by now :-)

He's been out there with the family for 7 years now and doesn't really talk about the storms. I have been out a few times but never encountered anything worth chasing.

Live video coverage here:

http://www.wftv.com/video/27381865/index.html

Posted

Id love to be over there right now, looks like theres some cracking activity going on after the recent heatwave (just over 33c wasnt it in Orlando on Sunday? very hot for March).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

He's been out there with the family for 7 years now and doesn't really talk about the storms. I have been out a few times but never encountered anything worth chasing.

Live video coverage here:

http://www.wftv.com/video/27381865/index.html

hi coast, looks like clermont could in firing line for strong winds now at 1044, as cell has expanded further south, upper level winds of 100mph (linear) being reported

upper level winds now over 100mph in a small area in the southern half of these storms, will run very close to clermont, 100mph plus currently over mascotte

eta now 5mins away for north clermont, not sure what part i'm in

Posted

Looks Like a Bowing Line Segment approaching Orlando, denoted by the "S" Shape it takes, breaks in this "S" Are usually where Tornadoes Occur along the Line.

Tornado Warning now near Tampa Bay as well

Posted

nothing but rain here, so we must be to the south of clermont and missed the action

winds deminishing rapidly as storm moves over lake apopca

Looks Like a Bowing Line Segment approaching Orlando, denoted by the "S" Shape it takes, breaks in this "S" Are usually where Tornadoes Occur along the Line.

Tornado Warning now near Tampa Bay as well

cheers paul, all eyes out to tampa for us now as latest one missed us to the north

Posted

Anyone got any Cams in or near to Tampa as it is getting Mullered at the moment :wacko:

Posted

Been watching this as my friend is flying back from orlando today. It looks pretty bad.

2-3 hour delays on all flights out of OIA at the moment, should be able to catch up for a while. Cold front pushing south so the next batch of storms may run to the south of orlando and not cause any further delays

Posted

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/subindex/weather/weatherpix

Numerous Funnel Cloud and Tornado Pictures near the Tampa Bay area on the fox link cookie put in above

Edit: Thats the earlier Funnel near Kathleen in the 2nd Report from SPC Robin :drinks:

Posted

What would we give to see some soundings like this over in the UK this Summer?

ktpa.gif

http://www.osdpd.noaa.gov/skewt/html/loops/tpaloop.html

korl.gif

http://www.osdpd.noaa.gov/skewt/gifs/korl.gif

Posted

Just finished a long phone call with my mate in Clermont. Seems he is on a hill and for whatever reason the storms generally go around him. It is pretty windy up there but nothing exceptional and he''s not currently worried, but is keeping an eye on the local Weather warnings (Lakes). I have an open invite to go out there, but I bet the activity will be next to nothing when I do!!!

Posted

Fly In Sunday and hire a Car, Chase in Georgia and Alabama on Monday (Probable Moderate Risk) and then Chase a tasty looking Set-Up next Tuesday in Florida and then return to the Villa and Poolside Snacks.

As Del Boy would say Luvly Jubbly! :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

watching it useing the traffic cameras avaliable. They had one out yesterday too!

orlandowaterspout.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love this radar : http://www.intellica...ocal/WxMap.aspx

with these traffic cameras great for when you cant be out there covers most the us too! live etc http://trafficland.com/mapnav.jsp

Edited by vortex_liam

Posted

sorry i disappeared earlier all, first my daughter hijacked my laptop and then the family insisted we go to the shopping malls in international drive, heavy rain and storms all afternoon and didn't stop until 7-8pm.

looking good for next week as well for central usa with the first major tornado and storm activity of the season and also some more fireworks here next tuesday.

thanks all for joining in this discussion and all the great info and pictures and links

jimbo

Posted
From the damage surveyed, it was evident that severe straight-line winds impacted the airport, however, a convergent pattern of debris was found on the western end of the runway. Damage supported 75 mph downburst thunderstorm winds with a brief tornado impact 30 yards wide at the west end of the runway. Damage is consistent around 95 mph. (EF-1) Tornado impact at 12:05 pm.
The SUN 'n FUN International Fly-In & Expo, taking place now through Sunday, April 3 at Lakeland Linder Regional Airport in Lakeland, Fla., experienced severe weather this afternoon that caused significant damage to an estimated 50 exhibitor and privately owned aircraft as well as a large number of tents and other temporary structures. No major injuries were reported, although 15 people were treated for injuries at SUN ‘n FUN’s on-site medical hospitality center. Seven of those were subsequently transported to Lakeland Regional Medical Center.

sun-0331.jpg

sun-2-0331.jpg

Sun-5-0331.JPG

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/march/225954/Reports-show-tornado-touched-down-during-Sun-N-Fun-event

Lakeland Linder airport