Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer Forecast - Hot & Dry - Shades Of 1976

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

For all my adoring fans!

Friday 10th June 2011

Area of low atmospheric pressure centered between the UKand Iceland.

A showery day for most parts, more akin to April than early Summer! Most prolific and widespread showers forcentral and northern areas of the country, although a batch of widespread,heavy showers are likely to affect south wales and the south west of England too,perhaps merging into a longer spell of rain for some. Temperatures ranging from 11-15C in thenorth, 15-18C in the south.

Saturday 11th June 2011

High pressure tries to ridge in from the south, failingto do so and transferring into France / Germany instead. Showers will again feature in the forecast,working from west to east across the country. Again the most prolific and widespread cells probably across Wales,Midlands, East Anglia northwards. That's not to say a few showers wont feature in southern areas too. Temperatures ranging from 11-15C in the north, 15-18C in the south.

Sunday 12th June 2011

New area of low atmospheric pressure steaming in fromthe Atlantic. Increasingly breezy orwindy for most, with moderate / heavy rain tracking its way into western areasinitially, transferring to the east as the day progresses. Rain perhaps turning a little less heavy andmore fragmented as it reaches the east. Variabletemperatures, from 10-13C in the rain. 14-17C in any brightness.

Monday 13th June 2011

Low pressure moves away to affect Scotland and the farnorth. Higher pressure begins to buildin from the south. Still a few showersdotted about, although a real improvement for many, with some spells ofsunshine and drier conditions. Cloudyskies and more persistent rain /showers could still affect Scotland and the far north,along with stronger winds. 11-15C in thenorth, 16-19C in the south.

Tuesday 14th June 2011

High pressure hangs on for another day, althoughgradually being squeezed out by another Atlantic weather system. Predominantly dry for most, with some brightor sunny intervals. Again, just a fewshowers dotted around, most likely to affect northern areas of the country. 12-16C in the north, 16-20C in the south.

Wed-Fri 15th / 17th June 2011

Low pressure continues to work in from theAtlantic. No sign of Summer, with a mixtureof rain/showers at times. Some drier andbrighter interludes between falls of rain, especially in the south. Temperatures not too far from the average forthe time of year, anywhere from 14-18C in the north, 15-20C in the south.

Let the criticism begin! :-p

is that it?.... you claim to be 'trained' and you write that?.... I could have written that (or better) and im one of the LEAST knowlegable (technically) here! you do not use the language of a 'trained' met man, there are amateurs here who use far more technical language not only to discribe what the charts are showing, but to explain whats driving them. i told you that you will be sussed if you are a fake... i dont believe you are 'trained' at all.

now back to the lfr.... if you dont think they are of any validity, fair play, youve said your peice now move on and let those of us who ARE interested in what a lrf has to offer discuss them. thank you.

I've been on this forum long enough to learn who knows their stuff when it comes to Meteorology and those who pretend to know.

EXACTLY...well said dave.

Posted

And again I would like to point out... this thread is not about me, what I do for a living, what I eat for breakfast etc...

Yes, I'd like to concur with that. Can we keep this thread to discussion of the Netweather Summer forecast only please! :good:

Someone has started an LRF thread here, which may be more suited to that topic:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I have to say I've never known such a cool feeling start to summer. Been a real chill in the air for the past week or so, and I usually crave the cooler temperatures!

Posted

is that it?.... you claim to be 'trained' and you write that?.... I could have written that (or better) and im one of the LEAST knowlegable (technically) here! you do not use the language of a 'trained' met man, there are amateurs here who use far more technical language not only to discribe what the charts are showing, but to explain whats driving them. i told you that you will be sussed if you are a fake... i dont believe you are 'trained' at all.

now back to the lfr.... if you dont think they are of any validity, fair play, youve said your peice now move on and let those of us who ARE interested in what a lrf has to offer discuss them. thank you.

EXACTLY...well said dave.

This is a debate about netweather's shades of 1976 summer forecast, I will continue to give my input into the subject.

I have to say I've never known such a cool feeling start to summer. Been a real chill in the air for the past week or so, and I usually crave the cooler temperatures!

Agreed... the radiators were on last night, it was really cold!

Didnt think the radiators would be on near mid June!

Edited by jethro
Yes this is a debate about NW's forecast, move along, enough sniping.