Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2012 - Dates And Early Booking Offer

Paul

Posted

Hi Tom & Cookie Monster,

I've booked the 1145 BA flight from Heathrow on Sat 19th. Presume you're on the same? You staying at the Best Western in Irving?

Jimbob

Yes sireebob

Just need to meet up at Heathrow and then on the other side we will need to phone for the courtesy bus from the hotel. All easy.

Tom

I'm on the same flight so I shall see ye there. Best Western for me as usual also.

Posted

So flights booked, esta completed, best western for the first night sorted and travel insurance in the bag, just need to settle up for the trip and have a few jars in Oxford :drinks:

...............I'm off to pack :rofl:

Craig

Posted

Yep New ESTA For me this year as well. Damn you US Government!

I will be updating a list of runners and riders once I get this from the bosses!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

This thread's awful quiet, is everybody on here a returnee and less than excited, with it being mid Feb usually talk of cameras and underwear frequent this thread, it seems awful quiet.

No, hang on I can hear the Sherminator saying "WTF..." quietly in the background.....

Cameras are important but frequent changes of underwear is also sometimes important

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Yep New ESTA For me this year as well. Damn you US Government!

I will be updating a list of runners and riders once I get this from the bosses!

The ESTA is for your personal protection boy and i would be careful who you call on the worldwid web . You might get a heavy hand on your shoulder , stateside.

Bruce

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Everything booked, except the insurance... Who have most people gone with? I did see a recommendation a while ago but can't find it again now.

Posted

Everything booked, except the insurance... Who have most people gone with? I did see a recommendation a while ago but can't find it again now.

Go Walkabout was the one I used. I was recommend it last year as they have one of the few that cover storm chasing.

Posted

Still got to sort insurance out, roll on pay day for that, Plus fights from stornoway when ever I can pay for that, 6 flights in total for this trip! :lol: and room in the best western for the night before needs sorted!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Go Walkabout was the one I used. I was recommend it last year as they have one of the few that cover storm chasing.

That was it, cheers.

Posted
6 flights in total for this trip! :lol: !

Cookie, wouldn't it have been easier to go by fishing trawler to Greenland, and then fly on to Baltimore using Grenland Air (Know to many as Penguin) :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

ESTA's run out, Passport has 4 months left on it , Insurance about to expire , no flights or hotels booked and the MOT runs out while I'm in the US...time to come out of hibernation and get a wriggle on :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Posted

WOo! ... finally got around to deciding about being able to go.... tour 5 team..... I shall be seeing yous on the 13th on June! :clapping::good:

Got flights €650 which is down a €100 from last year so delighted with that!

Arriving in Denver on the 12th at 6pm . Gonna look for a place to stay for the night on Monday.

Cannot wait! :D ... * goes digs up the blog from the depths * :)

WOOOOOOO!!!!

Posted

Nice 1 Ian!

Think that means just 1 Space remaining on Tour 5 now - Really starting to get down to the last few spaces on the tours now. Will put an updated list in the next few days and Surprisingly the Tour with the most spaces is the one that has statistically been the most productive over the last 10 years (Which means nothing as all the dates have an even chance of seeing an outbreak)

Just over 11 weeks to go now and it is going to fly by!

Posted

WOo! ... finally got around to deciding about being able to go.... tour 5 team..... I shall be seeing yous on the 13th on June! :clapping::good:

Got flights €650 which is down a €100 from last year so delighted with that!

Arriving in Denver on the 12th at 6pm . Gonna look for a place to stay for the night on Monday.

Cannot wait! :D ... * goes digs up the blog from the depths * :)

WOOOOOOO!!!!

On the hotel front, you might wanna hang on a tad as I have provided some info to Ian Michealwaite re hotels around DIA as suggestions for a first night, which means you could book the same hotel as the one others might use on the first night.

Ian, any thoughts yet??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

<happy dancing> main flights booked........is everyone on T4 arriving a day early ?

Posted

<happy dancing> main flights booked........is everyone on T4 arriving a day early ?

Certainly am. Arriving on the 30th for a fun filled evening in the Great Western

Posted

30th for me too! Looks like now is a good time to get flights if you haven't done already through BA. They appear to be coming out at the same price as in October last year when I got mine. Happy trails

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

I'm also there on the 30th - should be a good laugh. Let's see if we can make Walmart run out of beer :rofl: :rofl: