Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm-Chase Heroes?

Ali2011

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

It's all kicking off in the US and tornado warnings are flying all over the place - but are there any storm chase heroes? if so who are yours?

What? Besides Paul Sherman?

Posted

What? Besides Paul Sherman?

Sherman

Sherman

Sherman

Sherman

Sherman

Sherman

Sherman

:drinks:

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Im not sure i really think that Tim samerios ( dont know how to spell it ) is a great chaser takes the right risks and gets close safest way possiable. And hes helping design houses stronger etc...

And Sean casey as he went through so much and yet maneged to lead a great team to intersepts etc!!!

Posted

There's some whose style and opinion I've learned to respect - Andy Gabrielson, Roger Hill, Bart Comstock to name a few.

For experience and knowledge you need look no further than our very own Stu Robinson, Tony Gilbert and of course the Sherminator.

The likes of Reed Timmer are a little too over-excitable for my liking but they make up for it in entertainment value :whistling:

Posted

The likes of Reed Timmer are a little too over-excitable for my liking but they make up for it in entertainment value :whistling:

Poor ol' Lightning Dimmer, but as you say he makes up for it in entertainment value.

Never mind Pat don't cry :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
Posted · Hidden by Tom Lynch, April 11, 2011 - photo wont show
Hidden by Tom Lynch, April 11, 2011 - photo wont show

We couldn't forget Dave Ewoldt could we.

• 1 month later...

Im not sure i really think that Tim samerios ( dont know how to spell it ) is a great chaser takes the right risks and gets close safest way possiable. And hes helping design houses stronger etc...

And Sean casey as he went through so much and yet maneged to lead a great team to intersepts etc!!!

Hi

Would you categorise Tim as a chaser or scientist? I recently wrote a a blog to find out who the legends of storm chasing are on the BBC '23 Degrees blog' http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/23degrees/2011/05/does_chasing_an_f5_category_to.html

The Beeb are keen on finding out who is ranked at the top.....we are likely to be out in the US in june and want to get the community's opinion

let us know

Aira

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

David Hoadley has to come to mind. He saw his first tornado in the 50's, started chasing regularly in the 60's amd still chases today... Oh,he also started StormTrack (the magazine version pre-internet). He's a proper legend, no offense to Paul and company ;)