Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Weather Chat

Coast

Posted

Already down to 2.9C now which is a date record low minima at this site. The average min for May 3rd is 6.5C here, so its a rather cold night for the time of year.

I think last year's new record May minima of 0.1C is safe, but it could get close as theres many hours of cooling to come yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Already down to 2.9C now which is a date record low minima at this site. The average min for May 3rd is 6.5C here, so its a rather cold night for the time of year.

I think last year's new record May minima of 0.1C is safe, but it could get close as theres many hours of cooling to come yet.

I have to say ive just noticed its a bit cold and i normally dont feel the cold at all. Still 6c here though.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Met-office update shows -10.4C at the last update in Shap.. surely not?

Posted

Woke to find my car was covered with frost and temperatures of -2c. at 6am this morning. Looks as if it's going to be another clear and sunny day.

Posted

Met-office update shows -10.4C at the last update in Shap.. surely not?

Well it was -9.1C at 0300z.

That's got to be an error...surely. I'm just six miles away in a similar situation to Shap and it only dropped to -2.0C here. Similarly, at Maulds Meaburn, which is even closer, it only dropped to -1.3C.

That's got to be an error...surely. I'm just six miles away in a similar situation to Shap and it only dropped to -2.0C here. Similarly, at Maulds Meaburn, which is even closer, it only dropped to -1.3C.

Could well be an error 1.8C at midnight. -10.7C, an hour later. Highly unlikely.

Posted

Overnight was 4.4 DgC which was cold enough here for a wee bit of grass and car frost. Slowly burning away in the wonderful sunshine.

Posted

I notice the temps at Shap, including the min. have been ommitted from the 0600z broadcast. The GM was -7C which supports your observations. At a quick glance the lowest was our old friend Altnaharra at -6.3C.

Posted

Overnight low of 2.5c, currently sunny though high cloud is spilling in from the South West.

Posted

It stayed clear throughout the night and as a result the temperature dropped to 0.5C, making it the third coldest May night in 29 years.

Its now mainly cloudy with a temperature of 11.2C and 70% humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I would like to see permanent Northern lattitude blocking prevail for the next year (a sort of reverse Bartlett only lasting a lot longer) starting off to the North west giving some very cool showery summer weather and then moving into scandinavia during November giving the mother of all easterlies lasting the whole winter with -20c uppers covering the whole country and some massive convections getting right across to the west as well.

Just taking note of this, I don't think such a setup in summer would be particularly showery, especially in eastern Scotland and north-east England where the stabilising influence of the North Sea would default the weather towards dry and cloudy. That setup can get pretty wet in the south though.

For a cool showery scenario we'd probably need a north-westerly type with low pressure in charge to the N and NE.

Posted

Not amazingly warm here with the current temps being around 11c. However, since there much less wind than of late, it feels very pleasant indeed in the sunshine. We desperately need some rain though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Chilly night down to 4.1c but recovered nicely in the unbroken sunshine.

Lot less wind so feeling much nicer at 17c max so far.

Posted

Plenty of sunshine again today, more cloud moving in now but a cool gusty wind again like yesterday, max of 16c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

starting to cloud over now from the west, can see the unsettled skies out west, 21.3C max today, dreading the washout weekend

Posted

why is the bbc 5 dayer predicting heavy rain in my area for 7am 2moro when there is no rain forecast by every other model, plus for the last 2 nights it has underestimated the min temp i got a frost last night when it predicted 4 c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

starting to cloud over now from the west, can see the unsettled skies out west, 21.3C max today, dreading the washout weekend

Your one regular ray of sunshine Mark...lol

Another superb day here in south staffs, the pesky easterly breeze has finally abated somewhat, making it feel much warmer than the past few days....and into the weekend, some warm, possibly hot sunshine interspersed with some thundery downpours

Posted

I doubt anywhere in the Midlands hit 21c today, 16-17c seems to of been the max.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

another sunny spring day............. must be about the 40th in a row!

Now I almost expect to wake up to a clear sunny day every day. Its happening with such amazing regularity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I've just returned from my son's Rugby (League) training and i couldn't believe how hard the ground is, it was a dust bowl and resembled pictures of hard baked lake beds during droughts in high summer , i'm not a rain fan by any stretch of the imagination infact i love the sun/heat, but i fear that unless we get some rain soon the pitches will become dangerous

Posted

There was more ice on the car at 0730 today, already I've seen it more times in May than April. A decent day except for the plague of aircraft-induced muck mid-morning, and the cloud that appeared around 5pm. With a little help from Icelandic Volcanoes we could have had a 21C+ temperature range today I reckon, without it we only got 16.